Creatine Loading Phase

Hi everyone, 

I am looking into adding creatine to my supplement stack and I was just wondering if it is really necessary to do a "loading phase" when first starting. 

Comments

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

I seem to recall reading an article not so long ago, that said something along the line that it is not critical/really necessary to do a loading phase. 

I'll see if i can find the article when i get a chance.

I thought it may have been a 'suppversity' post, & here is one that discusses the topic, but it's from 2013 (so i'm not sure if that's the one i was thinking of); 

suppversity-creatine-dht-hair-loss-prostate-cancer

fake it till you make it

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

This is the comment i was thinking of;

"It appears that it is unnecessary to load creatine. Loading will increase muscle creatine levels quickly, but skipping the loading phase and taking a maintenance dose will deliver the same benefits once muscle creatine levels get high enough. Side effects are minimised if the loading phase is skipped."

quote taken from here

fake it till you make it

• Failed miserably the first time creatine was loaded because the dosage was n`t split throughout the day.(like an idiot took it all at once and that's not the way to load it..hahaha).To be honest with you I would n`t bother with the loading phase. It will take you there quicker and this is an advantage if you often cycle on and off them. Now taking it at a maintenance dose with green tea extract. The creapure is good and the results are the same without the loading phase. Just an opinion.

• Everyone used to load when it first came out about 15 odd years ago. Heard it was a ploy to get people to use more back in the day. Been debunked now from what I hear. I've never loaded with it. Although I don't use it too often lately.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• As Daz pointed out in his quote, although the loading phase is not essential, it does ensure that the effects occur sooner. 

"but skipping the loading phase and taking a maintenance dose will deliver the same benefits once muscle creatine levels get high enough."

Essentially it just ensures muscle creatine levels are heightened in a shorter period of time, which can't be a bad thing? 

• what's the rush?

The sooner it starts working the sooner you'll see the benefits?