Which Quest Bars Are Most Bulletproof?

McTech0911McTech0911 RAW Grass Fed Protein Bars

Of all the Quest Bar choices, which ones are most BP? Where would they fall on the infographic, yellow zone? I ask because of the milk-protein isolate added which (to my knowledge) is 85% casein and 15% whey. Casein isnt Bulletproof and is supposed to be avoided, right?

RAW Grass Fed Protein Bars

Supplier of 100% Grass Fed Pasture Raised Whey Protein Bars

www.rawgrassfedproteinbars.com

Comments

• McTech0911McTech0911 RAW Grass Fed Protein Bars

What about recommendations for another BP whey protein bar?

RAW Grass Fed Protein Bars

Supplier of 100% Grass Fed Pasture Raised Whey Protein Bars

www.rawgrassfedproteinbars.com

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

yeah i don't know, maybe yellow or orange i'd think...they're obviously better than say, a clif bar. they have some good things going for them... they are tasty. super low carb, the whey isolate i'm sure is not grass fed but is cold-processed according to them. they do have a bunch of fiber and what i think falls in the category of resistant starch. if you get the "natural" flavors they don't have any red zone sweeteners (i don't think). they're convenient, and relatively cheap. for a protein bar they are pretty kickass. 

unfortunately, i think protein bars in general kind of suffer from the whole mass-processing thing, which means probably all of them are prone to mycotoxins if thats a concern of yours. i think all of the quest bars have some "natural flavors", which hey, maybe those really are "natural" flavors and not too bad, but who knows. they also all have some amount of almonds or walnuts, which are probably not raw or organic. i hadn't even thought of the whole casein thing! 

epic bars are kind of in the same boat i think. sure, the grass-fed label is great, but they all have nightshades and some amount of sugar, right? tanka bars are "70% grass-fed", also have things like rice and sugar and stuff in them. they can be tasty too though.

i think dave has given some praise to epic bars, but i'd be curious to hear his thoughts on protein bars in general, how he would rank them, and why. i'm thinking we all need to get food dehydrators and make our own jerky if we want bulletproof protein bars.