Bulletproof Dorm Room

Any good sleep hacks for loud room mates? Ive tried the white noise from my fan on HI and quality NNR33 ear plugs to no avail.

Comments

• You're paying a SHIT load of money to attend university.  Switch rooms.  It's within your rights :)  Switching rooms is your only hack.

• You're paying a SHIT load of money to attend university.  Switch rooms.  It's within your rights :)  Switching rooms is your only hack.

Very good point! I hope you try it, lewkow, and let us know how it goes, 

FYI if you do this, I suggest a polite but firm "I need to switch rooms" as opposed to "Can I switch rooms?", and be ready with a simple and un-debateable explanation of why. 

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Super Glue.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Very good point! I hope you try it, lewkow, and let us know how it goes, 

FYI if you do this, I suggest a polite but firm "I need to switch rooms" as opposed to "Can I switch rooms?", and be ready with a simple and un-debateable explanation of why. 

Definitely give it a go. It's the best solution and you have nothing to lose. As above, don't pose it as a question but a polite demand (assertive training from being Family Services). 

And also be ready with the explanation and make it sound strong and confident. 

You could go into everything that you have tried but the lack of sleep is wearing you out and making you highly anxious/whatever other horrid emotional state and your doctor wants to put you onto sleeping pills, which you do not want nor do you feel you should have to resort to... whatever it is, just practice your argument a little and have a few different points as well in case one doesn't resonate with them. Personally, I'd break down and start crying just to prove I'm an emotional wreck and so tired and exhausted, if they started saying no.. ;)

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."

• Hack your roomate's FB account and post something mildly negative about the University one night.  Chances are you'll wake up with an empty room.

• Haha...all good suggestions but this is a good friend of mine.  So far I've tried modifying my earbuds to fit earplugs....its pretty good although slight uncomfortable,