Flour Replacements (Arrow Root, Tapioca Starch)

How bulletproof is the use of Arrow Root and/or Tapioca Starch to replace flour? I currently use Coconut and Almond right now but I am looking for something better to mix with those to create pizza and tortillas out of.

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

Both fine, but I doubt they'll help much in your pizza endeavours. 

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Have you tried making pizza with cauliflower?  I'm too lazy for this but I heard it works great.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Have you tried making pizza with cauliflower?  I'm too lazy for this but I heard it works great.

I've tried it a while ago. You grate cauliflower, steam it, then mix it with mozerella cheese as your crust. The cauliflower retains a lot of water, so the crust didn't seem like a real pizza crust. Maybe if you let the cauliflower drain for a while it would be better.

I have a Paleo cook book that has pizza crust recipe in it using coconut and almond flour that I am going to try soon.

• I make cauliflower tortillas and I have to squeeze the water out of the cauliflower after they've been steamed or else they don't come out well. 

I've tried it a while ago. You grate cauliflower, steam it, then mix it with mozerella cheese as your crust. The cauliflower retains a lot of water, so the crust didn't seem like a real pizza crust. Maybe if you let the cauliflower drain for a while it would be better.

I have a Paleo cook book that has pizza crust recipe in it using coconut and almond flour that I am going to try soon.

• cointiltcointilt
    edited September 2014

Yeah I have done the cauliflower thing. You have to have a good "tea bag" strainer towel or else it is really hard to get enough water out to allow it to not fall apart.