Genetic. Testing.

Ok so real simple - since 23andme doesn't give health data anymore... what's the best place to get genetic testing done? I have known AI issues and been healing that but I want to get a look at my genes and see if I have somethign weird like the MTHFR gene that tells me I need to be supplementing with certain vitamins. 

Also if anyone can find a link to a list of complete blood work (i'm probably going to just do a wellnessfx but i'd like to run it through my doc for insurance purposes as well as I need a physical since i can't find a functional medicine doc in town that isn't vegan)

thanks guys! 

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

I live in ON and i just got 23 and me testing done. You can download your raw data and upload it to a few 3rd party websites for free. There is also DNAFIT.com but they charge.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I just just started the process with 23andMe -- I will be sending the results to DNAFit (http://www.dnafit.com).

• oh you can do third party? awesome, then that makes it totally worth it. is it just me or did the price for testing go down by a few $100 since they got the slap by the FDA? I thought it used to be like $300 before 

• For those who have had their results analyzed, what benefits have you personally gained from the data?

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

I ran mine through prometheus (free) a few days ago and got a lot more analysis than I expected. Well worth running this simply for the fact that it's free if you have your raw data (and they don't store your genetic data ;) )

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• Prometheus is very useful and the data is extensive.  However, it can be difficult to get any actionable information from it.  For example, you might have several SNP's saying that you are more inclined to heart disease but also have several other SNP's saying that you have a lower inclination for heart disease.  Conflicting data.

The key is which SNP's are being up-regulated and expressing.  That's the key and the missing piece of the puzzle.  Knowing what lifestyle changes can work with your genetics to improve your health is still a mystery to a large degree.  This is the cutting edge of current research.  My opinion is that on-going research will have a huge impact on our healthcare over the next few decades.  However, it's not quite ready for prime time yet.

One actionable item I learned is that I metabolize caffeine very slowly.  My wife does not detox NSAID's and should completely avoid them.  So, there is some good info to be found.