Morning Bulletproof Coffee Causing Ketosis-Induced Sweating/itching?

I know I talk a big game about knowing where all my symptoms come from (as far as mold goes), but I've been having this issue lately where I drink about 2.5 cups of bulletproof coffee (sometimes with a breakfast of pure meat, like extremely organic pork sausage or a burger), and I start to sweat and itch, mostly on my forearms (weird).

Lately, actually, I've been getting some B.O., too, which is different than say 3 months ago. I've actually only recently started drinking coffee regularly (probably 3 months ago, actually), and I didn't really get these symptoms from drinking BP cacao tea. I don't want to give up coffee, though. It is too helpful in my work and in my mood. I hope that you all aren't going to tell me I have to give it up, LOL.

A few possibilities for the origins of these symptoms:

-Perhaps I am dumping magnesium (usually have to go to the bathroom several times throughout the morning until 2 pm lunchtime). I have heard using magnesium oil on your pits can actually resolve B.O., and I have used this method with good results, proving (at least to me) that magnesium deficits and BO are connected. Drinking coffee can cause magnesium wasting, I have read, which is weird, because it supposedly has a ton of it. Maybe that's one of the reasons it makes you start to expel magnesium and have to go to the bathroom all of a sudden? Anyone know anything about this? I still supplement with magnesium (about 250-400 mg near the end of the day/before bed), but it doesn't really fix the issue, though the BO is not usually there at night (which my wife is thankful for).

-I recently took a course of lufenuron (the most effective candida killer), which usually results in a sore throat from strep/staph bacterial overgrowth and some other weird symptoms. This was like a month ago, and it's otherwise starting to resolve into more energy and less filmy saliva (I know some of you think candida isn't a big issue, but I don't really want to argue about that right now). Perhaps I am having an overgrowth of the bacteria in the armpits that make you stink (due to the lack of yeast that are usually there fighting them off), and their die-off is causing this issue/aroma (stench I mean)?

-I am experiencing a ketosis reaction. I don't really need to burn fat (I weigh only 165 lbs---up from 155 lbs last year, due to lifting lots of weights, hopefully). However, I might be burning fat anyway, because I am fairly low carb. I eat the equivalent of a handful of rice or a half-to-a-whole sweet potato per day, along with my incidental carbs from an avocado and a handful of nuts every day. I'd like to be able to eat more carbs (like the Jaminet-recommended 50-100 g/day), but they used to make me feel entirely weak (in my opinion, from the candida overgrowth---again, don't want to argue that I have a candida issue; I am certain that I did/still kind of do), and actually when I have too much fructose from fruit or honey, I still feel dizzy, weak, or otherwise crappy pretty much right away. If this is the problem, it's kind of like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have also read that candida feeds on ketones, so I've tried to find the sweet spot where I don't get too much glucose for them to eat and not too many ketones are put out. My life is hard, LOL.

The itching/sweating sensation actually happens when I'm working out (heavy lifting/circuit training) sometimes, so that might be a clue.

Thanks for taking my case! I trust the people in the forums more than any doctor, so thanks in advance, BP sleuths!

Comments

• I have noticed myself on a couple of occasions that after drinking coffee, then doing either exercise or being physically active (sweating?) and not drinking much of anything else, my legs would begin itching non-stop. The the last time it happened I realized it, drank a bunch of water and it stopped. I know that coffee can dehydrate you, so perhaps that combined with physical activity and the hot/humid weather can lead to extremities becoming itchy.   ....or maybe pure coincidence.

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

Do you guys still loose weight?

Could be some toxins released from within body fat...

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Modern Life SurvivalistModern Life Survivalist Saturated Fat Truther ✭✭

Do you guys still loose weight?

Could be some toxins released from within body fat...

I have actually been gaining weight, but I think it's all from muscle. I was thinking the same thing to some extent. Does coffee and dehydration activate sweating? Does ketosis activate sweat? Man you caught me right in the middle of an itchy spell, *scratch scratch* (legs).

I have noticed myself on a couple of occasions that after drinking coffee, then doing either exercise or being physically active (sweating?) and not drinking much of anything else, my legs would begin itching non-stop. The the last time it happened I realized it, drank a bunch of water and it stopped. I know that coffee can dehydrate you, so perhaps that combined with physical activity and the hot/humid weather can lead to extremities becoming itchy.   ....or maybe pure coincidence.

I hope so, Jimmm. I really hope it's not from toxins. I think DMan has a good point, because if we're "fat burners" like we're supposed to be, perhaps we keep unleashing toxins that are stored up in fat from years ago (before we were Bulletproof). Histamines, toxins, ketosis, dehydration, and electrolytes all play into it. Good to know at least that I'm not the only one.

• As a long time coffee drinker, I can say from experience that with the right conditions drinking coffee makes me sweat profusely. Mostly I attribute it to being a stronger dose of caffiene that sets off the furnace effect. Prior to my switch to BP coffee, Starbucks venti double shot drinks were my standard and that would be a guarantee of thirty minutes or so of feeling overheated. As my coffee intake has lowered to my morning BP and my afternoon thermos of BP, the amount of time I sweat and how hot I feel are both much lower. Keep in mind I live in southern Arizona where one hundred plus degree days are common, adding hot coffee to that mix where my body has acclimated to that external heat seems to highten the coffee sweats. Also, in the past when running an ECA stack with 100mg of caffiene twice a day it did not make me sweat until I would physically exert myself. This leads me to the conclusion that there is a threshold caffiene single dose that makes my body temp rise.

As a long time coffee drinker, I can say from experience that with the right conditions drinking coffee makes me sweat profusely. Mostly I attribute it to being a stronger dose of caffiene that sets off the furnace effect. Prior to my switch to BP coffee, Starbucks venti double shot drinks were my standard and that would be a guarantee of thirty minutes or so of feeling overheated. As my coffee intake has lowered to my morning BP and my afternoon thermos of BP, the amount of time I sweat and how hot I feel are both much lower. Keep in mind I live in southern Arizona where one hundred plus degree days are common, adding hot coffee to that mix where my body has acclimated to that external heat seems to highten the coffee sweats. Also, in the past when running an ECA stack with 100mg of caffiene twice a day it did not make me sweat until I would physically exert myself. This leads me to the conclusion that there is a threshold caffiene single dose that makes my body temp rise.

Thanks for the experience and info, Snap! Do you think that the itching comes from the coffee, too? Is there a histamine or inflammatory aspect to it? It's weird.

• The itching is something I have not experienced at all, however I have been on claratin for many years to counter what could have been any number of allergies.