Current Stack / Thoughts On Dosage

Hello all, 

I have a quick question hopefully someone could point me in the right direction. I been on both  Pira / Anira for the last 3 weeks. Been doing them twice a day. 

Dosage are below.

Piracetam 1000 gram twice daily Morning Time 9 am  2nd dosage 3pm

Aniracetam 250 mg twice daily Morning Time 9 am 2nd dosage 3pm

My questions are 

1. how long should I stick with this dosage? 

2. If i need to increase the dosage how much do I increate each one? Is there a certain scale i need to follow? 

3. Since I don't get any headache when taking P/A should I still include choline to my stack? If I do need to add choline how much of a dosage do I need? 

Hopefully someone could give some feedback on dosage that way in the future i could follow that. 

Thank you all. 

Comments

• No one can tell you if you need to adjust your dosage without you first telling us your experince on each one, if you're achieving what you want, or why you feel you need to adjust your dosage. At it were, though, the usual dosage for piracetam is 4.8 g daily split into three doses.

ModaMinds - Worldwide delivery of modafinil
    7% off with BULLETPROOF7 or 30% off with Bitcoin orders
  • GhastlyPrezGhastlyPrez Ghastly Prezence

I have a few quick questions for you @Louie77

A.] What's your over all goal with your nootropics?

B.] How effective is the current stack your taking, in regards to the previous question's answer.

To answer your questions,

I am going to assume you meant miligram instead of gram when you said 1000 gram in your post, and with that in mind I am going to say you should be fine at that dose for a while more. Maybe increase it to 2000mg in the morning with a second 1000mg dose in the lunch. I personally dose as ModaMind suggests at 4.8g ( taken in 6 800mg caps throughout the day), and with aniracetam i take 1.5g broken down into 2 caps at 750mg a piece.

Since it sounds like you are just starting to take nootropics your dosing is fine for what you've been doing the first weeks. It gives you a chance to build up and get used to the Racetams before creating your solid stack, without doing like a few people would do and "megadose".

• I have a few quick questions for you @Louie77

A.] What's your over all goal with your nootropics?

B.] How effective is the current stack your taking, in regards to the previous question's answer.

To answer your questions,

I am going to assume you meant miligram instead of gram when you said 1000 gram in your post, and with that in mind I am going to say you should be fine at that dose for a while more. Maybe increase it to 2000mg in the morning with a second 1000mg dose in the lunch. I personally dose as ModaMind suggests at 4.8g ( taken in 6 800mg caps throughout the day), and with aniracetam i take 1.5g broken down into 2 caps at 750mg a piece.

Since it sounds like you are just starting to take nootropics your dosing is fine for what you've been doing the first weeks. It gives you a chance to build up and get used to the Racetams before creating your solid stack, without doing like a few people would do and "megadose".

Thank you both for the feedback. Sorry that I didn't go into details on this post. I will try to explain more. 

A. My over all goal is to recall what I read when i'm studying. At the moment I'm in the process of going to school for microsoft cert. It would be nice to recall things I read when taking the exam. Like to improve my focus as well. I do notice that my focus isn't really good some times.. 

B. The current stack that I been on for about 3 weeks has been okay. I haven't really notice a difference or improvements. I am still not to focus or able to recall some items some times.. 

When I first started with nootropics I went with piracetam for about 1 month 1/2. It did some good but then i notice it started going away. I did increase the dosage but kind of stopped at a certain level.  After that I went to aniracetam for other 1 month 1/2 . Did notice a little more improvement with certain things. After some time I notice it wasn't the same and increase the dosage . Once again i stopped because I was taking to much.  Then I came across stacking both Pira / Anira that it would help with studying and focus. 

I choose that path now to see if that would help me. I have notice little change but not a lot. I notice when I start to read or study i some times get distracted. I then lose focus and have to start out slow once again. That's why I was asking what method of dosage increase I need to take.  I know small dosage work with certain people and some large dosage work with others. 

@GhastlyPrez so what you're telling me if I reading it correct is as follow. 

Morning 9am      2gm Piracetam / 750mg Aniracetam 

4/5 hours later

Afternoon   2 pm   1gm Piracetam / 750 Aniracetam 

A total for the day would be 3gm of Piracetam / 1.5 gm of Aniracetam

Do I need to include Choline to this stack?  If so how much Choline do I need for the day? 

Now since I do most of my study in the night i shouldn't take any more dosage correct? Would it help if one of the dosage was during my study and reading or does it matter when I take it? 

Thanks once again for the feedback. 

• Starting light is great. Next aim is to find the right dose for you. Benefits of nootropics tend to have a u-shaped curve. Too much is less of an effect, and possible side-effects. Too little and you get less of an effect. The right dose, gets you the maximum benefit. For now, getting comfortable and familiar on a light dose before testing is a great idea.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Louie77Louie77
    edited September 2014

That's where i get confuse what is the right dosage when to move up and how much. Should I add 250mg to Pira/Ani ever time I decided to move up on the dosage? Stay at that dosage for about 1 month and see how that works? If it doesn't workout then do other 250mg to both of them? 

I think tonight I'm going to try that... Move from 

1gm of Piracetam to 1.250 of Piracetam twice a day ( afternoon/night time)

250mg of Aniracetam to 500mg of Aniracetam twice a day. (afternoon / night time)

Just to make sure I will add choline to this stack at 250mg of it twice a day (Afternoon / night time)

How does that sound guys/gals?

• BrainSpankingNewsBrainSpankingNews Vitimus Maximus ✭✭
    edited September 2014

You may want to consider stopping the stack for a bit and just tweaking one at a time until you know the dosage that works best for you on each, then combining them.

Are you in need of a Bulletproof Diet coach??

coach-badge-blue-300x60.png

Antony Reed

Founder/Editor of BrainSpankingNews.com

Health, Science, and Liberation

Clear-out the contrary and embrace the uncomfortable!

• I think I going to try taking this for about a month, then getting off of it for 1 week or something. Then try one at a time once again. Since I already tried Pira/Anir i was thinking of moving up to the next one "oxiracetam" 

Would that be the proper step up to the next nootropics? 

My goal that I'm trying to reach is have a better recall of things memorizing , and remembering things when I need too. I do a lot of reading at the moment because I'm trying to get MCSA cert for work. I do a lot of network security so I need to be able to recall and remember things

hopefully someone could give me some advice on this or if I'm taking the right nootropics for what my goal. 

• Well i started last week to up my dosage on the both things. Piracetam 1250mg twice a day, and Anircatam 500mg twice a day. One morning and evening time. So far haven't really notice a difference yet. I guess i have to be patient and see when it kicks in since it take some time for it. 

• Well i started last week to up my dosage on the both things. Piracetam 1250mg twice a day, and Anircatam 500mg twice a day. One morning and evening time. So far haven't really notice a difference yet. I guess i have to be patient and see when it kicks in since it take some time for it. 

I can't know what you mean by having not noticed a difference. I suspect, however, that may be subjective. You'll find that tuning for results is often a bit more fine-grained than a subjective check can provide. I recommend checking out http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/

And track your scores on different substances and in different amounts. You'll need to be more scientific about this, though. Including baselining for a couple weeks first to get some data with none. Preferably until you hit diminishing returns on your ability to improve your skill at taking the tests.

Also, this tests multiple areas of brain function. Which is important because nootropics will make you smarter in some and dumber in others. So it's appropriate to find the stack that is tuned for what you do specifically. This will help with that.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Well thank you very much for the site. I did sign up and did a couple test. We will see how the week goes after some more testing.. 

• Well thank you very much for the site. I did sign up and did a couple test. We will see how the week goes after some more testing.. 

Sounds great. Make sure to limit other influencing factors as much as you can. such as always doing your testing at roughly the same time each day and keep the rest of your routine stable so you can zero in on the effects of your drug stack. Often first thing in the morning after taking it is easiest. If anything fluctuates such as doing it in the afternoon after a long day the results will be skewed by that.