Mercury Toxicity / Glutathione Someone Has Any Experience?

Hi Guys,

I need your help or at least like to know if someone has some experience in mercury detoxing.

For a while now I have these strange symptoms. Now these symptoms come and go in waves. One moment I can feel ok the other moment all these symptoms come on with full force. Although on an average day these symptoms have the upper hand.

===================

Problem with eyes: dry eyes, eye fatigue, eye strain (this one is nasty), very light sensitive

These eye problems are present most of the time but are always present or starting when: screen work / driving car / watching tv / reading (eye intensive stuff)

(I had my eyes checked by different eye doctors which looked for eye pressure, glaucoma, tear filter, etc. etc. but all seems to be perfectly healthy  :???: )

Eye twitching (of the eyelids upper and lower)

Tension in facial and head muscles (sometimes)

Brain fog / ungrounded feeling / dizzyness

Very light headache but noticeable

Anxiety

Tinnitus (ringing in ears)

Depression sometimes (probably because of other symptoms)

ADD/ADHD (inability to focus, racing mind, cannot sit still most of the time)

Irritable 

Also get tired very easily at work. ICT, mostly screen work. I get this pale look and my eyelids start hanging and I get these dark circles under the eyes. A real zombie look!

===================

In the past I've done a DMPS provocation test to see if my body was toxic with heavy metals. I've attached a screenshot (in Dutch). As you can see after the provocation test it showed elevated levels of Lead (Lood) and Mercury (kwik). But they were within reasonable range so they said. Still if I do a provocation test and I see that my values more than doubled, this troubles me.

Now I've started to take Activated Charcoal daily and Glutathione Force (daily as recommendations) and what I've noticed is that my symptoms, especially all of my eye symptoms worsened. What would this mean? Does this mean my cells are detoxing the mercury but because they don't have a chelation agent they just start throwing this shit all over my body so basically only relocating it. Does this also mean that although my heavy metal values are within reasonable ranges I still can have these symptoms because of it?

Comments

• yes, excretion is key, beyond mobilisation. If you have any amalgams, you will be battling tough battle.

Be sure to eat correct for your metabolic type and don't forget about aminos and materials that are building blocks for raising your glutathione levels naturally, beside supplementation. If you have still problems excreting metals, supps that support methylation are key.

For being safe -humic/fulvic acid is an option, so is charcoal, MSM (support methylation).

For not having amalgam - EDTA (under supervision), DMPS, DMSO are all options. Also chorella, garlic, lipoic acid etc. are all options.

PS: protect your thyroid. Selenium, zinc, manganese, magnesium, along with iodine is what will keep integrity of this valuable organ.

Vitamin C fight stress of metals being excreted/mobilised. So does everything that will oxidize metals, making them less toxic.

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress
    Cilantro oil will help too.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

I doubt your issues are metal toxicity related or due to a supplement deficiency.

Basics first:

- carb intake? All of that can be caused by a low carb intake. All of it. Try 200g per day for two weeks and see if that helps if you are doing the ketosis gig now.

- sleep?

- stress levels?

- doing the whole potato starch thing for your leaky gut?

I think you should talk to your doc beyond this.

• I doubt your issues are metal toxicity related or due to a supplement deficiency.

Basics first:

- carb intake? All of that can be caused by a low carb intake. All of it. Try 200g per day for two weeks and see if that helps if you are doing the ketosis gig now.

- sleep?

- stress levels?

- doing the whole potato starch thing for your leaky gut?

I think you should talk to your doc beyond this.

I have to admit my carb intake is pretty low, last couple of weeks. But these issues have been there long before.

My sleep is great according to sleep cycle app. I get 7/8 hours a day. Don't wake up. And feel rested upon waking. The problems start when I'm awake for about 30 / 60 minutes.

Stress levels are also pretty low most of the time as far as I can tell. If I believe my inner balance and HRV sense app.

I have talked to my doctor about these issues. And have had multiple tests done. Blood work, eye examinations, sleep examination, neurological examination, MRI, Went to a psychologist and did some test. They could not find anything and they told me that was all they could do!

That's when I started requesting these tests, heavy metal and stool. But I don't know where to start :-P

Low carb levels can be the cause if you are chronically sub 100. Try 200 for a few weeks and see how that feels. Some people just don't do well on low carb and "it's ok."

Hopefully it's not an anxiety disorder, though. They are a bitch.

• Low carb levels can be the cause if you are chronically sub 100. Try 200 for a few weeks and see how that feels. Some people just don't do well on low carb and "it's ok."

Hopefully it's not an anxiety disorder, though. They are a bitch.

What are in your opinion the best sources of carbs? I need to be cautious though because it seems I also have a gut Dysbiosis

• edited September 2014

What are in your opinion the best sources of carbs? I need to be cautious though because it seems I also have a gut Dysbiosis

You should probably check out fixyourgut.com or buy John Brisson's Amazon book. Indispensable resource. You would want to go on a low FODMAP diet (white jasmine rice, avoid sweet potato/resistant starch, etc) whilst remaining BP of course. Good luck.

edited September 2014

Be careful with self diagnosis. I'm a fair bit more relaxed as far as my carb sources go (compared to your textbook BPer): potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, squash, plantain, fruit, other roots, etc.

• Not all people require the same amount of carbs. And finding your proper daily amount of carbs will likely not hack your metal scores down... ADHD is diagnosis of severe brain structure defects, unlikely mainstream tells about it...

Regarding mercury.

Hydrated silica, humic/fulvic acid are good options. So is iodine and charged co-nutrients. Diet rich in thiols while supporting methylation cycle with active B's can help a bunch...

• f