Differences In Aniracetam Effects

edited September 2014 in Cognitive Performance

I like to educate myself on the stacks I use in-depth just so I can understand how to take this stuff in a sustainable, long-term manner with all-positive benefits if possible. In doing so, I've come across a lot of reports about aniracetam being very subtle and many people's work logs saying they didn't even notice it for days after taking it. Some even mentioning they don't notice until they are doing something very psychologically active or challenging ... or not until they stop taking it then they notice it.

For me, from the first time I took it, it was like my brain was suddenly in an adrenaline rush. Not literal adrenaline, but it just felt that way. Like my brain was on over-drive within 10 minutes and that effect has only gotten stronger over the last few days. It also feels very full body for me. My stress levels dropped to near-zero within the first hour and my scores for brain training and emWave and other testing tools made a DRAMATIC leap from the first dose. And this effect keeps getting stronger as I keep taking it each day. I even feel like I'm still on the aniracetam adrenaline rush when I first wake up in the morning. I used to be groggy but now my energy levels are ridiculous and due to not feeling the stress effects of prolonged activity my endurance seems to last until I decide to go to bed, rather than having to at some point. I got insomnia at first due to having massively increased energy, but was able to counte rit within a couple days with ice cold showers, emwave training, bulletproof sleep induction mat and timing when i go to sleep for a certain number of hours after my last dose.

I'm just curious how I seem to have such a massive effect from aniracetam, and everyone else is talking about having to wait and it not being very noticeable.

Of course, some obvious things are that i was already taking other nootropics and so added it to a stack. Perhaps they took it alone and that made all the difference.

If anyone has any insights about this, I'd love to hear it.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.

Comments

• What is your Aniracetam dose?  Taking it all at once or throughout the day?

• What is your Aniracetam dose?  Taking it all at once or throughout the day?

Started out with 750mg twice a day. Ended up going to the same dose total per day, but spreading it into 3 doses now.

After experimenting with this more, I've unearthed at least two things worth nothing. Stacking it with CILTEP makes a noted synergistic increase (the combination greater than the sum of its parts). And part of my sudden onslaught from ani is that my general environment is highly stressful, so taking anxlyotic compounds yields disproportionate results for me ... compared to the average person. That being said, this still doesn't account completely for the huge difference in results. But, it does shed some light on it.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Pretty standard. With piracetam, some people have quite amazing eperiences. The other 99.9 % complain that it isin't as good. just be happy you are someone who gets good results.No-one has been able to predict why some people do well on some racetams, but as a bio-hacker it would be an excellent experiment if metrics could be collected,, some amount at least is due to the levels of neurotransmitters.

I tried it today with BPC after a time off it. Forgot how good it was, subtle but definitely uplifting and effective.Don't find it as effective when taken with CILPTEP. It is a fantastic substance, was just thinking today what a pity it is about the half-life. 

• Pretty standard. With piracetam, some people have quite amazing eperiences. The other 99.9 % complain that it isin't as good. just be happy you are someone who gets good results.No-one has been able to predict why some people do well on some racetams, but as a bio-hacker it would be an excellent experiment if metrics could be collected,, some amount at least is due to the levels of neurotransmitters.

I tried it today with BPC after a time off it. Forgot how good it was, subtle but definitely uplifting and effective.Don't find it as effective when taken with CILPTEP. It is a fantastic substance, was just thinking today what a pity it is about the half-life. 

Yeah, I've moved to splitting it into 3 doses for that reason (short half-life). I'm going to possibly try 4. So far, I definitely like it better with 3 doses. More of a sustained effect.

• So you take 750 mg 3 times per day and CILTEP once a day?

• So you take 750 mg 3 times per day and CILTEP once a day?

at first, 750mg x 2 (total of 1500)

Now: 500mg x 3 (total of 1500)

Also hit choline toxicity the other day so I doubled my dose until it subsides as per dave's suggestion. But that's only temporary until my choline drops.

• wow... right now i'm taking aniracetam 750mg x2 and piracetam at 1500mg x 2 a day... 

just upped those dosage last night so we will see how it goes the next 3 weeks. getting ready for an exam in nov.