My First Day On A Nootropic Stack

I'd like to begin this post by stating that I'm not even going to count the period I was taking Alpha Brain because frankly that shit is candy for children.

The Stack:

Aniracetam

Piracetam

Phenylpiracetam

Compared to life as I've known it to date - today was indeed "Limitless".  I've never done anything that created this state in my mind before, and this one day was worth the $113 (shipped) I spent on 2 bottles of each.  If I started this stuff when I entered college at age 18 (12 years ago), I believe I'd have been Mark Zuckerberg or something by this point.  

I have a 3rd-semester-Spanish exam tomorrow and I took today off to study for it.  I learned more in 6 hours, a duration in which I had zero mental fatigue at any point, than I have in the first 4 weeks of classroom time.  I've had terrible concentration for years due to various factors, such as chronic alcohol dependence, no motivation, and a shoebox full of prescription meds for bipolar.  After 45 minutes of studying (even if I drank BPC) I was finished and had to take a nap.  You just have to be in that boat to really know how much life sucks like that.

But I feel like a superhuman today.  I feel like the biggest problem in my life is whether or not I'll get any sleep tonight because I don't feel any sense of decline afoot.  Most importantly, I feel motivated.

I'll just mention the other stuff I take in case anybody cares.

Upgraded Whey

Upgraded Collagen

BPC (MCT, BO)

ProBLEN homeopathic HGH Plus IGF-1 & IGF-2  (Oral in the form of sublingual spray)

"                 "             Testosterone 

Creatine

DHEA

Vitamin D3, K2, C, Magnesium, Potassium, Melatonin, Krill Oil, B12, Selenium

Shroomtech Sport (occasionally before a kettlebell workout)

I'd rather not publicize my prescription cabinet on a Google-indexed message board, but I guess the overall point of making this thread has been to state that nootropics are very real, very effective, and worth the money if you can feel like I feel on Day 1.  I'm going to spend the rest of the evening trying to learn more.  I want to see how far I can ride this wave.

Any advice, commentary, or otherwise, I would love to hear it.  Thanks guys!

Comments

• I like aniracetam and have been using for over a year. There is a point where I feel my body gets saturated, say a few weeks into adding it to my supplements, and I occasionally experience a tension headache near the end of my workday. It took me a few months to narrow down it being the aniracetam due it mostly occurring on very high stress workdays. Now I skip e3d or eod and only take one capsule in the morning as opposed to twice daily and have eliminated this specific side effect. After I finish a bottle I take a break from aniracetam for a few weeks.

We have similar supplement list, however I have dropped most of the workout/test boosting supps (DHEA,creatine, igf hgh precursors) ,in addition I take Choline and Insitol(natures way). 

Aside from the stack, I would highly recommend guided self hypnosis. There are apps and audiobooks that essentially help you relax and clear out everything for 18-25 minutes, you come out of the trance and feel fantastic. My morning starts with me putting in headphones and doing hypnosis before I get up to make my coffee, it puts me in the right state of mind to tackle anything.

• edited September 2014

You may consider fine-tuning that stack for specifically what you want from it. I've found in my experiments that certain nootropics improve certain areas of brain function and retard others. So, it's beneficial to find ways to test all the basic areas of brain functioning and then watch them when doing different smart drugs.

This will allow you to fine-tune your dosages and ratios between various substances to get the best effect you want. Often you may not realize the slowed-down performance in certain areas due to your overall feeling of being "limitless," but it can be quite stark and measurable. For example, many people do DMAE and then realize weeks laters it was ruining their long-term memory and they didn't rembember any of the stuff they were so glad they could study now. (that doens't happen for everyone but i've heard it said by many people). It's worth testing.

The most glaring example of your stack is phenylpiracetam. Most people who take it find it effectively shuts down the "right brain," and ramps up the "left brain." You find it hard to imagine images in your mind for example; often even impossible. But for left brain things like computer programming it makes you feel like god himself.

So, for artists or other things phenylpiracetam could be unhelpful. Personally, I customize what I'm taking specifically for the tasks I'll be doing, because certain cocktails tune the brain in distinct ways. Can get the best results by shifting the brain into the right gear for the given task.

Also, of course, the stacking of things alters this too. I haven't combined those 3 so perhaps the other 2 balance out the usual thing mentioned about phenylpiracetam. Would have to experiment.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.

• I like aniracetam and have been using for over a year. There is a point where I feel my body gets saturated, say a few weeks into adding it to my supplements, and I occasionally experience a tension headache near the end of my workday. It took me a few months to narrow down it being the aniracetam due it mostly occurring on very high stress workdays. Now I skip e3d or eod and only take one capsule in the morning as opposed to twice daily and have eliminated this specific side effect. After I finish a bottle I take a break from aniracetam for a few weeks.

We have similar supplement list, however I have dropped most of the workout/test boosting supps (DHEA,creatine, igf hgh precursors) ,in addition I take Choline and Insitol(natures way). 

Aside from the stack, I would highly recommend guided self hypnosis. There are apps and audiobooks that essentially help you relax and clear out everything for 18-25 minutes, you come out of the trance and feel fantastic. My morning starts with me putting in headphones and doing hypnosis before I get up to make my coffee, it puts me in the right state of mind to tackle anything.

I actually do that, believe it or not.  I have Neuro-Programmer 3 and Holosync, NP3 has a lot of targeted sessions for specific goals and situations, and I find them to be of great benefit, so perhaps using these things all together (which I did yesterday) was somewhat of a "potentiator" of the nootropics.  Huge fan of brainwave entrainment.  At the end of the day I also did Lumosity for an hour and that's what burned me out finally.  Slept great and woke up just now still feeling like I did after dosing. 

Specifically about the hypnosis, that's what I had done before I discovered BWE, and I loved it.  I think there's a point where I have to spend less time slamming supplements and preparing myself mentally, and actually DO the things I'm doing all of this supplementation and preparation for.  I think I've found that point.

• You may consider fine-tuning that stack for specifically what you want from it. I've found in my experiments that certain nootropics improve certain areas of brain function and retard others. So, it's beneficial to find ways to test all the basic areas of brain functioning and then watch them when doing different smart drugs.

This will allow you to fine-tune your dosages and ratios between various substances to get the best effect you want. Often you may not realize the slowed-down performance in certain areas due to your overall feeling of being "limitless," but it can be quite stark and measurable. For example, many people do DMAE and then realize weeks laters it was ruining their long-term memory and they didn't rembember any of the stuff they were so glad they could study now. (that doens't happen for everyone but i've heard it said by many people). It's worth testing.

The most glaring example of your stack is phenylpiracetam. Most people who take it find it effectively shuts down the "right brain," and ramps up the "left brain." You find it hard to imagine images in your mind for example; often even impossible. But for left brain things like computer programming it makes you feel like god himself.

So, for artists or other things phenylpiracetam could be unhelpful. Personally, I customize what I'm taking specifically for the tasks I'll be doing, because certain cocktails tune the brain in distinct ways. Can get the best results by shifting the brain into the right gear for the given task.

Also, of course, the stacking of things alters this too. I haven't combined those 3 so perhaps the other 2 balance out the usual thing mentioned about phenylpiracetam. Would have to experiment.

Thanks for the response, Dante.  At this point, my specific "brain goals" are school related, there really isn't much creativity involved in my responsibilities in the 3 classes I'm taking.  However, after experiencing the feeling of the stack, the floodgates opened of new things I wanted to achieve above and beyond just schoolwork, because I felt like I could take on additional tasks for once.  So if and when I feel like school is "handled" and I've proven that to myself and my instructors, the goal is to start working on my creativity, as I was once successful in sales in my own business, and I need to stimulate that level of brain activity to come up with fresh ideas and innovations for myself to get back to where I once was, and beyond.

My next question for all of you, would be like What is really possible with this stuff?

• Let me say upfront that I know very little about nootropics.  I'm only using L-Theanine with the caffeine from coffee at the moment. Is it common to feel the effects you are experiencing after only the first day?

• Let me say upfront that I know very little about nootropics.  I'm only using L-Theanine with the caffeine from coffee at the moment. Is it common to feel the effects you are experiencing after only the first day?

J-rock I have no idea how common it is, there are several people here who would know, but for example, before this I was just drinking BPC or the plain coffee with the upgraded beans, along with all those supplements I listed.  And it was night and day from THAT.  Everything bulletproof I've ever done did not approach this feeling.  

I pre-ordered Unfair Advantage before I decided to buy these nootropics, hoping I didn't waste nootropic money on something less effective.  

By the by, I ordered them from smartdrugsforthought.com.

• J-rock I have no idea how common it is, there are several people here who would know, but for example, before this I was just drinking BPC or the plain coffee with the upgraded beans, along with all those supplements I listed.  And it was night and day from THAT.  Everything bulletproof I've ever done did not approach this feeling.  

I pre-ordered Unfair Advantage before I decided to buy these nootropics, hoping I didn't waste nootropic money on something less effective.  

By the by, I ordered them from smartdrugsforthought.com.

I was just hoping you weren't feeling some kind of placebo effect.  I wouldn't worry too much about Unfair Advantage. It sounds good. I'm just sitting on the sidelines until I hear some actual reviews on it rather than from only Dave because of the high price tag.

• I use a binaural wave app for sleep most nights and then have a few different hypnosis apps for motivation or positive thinking. The hypnosis apps have a person guiding you through and talking, most times a few minutes in it knocks me out and the next thing I know the person is telling me to open my eyes. The brain wave one just leaves me to my own devices and puts me to sleep. Currently using a Darren Marks app, but have also used Glenn Harrold ones and have come across a few audiobooks.

I use smartdrugsforthought for my aniracetam. Recently I tried adrafinil from them. Did not like the stack with aniracetam, much prefer stand alone during the time off period from aniracetam. It is more subtle and takes about a week before I notice the additional ability to task very well. For me the aniracetam helps me think clearly, where the adrafinil helps me task better which leads to less procrastination.

My stack also includes PEA, which I get from amazon. PEA gives me a few hours of clarity when I take it an hour or so after having my morning coffee.

• Thanks for the response, Dante.  At this point, my specific "brain goals" are school related, there really isn't much creativity involved in my responsibilities in the 3 classes I'm taking.  However, after experiencing the feeling of the stack, the floodgates opened of new things I wanted to achieve above and beyond just schoolwork, because I felt like I could take on additional tasks for once.  So if and when I feel like school is "handled" and I've proven that to myself and my instructors, the goal is to start working on my creativity, as I was once successful in sales in my own business, and I need to stimulate that level of brain activity to come up with fresh ideas and innovations for myself to get back to where I once was, and beyond.

My next question for all of you, would be like What is really possible with this stuff?

It's pretty incredible what's possible with it. What you mentioned there is what I would cite as the biggest thing. Once the subconscious anxiety drops, you suddenly are motivatred to do bigger things than you ever were before ... and have the balls and motivation to follow through. This stuff is truly life-changing if you take it far.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.

For the things he is taking, yes. That's a pretty tall stack though for a first day in my opinion. But you'll find that for things like aniracetam, phenylpiracetam, and stacking CILTEP with another PDE4 inhibitor (such as mesimbrone), the results come fast and extremely dramatic.

Also, some results build up over time only, though. For example, aniracetam doesn't improve memory until 2 weeks of chronic use. but it drops anxiety and gives you a rush of focus from the first dose.

• Quick question what dosage did you start out with on the Piracetam and Aniracetam? I'm in the same boat at you. I have to study for an exam I will be taking in Nov. So any kind of help with hacking the brain is awesome. Right now my dosage are Piracetam 1250mg twice a day , and Aniracetam 500mg twice a day. One morning, and afternoon or night time. 

Just wanted some feedback if my dosage are to hight or to low . I been on this for about 2 weeks now but haven't really notice a change. Guess I have to be patient. 

• Perception of a change is heavily influenced by your body awareness and awareness of your nervous system. So, if you've  never done any training in that area, you may not notice it as much. Also, some people just respond less to certain nootropics than others. Also, certain effects are more noticeable only based on conditions, such as aniracetam; the anxiety drop will be sudden and have massive consequences for anyone chronically in a high-stress environment, but for someone living a bit more of a zen thing, that change likely wouldn't register.

Some things to keep in mind. With so many parameters at play, you're better off having a look at something like http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/. I mentioned how to use this in that other thread of yours.

• Thanks Dante, I just made an account there, I'll give this a spin.

• How's your dosage going along?

• Thanks for asking, man.  It's going pretty well, I think.  I've started to leave out the Phenylpiracetam unless it's a big task like an exam or hard prep, only because I don't want to build a tolerance... but I do 750mg Aniracetam and 1.6g (I think) Piracetam in the morning and early to mid-afternoon, and it's doing well by me.  I'm breezing through reading, retaining more info (or so I think), and it was a worthwhile investment in myself. 

I'm also taking UA and aside from the crazy hunger it gives me I do notice a positive effect for my purposes.  I can't afford to take it every day at the moment but it definitely does SOMETHING.  My Lumosity scores have gotten way better and I'm going to give DanteRomero's suggestion of Cambridge Brain Sciences a shot when I've built up a good flow of noots in my system, because that's more complex and difficult than the Lumosity games I find.