No Fail Fat Burning For Women

Comments

• I thought I'd check in as I have not posted for a while.  I'm one of the slower losers and have felt like I have been doing something wrong when lots of people here are doing so well.   You are all doing so fabulously well but it's not happening for me in the same way.

So I have not been following the protocol whilst I was in the UK.  I have been on the road for 20 days and it was virtually impossible to stick to it.  I have done two new things though.  First I have given up coffee.  I really need to take care of my adrenals given my saliva results.  The withdrawal was bad.  Not the headaches, but the pains in my legs and lower back.  However I'm through that now.  Yesterday I bought an adrenal support formula and I felt the benefit after two doses from an energy point of view.

As for carbs, I have not been low carb as I did not feel I could do it with everything else going on.  However I have been consuming a small amount of safe starches daily.  I felt better for it.  I feel I need to heal my body before I dive right back into this again.

So I'm back in California now and going to give it another week still eating safe starches daily and they re-consider starting over.

Try making some pancakes with one green plantain / one egg / 1T coconut oil / 1T coconut milk or water with 1/4 tsp baking soda.  They are quite satisfying.  Try to consume the bulk of your carbs later in the day, although I found one 4 inch pancake kept me from hunger for most of the day! 

•  

First I have given up coffee.  I really need to take care of my adrenals given my saliva results.  The withdrawal was bad.  Not the headaches, but the pains in my legs and lower back.  

Hi Karen, good to see you again.  I'm with you on healing the adrenals girl - I think I'm almost there now.  I also remember the withdrawal from coffee and the pains down the legs and lower back.  I've mentioned this to a few people and got blank replies so I'm glad I'm not the only one!  

Here's to excellent health!  

• Season10Season10 Trying to survive

Leez

I am a bio-hacker and also watched my Mom die a brutal death involving Alzheimer's at 80 years of age.   Accept the soup and take what you can from it. You may never have that moment again. We still have time to detox.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

• I'm a few days into NFFBW/BPIF and I'm curious is it unusual to already be not hungry in the evenings? I had to set an alarm to remind myself to eat, but it feels like a chore already lol! I've heard that any hunger pangs subside after a time being but my system seemed to adjust about 2 and a half days in. Perhaps bc I do eat about 60-70% clean (although I've had to adjust that as I found out I've histamine issues with some of my most favorite foods!) that my system is somewhat easy to adjust? Curious if any other women have had the similar experiences

• Thanks Parker.  They sound amazing, but I have to confess that I think I have an egg allergy - every time I eat them my heart starts racing.  It might be because I had been mainlining them in the early days of the protocol.  I LOVE pancakes!

Ubermama, thanks for posting about your pains.  I thought it was just me, so in many ways comforting to know as you say that we are not alone!

• Hi Kasey, welcome!  Yes I am normally not hungry at night at all, and have to make sure I get my calorie intake.  However I am a big fan of eating very well at lunch time - it seems to suit me that way rather than waiting to each a big meal at night.  Ordered some BF collagen today so looking forward to taking that at night to help with sleep as not eating enough in the evenings can give me insomnia.

• Hi Kasey, I was already pretty close to BP before trying Skye's protocol, and I have found that my hunger is way down since starting. I look forward to the meals as a pause in my day but I'm not all that hungry. Also my cravings were pretty minimal before and now they're just gone.

Good luck to you! I'm just about a week ahead, had my first re-feed yesterday and so far everything's going well.

• Hello all! Glad to see you all seem well!

Karen G – I am SO sorry to hear you are disappointed with the results you have been getting. I know that I, and others, have said this already but I will urge you one last time to please do some thyroid research and save up for the test, because if THAT is your problem, you won’t feel 100 percent until you get that regulated. It can be pricey, but, if noting else, you will have peace of mind about your markers. It seems strange that you have not gotten better results with your strict adherence to the protocol. For your adrenals – PLEASE buy or ask your doctor about “seriphos” by InterPlexus. It has changed my life. Seriously.

Skye – would LOVE to hear your thoughts about the piracetam (for example, why you chose this one over the other “racetams”) and ciltep… ive been thinking about adding these two. Also, in one post you mention taking fish oil in the evening to aid recovery – is there any reason for timing it late in the day? I have been doing mine in the morning (I use Nordic Naturals, but im not sure I will be buying from them in future.) Loved you line about how "if nutrition is king, sleep is queen." I am altering my habits accordingly - thank you! also, could we use the Lift app for a support group? (I have never used this app and have no idea if this is possible.) Definitely going to try that tea!

Some days i refeed carbs through the whole window, but i really prefer to just have one massive dose of carbs at dinner - tonight, for example, dinner was one MASSIVE serving of sweet potato. no protein. no fat... is this okay?? I am doing bulletproof bone broth instead of coffee - and this is when i take my fish oil - which works well for me. 

my update: Muscle up. Fat down. Skin GLOWING. My boss asked me if I had gotten a peel. I have acne scars right now, so someone asking ME that question of all people REALLY means my skin is looking good. (If anyone has scar removal tips, I'm all ears :) ) Pain down. Energy up. Sleep quality up. Food cravings down. I'm a believer !! :)

a word about nausea - this used to be a HUGE problem for me, but as my body got cleaner and my detox died down, it totally sorted itself out. 

keep on keepin on everyone! its worth it

• to add to that last - specifically i am wondering if the fish oil will take me out of ketosis - for some reason i feel like i heard that in one of the bulletproof podcasts, but since it is a fat I am not clear on why it would have this effect. thanks!

• Today is my day 21!  Woohoo!  My skin has never looked so good and I have more energy than I've ever had.  I feel really good and love not being a slave to calorie counting anymore.  However, my weight is exactly the same as the day I started.  I haven't done body fat %, but my clothes are fitting exactly the same way.  My goal is to fit back into my clothes and nothing else has worked, so I was really hoping this diet would help.  I have followed the diet and workouts exactly as the book says.  I also had my thyroid and hormones tested.  Thyroid was on the lower end, but still in normal range.  Hormones were balanced, but since I had acne for the first time, I'm thinking they could have been off.  I'm continuing on the diet because since my skin looks good, I'm assuming this is making positive health changes to my body on the inside.  Really bummed that I'm still far from fitting in my clothes though.

• Today is my day 21!  Woohoo!  My skin has never looked so good and I have more energy than I've ever had.  I feel really good and love not being a slave to calorie counting anymore.  However, my weight is exactly the same as the day I started.  I haven't done body fat %, but my clothes are fitting exactly the same way.  My goal is to fit back into my clothes and nothing else has worked, so I was really hoping this diet would help.  I have followed the diet and workouts exactly as the book says.  I also had my thyroid and hormones tested.  Thyroid was on the lower end, but still in normal range.  Hormones were balanced, but since I had acne for the first time, I'm thinking they could have been off.  I'm continuing on the diet because since my skin looks good, I'm assuming this is making positive health changes to my body on the inside.  Really bummed that I'm still far from fitting in my clothes though.

This is what I've seen from watching people change diets and health habits: there's often a period of healing or adjustment (more energy and great skin is a fantastic sign) and then the weigh loss part kicks in at some point and I think it's hard to predict exactly when. Maybe Skye will chime in with something more useful or specific, but if you're feeling and looking better, you're definitely headed in the right direction (also if your weight is the same and you've been doing the high-intensity exercise then you are probably down some bf %...). 

• Thanks whiteelephant.  My cortisol is low rather than high.  However the Gaia adrenal support formula has made me feel like a different person.  I see seriphos is for high cortisol.  I have also significantly upped my greens which is also helping.  However I can report like everyone else - my skin looks great!

• I purchased the book on Sunday and read it, I'm on day 6 (losing every day - I know not supposed to weight myself-but I'm down 7 lbs!!)

In any case after day 4 I am no longer able to sleep.  I sleep about 2 to 3 hours and then wake up and I am not able to go back to sleep.  Last night I had to take some melatonin at about mid-night to get back to sleep.

I have been taking my Magnesium when I go to bed.  I only drink 1 BP coffee at about 5am, no other caffeine the rest of the day.

I'm 54 Years old about 30 lbs overweight. Started at 178 lbs - down to 170 lbs this morning.

2nd workout due today.

Should I just keep taking melatonin?  I know I could probably do a carb refeed (sweet potatoes) but I want to wait the full 10 days like the book says.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!!

• Season10Season10 Trying to survive

Sandy I have the same sleep problems. I've dropped 7lbs in 4 days. 5'7" 132 lbs. I take Mag at night tried the sleep mat and have done the collagen at night. No coffe after morning. ...good news is I'm not dragging during the day

I purchased the book on Sunday and read it, I'm on day 6 (losing every day - I know not supposed to weight myself-but I'm down 7 lbs!!)

In any case after day 4 I am no longer able to sleep.  I sleep about 2 to 3 hours and then wake up and I am not able to go back to sleep.  Last night I had to take some melatonin at about mid-night to get back to sleep.

I have been taking my Magnesium when I go to bed.  I only drink 1 BP coffee at about 5am, no other caffeine the rest of the day.

I'm 54 Years old about 30 lbs overweight. Started at 178 lbs - down to 170 lbs this morning.

2nd workout due today.

Should I just keep taking melatonin?  I know I could probably do a carb refeed (sweet potatoes) but I want to wait the full 10 days like the book says.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!!

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

• Sandy I have the same sleep problems. I've dropped 7lbs in 4 days. 5'7" 132 lbs. I take Mag at night tried the sleep mat and have done the collagen at night. No coffe after morning. ...good news is I'm not dragging during the day

hmmm - you're right I'm not dragging :-).  I am just freaked about it because my doctor keeps telling me that my weight issues are directly related to lack of sleep and everything I read about balancing my hormones says sleep is key.