No Fail Fat Burning For Women

1212223242527»

Comments

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod

Before: 129lb lean muscle

After: 115lb lean muscle

My overall bodyweight is basically the same. 277 -> 279. Weirdly I haven't noticed anything else different, like the way clothes fit. They fit the same now as 3 months ago. I was mostly thinking the bodpod reading would turn out the same because of that.

I get about 100g of protein a day. At the beginning of the year I'd been doing this high protein thing that averaged 150-200g. After 3 months of that, I weighed 10lb more and my pants got tighter. So that didn't seem like something to keep doing. When I stopped specifically adding protein to things, I ended up where I am now.

This is pretty common, that's how I knew what was going on without even knowing you or seeing your paperwork.  Lean mass is going to be your predictor of metabolism, metabolism plays a great part in tissue turnover and body fat.  I would say you biggest enemy right now is your diet hopping, without seeing something through you will just hop from failure to failure looking for the fast fix.  There is a price to pay for what got you to this point, it is going to be a long term plan that is seen through to it's entirety that will be your solution, your pants may have gotten tighter but you were heading in the right direction before, repeating periods of expanding metabolism and generating new lean tissue combined with short periods of deficit works (especially getting these tests to verify progress), but you have to throw you timetable out and think 2-3 years not 3 months.  But 100% nffbfw is not in your best interest.

My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,

• This is pretty common, that's how I knew what was going on without even knowing you or seeing your paperwork.  Lean mass is going to be your predictor of metabolism, metabolism plays a great part in tissue turnover and body fat.  I would say you biggest enemy right now is your diet hopping, without seeing something through you will just hop from failure to failure looking for the fast fix.  There is a price to pay for what got you to this point, it is going to be a long term plan that is seen through to it's entirety that will be your solution, your pants may have gotten tighter but you were heading in the right direction before, repeating periods of expanding metabolism and generating new lean tissue combined with short periods of deficit works (especially getting these tests to verify progress), but you have to throw you timetable out and think 2-3 years not 3 months.  But 100% nffbfw is not in your best interest.

I went by the measures I had available to me, and they suggested that I was going to end up a size 26 if I kept with the high protein SANE thing. Maybe that wouldn't have happened, I dunno. But I couldn't afford, in literal dollars, to replace everything I owned.

2-3 years is a long time to test if something is working. I'm not a complete idiot. I don't expect to be all better in a few months, I just expect to be able to tell if anything positive is happening. Otherwise that'd leave me doing something like nffbfw for an even longer period of time and doing even more harm before I stopped.

• Jason MillerJason Miller Mother nature isn't stupid mod
    I never suggested you are an idiot. Getting regular testing will let you know if you are doing the right thing moving forward.
    My Crossfit auto template programming here, body composition coaching through Eat to Perform here,

• I never suggested you are an idiot. Getting regular testing will let you know if you are doing the right thing moving forward.

I just meant, I didn't think I'd be 100lb lighter in a few months. Or that I was switching approaches because I wasn't losing as fast as I wanted, or something. I switched because I saw (best I could tell) zero to negative results.

Since it seems like you'd know, where is lifting weights on the Sedentary/Low Active/Active/Very Active scale? (The one that adjusts your basal metabolic rate.) And is the scale supposed to be daily or just, like, generally over a period time?

• Hi all,    Im new to BP  and new to dieting.   I bought the No fail book first by Skye.   Then decided to buy Bp diet book by Dave

Im about in the middle of reading Bp diet book  I don't see a major difference in the diets.

What is special about Skye's book?   was hoping I guess since the title "for women"

I did a low carb diet a few yrs ago Dukan diet….I lost weight slowly, only needed to lose 15 to 20 lbs.  but body comp didn't change much.   Still had belly and waist size went down only a little.  don't want to do that again.  

Im 5'3" 133 to 135 lbs.  

I have been using BP collagen which I think is helping with back pain.  But it seems to cause constipation which I already have

and its making it worse.   Idk ……anyone here have any insight to this?

Thank for any input

Joann

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

Hi all, Im new to BP and new to dieting. I bought the No fail book first by Skye. Then decided to buy Bp diet book by Dave

Im about in the middle of reading Bp diet book I don't see a major difference in the diets.

What is special about Skye's book? was hoping I guess since the title "for women"

Have you compared 'exercise' between the two books. I seem to recall that being a big(?) difference (just going off prev forum comments)

fake it till you make it

• Have you compared 'exercise' between the two books. I seem to recall that being a big(?) difference (just going off prev forum comments)

Oh ok   I haven't gotten to that part in Daves book

• Have you compared 'exercise' between the two books. I seem to recall that being a big(?) difference (just going off prev forum comments)

I finished Dave's book   he doesn't  say any exercise.  guess that is  the difference  and 10 days of no starch.

• Three weeks is because that is the average it normally takes us to develop new habits. Your refeed is on the evening of the tenth day. In the book I ask to give it a shot for at least  three weeks. Hopefully by then, if you stick to the protocol as written, you will have seen results and incorporated these changes as part of your regular routine. Obviously, all your results are not going to happen within three weeks but you will have seen changes. We did not become overweight and unhealthy in three weeks and we will not lose all our unhealthy bodyfat and inflammation within three weeks but it sure as hell will give us a huge head of steam to keep on going.

The only way out is through. If you have not reached your desired goals by the end of three weeks, keep going.

I'm thinking we should do some sort of challenge for the holidays. Keeping us all accountable and focused. What do you ladies think?

Hello Skye, i have your book but i haven't got where it has been written about the protocol you mentioned above. Which page, please?

By the way, Dave suggests to do the refeed carb on 6th and 13th day of BPd, on the other hand, reading a very interesting article he wrote about women and BPd - i am sure you saw it on bulletproof site - he suggests women to refeed more often.

So, again, please, i will appreciate your wise point of view. Thank you so much and a very bulletproof-ish merry christmas!
  • This result is consistent with under eating, you don't loose lean mass when exercising and fueling properly, this would also explain the lack of weight gain on your refeeds, when you eat extra and nothing happens or weight drops its a sign that calories are too low and the stress response is using fat as protection.

Hello Jason,

that line " it's a sign that calories are too low and the stress response is using fat as protection " is something i would like so much you to speak more about please.

thank you
  • As I remember it (I can't lay my hand on the book), Skye's protocol is 10 days of carb depletion, (below 30g of carbs a day), a re-feed on the 10th day and then re-feed every 4th day thereafter.   

• Hi, 23 years old girl from Norway here. I am quite new to this forum, but have been following people like Dave Asprey, Chris Kresser and those guys for years. Also I`ve read most of their books in addition to a lot of other great ones. Unfortunately, my lifestyle has been pretty crappy the last years. Mostly because I´m studying, and usually go out one or two times a week (ohh, that poor body)... 

After a trip to Poland last week, I got enough of this. Usually I stay away from wheat, but in Poland I stuffed myself with dumplings and pizza. I´ve been consuming wheat so often the last six months that my body doesn´t react at the same level that it used to do.. Not good.. 

Suddenly out of nowhere (or... I know where they come from) I think I´ve reached over 154 lbs, from 147 some few weeks ago.. (wanna to stop with the nonsense weighing of my self, therefore I haven't done it...)

For approximately five days I´ve been following the bulletproof intermitted fasting, but as I tend to get every problem a girl could potentially have, I would rather try this approach. And I would like to get your best tips!

My biggest problems are my monthly cycle and the slow digestion that comes as a result. That, and the exercise program will be my biggest challenges. And being focused since Im like the most impatience and unfocused person ever..

Tips tips tips tips! And someone here which just have started?

• I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to reply because I saw exactly what I needed for my body in this plan! I was, I thought, eating well, but in fact, the cheese and dairy and nuts were preventing me from losing. At least that is what I think.

So with 3 weeks to go to the beach vacation, I am using a mild Bulletproof coffee (I also think I am a bit leptin resistant so not going full out fat), very low carb for the 10 days, the refeed with HIIT exercise, then continue as the book states.

I have tried almost every other plan. I lost the initial 45 lbs through low carb and IF, but keep losing and regaining the same 5 lbs over the past 6 months! I was going to do Lyle McDonald's Stubborn Fat Protocol 2.0, but the exercise routine had a lot of steady state in it, and it was geared towards men already in training, and I am a 54 year old woman! Totally opposite! I think this is the plan for me. Total all out fasting, I lose the weight easily but then end up bingeing it all back on.

• Wow, crazy long but very interesting post here! I think it will take me a week to get through it. In addition to IF and bulletproof, I have started trying to drink a little more water during the day. Basically never drank except for coffee in the morning and some sips from the drinking fountain. After I have my BP Coffee (2 servings) I switch to water with lemon, sometimes adding ACV and/or mint.

My question is, is the sugar in the lemon going to derail the IF? I don't eat anything until lunch, just that BP Coffee and then lemonly water. I don't add honey to it, but it is a fruit. Just occured to me that I might be wrecking my IF with it.

Thanks
    Christine

• @C-Cup said:
    Wow, crazy long but very interesting post here! I think it will take me a week to get through it. In addition to IF and bulletproof, I have started trying to drink a little more water during the day. Basically never drank except for coffee in the morning and some sips from the drinking fountain. After I have my BP Coffee (2 servings) I switch to water with lemon, sometimes adding ACV and/or mint.

My question is, is the sugar in the lemon going to derail the IF? I don't eat anything until lunch, just that BP Coffee and then lemonly water. I don't add honey to it, but it is a fruit. Just occured to me that I might be wrecking my IF with it.

Thanks
    Christine

Like a half a lemons worth? I shouldn't think so...

• cc82cc82
    edited May 9

Hi Skye, love your book! Quick question on the low carb days I often feel shaky and weird feeling kinda like low blood sugar feeling . How can I fix this and still stay in ketosis?
    When I eat some fruit or crabs this gets better but obviously I don't want to do that since I want to stay in ketosis.

Thank you!

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 9

@cc82 , @Skye St. John last posted on this forum in April 2015,
    so you would have better luck trying to contact her via her website/social media

fake it till you make it

• Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum and just 2 weeks into drinking BPC and doing the diet. I'm feeling great; lots of energy, not hungry, not craving starches or sugar for the first time ever! However, I'm not losing weight or inches.

I eat a lactovegetarian diet, am post-menopausal, 61 years young, doc says "you're ridiculously healthy" :)

Granted, I'm interested in losing about 10lbs only, but really! Not a pound, and certainly no inches lost. My jeans are not yet loose.
    I'm recovering from an injury and just back at the gym today; Zumba/cardio class, 1 hr stretching, free weights. 3-5x per week.
    I'm a long time meditator; stress level is low, sleep is 6-8 hours daily

Daily intake is basically this:
    8am green tea, 1tsp honey, half a lemon, fresh ginger, pink salt
    9am BP coffee w High Octaine, grass fed butter, laced w chocolate, cacao, turmeric, pepper, cayenne, cardamom, ginger, 2-drops of stevia, 1 tsp maple syrup
    1pm 2 Eggs, cheese cooked in coconut oil or butter, green veggies, tea w lemon, 1 tsp honey, high-quality vitamins, and herbs
    4pm Nuts/seeds/cheese/cucumber
    6pm Smoothie : hemp powder, chlorella, spirulina, 4oz homemade organic yogurt, 4 TBS chia, in veggie water w 4 oz apple cider, ACV, pink salt
    9pm herbal tea, plain

Thanks for reading. :)
    If anyone has suggestions and tweaks, please share!

Great health to All!

• @mamaserve said:
    Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum and just 2 weeks into drinking BPC and doing the diet. I'm feeling great; lots of energy, not hungry, not craving starches or sugar for the first time ever! However, I'm not losing weight or inches.

I eat a lactovegetarian diet, am post-menopausal, 61 years young, doc says "you're ridiculously healthy" :)

Granted, I'm interested in losing about 10lbs only, but really! Not a pound, and certainly no inches lost. My jeans are not yet loose.
    I'm recovering from an injury and just back at the gym today; Zumba/cardio class, 1 hr stretching, free weights. 3-5x per week.
    I'm a long time meditator; stress level is low, sleep is 6-8 hours daily

Daily intake is basically this:
    8am green tea, 1tsp honey, half a lemon, fresh ginger, pink salt
    9am BP coffee w High Octaine, grass fed butter, laced w chocolate, cacao, turmeric, pepper, cayenne, cardamom, ginger, 2-drops of stevia, 1 tsp maple syrup
    1pm 2 Eggs, cheese cooked in coconut oil or butter, green veggies, tea w lemon, 1 tsp honey, high-quality vitamins, and herbs
    4pm Nuts/seeds/cheese/cucumber OR avocado milk shake w tsp maple syrup

6pm Smoothie : hemp powder, chlorella, spirulina, 4oz homemade organic yogurt, 4 TBS chia, in veggie water w 4 oz apple cider, ACV, pink salt
    9pm herbal tea, plain

Thanks for reading. :)
    If anyone has suggestions and tweaks, please share!

Great health to All!

• Hi
    Is it just us women with problems losing belly fat and harder time with composition? My husband just recently lost ten lbs and he already has a smaller gut!

I could lose maybe 5 lbs but really my bod looks fine except for belly/waist is it impossible after menopause?
    I was always slim before meno
    I'm older but so is my husband so.....
    any insight in this

Joann