No Fail Fat Burning For Women

Comments

• Tried bullet proof coffee/intermittent fasting for 2 weeks and weight went from 121.5 to 113.5... I was ecstatic since I have been on a low carb ketogenic diet for over 5 months and hadn't lost anything.....just saw a difference in body fat. My body fat went from 21% to 17%. So I had high hopes my body fat would have gotten better, but no it went up!!!!! I actually gained 1.5lbs and lost over 4lbs of muscle....bringing my body fat up to 19%...(I was in ketosis the entire 2weeks...)

I am currently in a contest at my gym. We are trying to gain muscle and lose fat. I feel like a failure and need advice?! I already ordered the bullet proof book and do feel like David Alspray is a genius...I want to know what to do now. Any thoughts advice?

I do workout 6-7 days a week, I do vary my routine....I am a teacher wake up at 5 hit the gym by 5:30 am or 6am...I have not been eating after I workout... I have been just having my bullet proof coffee and waiting until 1pm to eat and then stopping at 6pm to 7...

I have until December 7th to win this thing...I was hoping to promote the book at my gym! Can you help me?

• I'm on Day 13.  The carb refeed sweet potato was delicious.  I'm down about 10 pounds, but I think only 3 of those could actually be fat.  I lost 7 quickly and I think that was the water/glycogen stores because it happened in the first few days.  Clothes fitting differently, rings too.  

I got some bulletproof things: mct oil, collegen and anti-aging formula.  I think the anti-aging helps with energy quite a bit.  I'm been doing charcoal most mornings around 11 and have been taking a super b complex at lunch or dinner.  I generally feel really good.  Some days I have a ton of energy, and other days I get a little weary.  I've done the pink salt in water a few times but I nearly gag, so I don't know about that long term.  

I'm feeling rather blah about food. I'm eating, but not overjoyed about what I'm making.  If anyone has a meat dish that really blows their skirt up, please let me know.  I looked on nomnom paleo website and a lot of the recipes seemed to contain things that aren't on our list.  I've been to two cocktail parties with no drinks and go to another tonight.  That's a struggle because I hate cocktail parties to begin with and to not have a drink there is a drag. But on the flip side, the only time I've ever gone this long without alcohol was when I had swine flu and pneumonia!  So it is nice to prove to myself that I can do it.  

Hope everyone else is doing well with their programs!

Mary

Great work, Mary! You can take a lot of those nom nom paleo recipes and change them up a bit. Do you eat fish? I just made monkfish (the poor man's lobster) the other night and it was incredible... almost sinful how good it was. Really does taste like rich, buttery lobster AND it's sustainable. I made it with roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta and cauliflower mashed "potatoes." Here's the recipe:

Pan-Roasted Monkfish with Pancetta Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

• Cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe here.
    • 1.5oz diced pancetta
    • 12oz brussel sprouts
    • 2 filets monkfish
    • pink salt
    • black pepper
    • 1tbs grassfed butter
    • 1 tsp coconut oil or ghee

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Add pancetta to a medium pan and turn to med heat. Cook til slightly brown but not yet crispy 3-5 minutes.

Quarter brussel sprouts

Rinse monkfish and pat dry with paper towel.

On a baking sheet toss brussel sprouts with pancetta, salt, pepper, and rendered fat from the pan. Roast for about 20mins til sprouts are soft.

Season the monkfish on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the butter and coconut oil or ghee in the pan from the pancetta over med heat. When the butter is foamy, add the monkfish and cook until browned on outside and opaque, about 4 mins/side.

Enjoy! Let me know whatcha think.

SSJ

No Fail Fat Burning for Women available on Amazon now!

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.

• edited November 2014

Tried bullet proof coffee/intermittent fasting for 2 weeks and weight went from 121.5 to 113.5... I was ecstatic since I have been on a low carb ketogenic diet for over 5 months and hadn't lost anything.....just saw a difference in body fat. My body fat went from 21% to 17%. So I had high hopes my body fat would have gotten better, but no it went up!!!!! I actually gained 1.5lbs and lost over 4lbs of muscle....bringing my body fat up to 19%...(I was in ketosis the entire 2weeks...)

I am currently in a contest at my gym. We are trying to gain muscle and lose fat. I feel like a failure and need advice?! I already ordered the bullet proof book and do feel like David Alspray is a genius...I want to know what to do now. Any thoughts advice?

I do workout 6-7 days a week, I do vary my routine....I am a teacher wake up at 5 hit the gym by 5:30 am or 6am...I have not been eating after I workout... I have been just having my bullet proof coffee and waiting until 1pm to eat and then stopping at 6pm to 7...

I have until December 7th to win this thing...I was hoping to promote the book at my gym! Can you help me?

Hey there, I responded to your same post here. How are you measuring your bodyfat? If there is a goal bodyfat % you want to reach, figure out your lean body mass (skin, organs, muscle, blood, bones) this way:

your body weight - (body weight x body fat %) = your lean body mass

Then, take your lean body mass number and your goal body fat % number and do this:

lean body mass/(1- goal bodyfat %) = body weight to achieve body fat goal.

I think you know I could really give a crap about scale numbers or BMI. But, this is a way to kinda know where you need to be to achieve your HEALTHY body fat goals. For example, if Jane Doe weighed 165lbs and had 40% body fat, her lean body mass would be:

165 - (165 x .40) = 99  This means Jane Doe's lean body mass is 99lbs and she's carrying 66 lbs of fat. Remember, we need a certain amount of fat. If she lost all 66lbs of that fat, our poor Jane Doe would no longer be with us.

If Jane would like to reduce her body fat from 40% to 20%, then she does this:

99/(1 - .20) = 123.75lbs. So, for Jane to reach her goal of 20% body fat, her ideal scale weight will be about 124 lbs. Jane will need to lose 41lbs of FAT. A lot of people who do these insane, unhealthy, unsustainable and hormone whacking starvation diets sacrifice lean body mass along with losing fat. That is very unhealthy and one of the reasons people tend to gain back all their weight and then some. Women especially need muscle to maintain healthy body fat percentages. So, again, this formula is just for finding out how many pounds of excess body fat (not total body mass) that needs to drop.

Based on American Council on Exercise (take it for what it's worth)

Women roughly need 10-13% essential fat. Athletes 14-20%. Fitness 21-24%. Average 25-31%. Obese 32%+

Make sense? Good luck with your contest.

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.

• I just got my Omron bf sensor and hadn't realized that it would need me to input my weight! I don't have a scale, haven't weighed myself in ages. I don't even have easy access to a scale (also, more importantly, ditching mine was a lovely act of self care a while ago and I'm not really interested in going back). Tracking inches and bf I'm fine with  - but I'm not sure how relevant it is for the Omron for me to input an accurate weight.

I guessed my weight, and it gave me a 25% reading, which seems about right to me. But if I'm going to use this as a relatively reliable tracker it seems silly to keep guessing my weight.

Does anyone know enough about how these work to know if the weight component is a big part of the way it calculates bf? I experimented with a higher weight and got a higher bf, so it must figure in there somewhere....

• I just got my Omron bf sensor and hadn't realized that it would need me to input my weight! I don't have a scale, haven't weighed myself in ages. I don't even have easy access to a scale (also, more importantly, ditching mine was a lovely act of self care a while ago and I'm not really interested in going back). Tracking inches and bf I'm fine with  - but I'm not sure how relevant it is for the Omron for me to input an accurate weight.

I guessed my weight, and it gave me a 25% reading, which seems about right to me. But if I'm going to use this as a relatively reliable tracker it seems silly to keep guessing my weight.

Does anyone know enough about how these work to know if the weight component is a big part of the way it calculates bf? I experimented with a higher weight and got a higher bf, so it must figure in there somewhere....

No idea about the mechanics of this!  I do caliper measurement for bf calculation.  I'd be worried about never knowing your weight if the instrument requires weight.

Mary

• edited November 2014

Hey all :) Travelling again and borrowing a computer to read through some of the recent posts & post a quick "hey". It's great to see that we have some new people on the thread! We're all stronger together!

I'm still working on hacking my health and am noticing even more benefits to following this plan. One example - over the past 8+ years I have been increasingly 'stiff' in my hips and knees, especially when I drive for long periods of time, I've had to stop every hour or two just to 'stretch my legs' a little so that I wasn't super-stiff and uncomfortable when I arrived. Not only was this uncomfortable but it could also slow me down quite a bit, I also arrived more tired than I needed to be. It was one of those things that I thought 'just happens' as one gets older...and I typically had many fewer aches and pains complaints than most women my age so I actually felt lucky to have comparatively few issues with joint stiffness/aches. Well this last trip I had almost no stiffness or achiness (sp?) even though I stopped only a couple of times and made a trip that has been taking me 10 hours (because of all the stopping) in 8 hours...and I felt more energetic and just overall better after the drive than I have in years! Not that I'm advocating making marathon drives without stopping (we stopped 2x for gas and 1x for lunch - my daughter was with me but didn't feel well so she didn't drive at all). So I almost feel like I am getting younger in a way, and it feels amazing!

• Hi ladies! I have been lurking here for 2 weeks now; I bought and read the book and was already familiar with BP diet (I have been Paleo for 3 years but have gained weight, although my arthritis is much better). I am really frustrated- I have followed the plan to the letter, including the workout part, but have only lost 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks. My measurements are nearly the same and body fat has not changed.

I know this is pretty vague, but I'm doing all the same stuff the people on here who are losing 10# the first week are doing! I have spent my life yoyo dieting and starving myself to be thin, but at 51 yrs old that doesn't work anymore. I want to be strong and at a healthy body fat (no muffin top!). Any suggestions?

• Hi ladies! I have been lurking here for 2 weeks now; I bought and read the book and was already familiar with BP diet (I have been Paleo for 3 years but have gained weight, although my arthritis is much better). I am really frustrated- I have followed the plan to the letter, including the workout part, but have only lost 2.5 lbs in 2 weeks. My measurements are nearly the same and body fat has not changed.

I know this is pretty vague, but I'm doing all the same stuff the people on here who are losing 10# the first week are doing! I have spent my life yoyo dieting and starving myself to be thin, but at 51 yrs old that doesn't work anymore. I want to be strong and at a healthy body fat (no muffin top!). Any suggestions?

Hey Angitrap-

Welcome! I don't think you're alone here with yo-yo starvation dieting. What it does to our bodies (depending on the severity and extremes of self-induced metabolic derangement) is going to determine the rate at which we heal. Of course other factors play into this. Age, bodyfat, other health issues.

If you could give us some specifics, we could probably help you out a bit more. What's your bodyfat now and what is your goal bodyfat? Any other health issues? What do your carb refeeds look like? What are you consuming on non-refeed days?

• Hey all :) Travelling again and borrowing a computer to read through some of the recent posts & post a quick "hey". It's great to see that we have some new people on the thread! We're all stronger together!

I'm still working on hacking my health and am noticing even more benefits to following this plan. One example - over the past 8+ years I have been increasingly 'stiff' in my hips and knees, especially when I drive for long periods of time, I've had to stop every hour or two just to 'stretch my legs' a little so that I wasn't super-stiff and uncomfortable when I arrived. Not only was this uncomfortable but it could also slow me down quite a bit, I also arrived more tired than I needed to be. It was one of those things that I thought 'just happens' as one gets older...and I typically had many fewer aches and pains complaints than most women my age so I actually felt lucky to have comparatively few issues with joint stiffness/aches. Well this last trip I had almost no stiffness or achiness (sp?) even though I stopped only a couple of times and made a trip that has been taking me 10 hours (because of all the stopping) in 8 hours...and I felt more energetic and just overall better after the drive than I have in years! Not that I'm advocating making marathon drives without stopping (we stopped 2x for gas and 1x for lunch - my daughter was with me but didn't feel well so she didn't drive at all). So I almost feel like I am getting younger in a way, and it feels amazing!

Awesome, Sans! So happy for you. Thanks for keeping us posted. Safe travels.

• edited November 2014

I just got my Omron bf sensor and hadn't realized that it would need me to input my weight! I don't have a scale, haven't weighed myself in ages. I don't even have easy access to a scale (also, more importantly, ditching mine was a lovely act of self care a while ago and I'm not really interested in going back). Tracking inches and bf I'm fine with  - but I'm not sure how relevant it is for the Omron for me to input an accurate weight.

Get a DEXA or water displacement body fat test if you prefer not to look at a scale at all (and there's nothing wrong with that). Yes, it will be of no use to you guess your weight with a bioimpedance device that requires your total body weight to give you a little more accurate reading.

• Thank you Skye!! I will try that and add the collagen at night maybe? Btw- pretty sure my abs and thighs hate you and that Tabata thing right now.  :shock:  jk never thought 8 min would hurt that bad. I couldn't do all the pushups, so I planked some as well. but I did it. OY! Not sure were I can get the bf % where I live, not sure we even have a gym in this town. Can I use body measurements to get a general idea? ie- calf, waist, hips etc? Thank you too, for your insight here and in your book. I've def been feeling less stressed and more energized with this wol ! Even with the lack of sleep - I have a 1yo that won't sleep in his own bed for nuthin'.  

ETA- I too have pcos, so controlling that will be awesome! 

Hey Mamalucas-

That's great to hear. Tabatas are crazy, huh? I did a weighted pull up/air squat quadruple tabata yesterday... kicked my caboose! Planking is a great substitute for the pushups, as well as doing pushups from your knees. Or, you can challenge your planking by doing side planks. I'm not familiar with just doing tape measurements to determine bodyfat. Ultimately, let the mirror be your guide and do your measurements (even though they're not going to give you a bodyfat %, you will see body composition changing).

As far as sleep: I can imagine having a tiny hiny in the house isn't going to allow you for a lot of sleep but it's still possible to get quality sleep in smaller periods of time. Try the night time collagen protein drink. Take your magnesium, potassium and some fish oil (or whatever your omega 3 supplement is) at night, too. Look at what I wrote in the book about red LED lights to help with lulling your body into sleep. This works well for helping kids get to sleep, too. Have them more around red light and less around blue light/light from electronics when it gets close to bed time (if you can).

Keep on rocking. You're doing great.

• Get a DEXA or water displacement body fat test if you prefer not to look at a scale at all (and there's nothing wrong with that). Yes, it will be of no use to you guess your weight with a bioimpedance device that requires your total body weight to give you a little more accurate reading.

Thanks, Skye!

Anyone want an Omron? just PM me

• Karen GKaren G
    edited November 2014

I thought I'd check in as I have not posted for a while.  I'm one of the slower losers and have felt like I have been doing something wrong when lots of people here are doing so well.   You are all doing so fabulously well but it's not happening for me in the same way.

So I have not been following the protocol whilst I was in the UK.  I have been on the road for 20 days and it was virtually impossible to stick to it.  I have done two new things though.  First I have given up coffee.  I really need to take care of my adrenals given my saliva results.  The withdrawal was bad.  Not the headaches, but the pains in my legs and lower back.  However I'm through that now.  Yesterday I bought an adrenal support formula and I felt the benefit after two doses from an energy point of view.

As for carbs, I have not been low carb as I did not feel I could do it with everything else going on.  However I have been consuming a small amount of safe starches daily.  I felt better for it.  I feel I need to heal my body before I dive right back into this again.

So I'm back in California now and going to give it another week still eating safe starches daily and they re-consider starting over.

• I thought I'd check in as I have not posted for a while. ......

So I'm back in California now and going to give it another week still eating safe starches daily and they re-consider starting over.

Hey Karen,

This all sounds very sensible! I hope you continue to have more energy, and thanks for the update (I read the whole thread before starting to post, and I was following your path a bit, then wondering how you were doing!)

• I finished the 21 days last Friday (11/14) and then proceeded to fully embrace my son's respiratory infection. So not a lot of working out going on (although the coughing does feel like an ab exercise). Sticking to the diet for the most part, I'm guessing that's why I'm not all clogged up. Yesterday I had some chicken noodle soup out of a can, prepared by my 94 year old mother (who has dementia), and I really didn't want to eat it. But then I considered this may be the most normal thing she's done in 6 months, and it could even be the last time my mother attempts to take care of me. So I had the soup. One has to make allowances for this sort of thing. I'm hoping to be fully recovered by the weekend. Glad to read all the new posts and hear about everyone's journey. Not planning a refeed until next Thursday, and it will probably be a doozy!

• I thought I'd check in as I have not posted for a while.  I'm one of the slower losers and have felt like I have been doing something wrong when lots of people here are doing so well.   You are all doing so fabulously well but it's not happening for me in the same way.

So I have not been following the protocol whilst I was in the UK.  I have been on the road for 20 days and it was virtually impossible to stick to it.  I have done two new things though.  First I have given up coffee.  I really need to take care of my adrenals given my saliva results.  The withdrawal was bad.  Not the headaches, but the pains in my legs and lower back.  However I'm through that now.  Yesterday I bought an adrenal support formula and I felt the benefit after two doses from an energy point of view.

As for carbs, I have not been low carb as I did not feel I could do it with everything else going on.  However I have been consuming a small amount of safe starches daily.  I felt better for it.  I feel I need to heal my body before I dive right back into this again.

Try making some pancakes with one green plantain / one egg / 1T coconut oil / 1T coconut milk or water with 1/4 tsp baking soda.  They are quite satisfying.  Try to consume the bulk of your carbs later in the day, although I found one 4 inch pancake kept me from hunger for most of the day! 

•  

First I have given up coffee.  I really need to take care of my adrenals given my saliva results.  The withdrawal was bad.  Not the headaches, but the pains in my legs and lower back.  

Hi Karen, good to see you again.  I'm with you on healing the adrenals girl - I think I'm almost there now.  I also remember the withdrawal from coffee and the pains down the legs and lower back.  I've mentioned this to a few people and got blank replies so I'm glad I'm not the only one!  

Here's to excellent health!  

• Season10Season10 Trying to survive

Leez

I am a bio-hacker and also watched my Mom die a brutal death involving Alzheimer's at 80 years of age.   Accept the soup and take what you can from it. You may never have that moment again. We still have time to detox.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

• I'm a few days into NFFBW/BPIF and I'm curious is it unusual to already be not hungry in the evenings? I had to set an alarm to remind myself to eat, but it feels like a chore already lol! I've heard that any hunger pangs subside after a time being but my system seemed to adjust about 2 and a half days in. Perhaps bc I do eat about 60-70% clean (although I've had to adjust that as I found out I've histamine issues with some of my most favorite foods!) that my system is somewhat easy to adjust? Curious if any other women have had the similar experiences

• Thanks Parker.  They sound amazing, but I have to confess that I think I have an egg allergy - every time I eat them my heart starts racing.  It might be because I had been mainlining them in the early days of the protocol.  I LOVE pancakes!

Ubermama, thanks for posting about your pains.  I thought it was just me, so in many ways comforting to know as you say that we are not alone!

• Hi Kasey, welcome!  Yes I am normally not hungry at night at all, and have to make sure I get my calorie intake.  However I am a big fan of eating very well at lunch time - it seems to suit me that way rather than waiting to each a big meal at night.  Ordered some BF collagen today so looking forward to taking that at night to help with sleep as not eating enough in the evenings can give me insomnia.

• Hi Kasey, I was already pretty close to BP before trying Skye's protocol, and I have found that my hunger is way down since starting. I look forward to the meals as a pause in my day but I'm not all that hungry. Also my cravings were pretty minimal before and now they're just gone.

Good luck to you! I'm just about a week ahead, had my first re-feed yesterday and so far everything's going well.

• Hello all! Glad to see you all seem well!

Karen G – I am SO sorry to hear you are disappointed with the results you have been getting. I know that I, and others, have said this already but I will urge you one last time to please do some thyroid research and save up for the test, because if THAT is your problem, you won’t feel 100 percent until you get that regulated. It can be pricey, but, if noting else, you will have peace of mind about your markers. It seems strange that you have not gotten better results with your strict adherence to the protocol. For your adrenals – PLEASE buy or ask your doctor about “seriphos” by InterPlexus. It has changed my life. Seriously.

Skye – would LOVE to hear your thoughts about the piracetam (for example, why you chose this one over the other “racetams”) and ciltep… ive been thinking about adding these two. Also, in one post you mention taking fish oil in the evening to aid recovery – is there any reason for timing it late in the day? I have been doing mine in the morning (I use Nordic Naturals, but im not sure I will be buying from them in future.) Loved you line about how "if nutrition is king, sleep is queen." I am altering my habits accordingly - thank you! also, could we use the Lift app for a support group? (I have never used this app and have no idea if this is possible.) Definitely going to try that tea!

Some days i refeed carbs through the whole window, but i really prefer to just have one massive dose of carbs at dinner - tonight, for example, dinner was one MASSIVE serving of sweet potato. no protein. no fat... is this okay?? I am doing bulletproof bone broth instead of coffee - and this is when i take my fish oil - which works well for me. 

my update: Muscle up. Fat down. Skin GLOWING. My boss asked me if I had gotten a peel. I have acne scars right now, so someone asking ME that question of all people REALLY means my skin is looking good. (If anyone has scar removal tips, I'm all ears :) ) Pain down. Energy up. Sleep quality up. Food cravings down. I'm a believer !! :)

a word about nausea - this used to be a HUGE problem for me, but as my body got cleaner and my detox died down, it totally sorted itself out. 

keep on keepin on everyone! its worth it

• to add to that last - specifically i am wondering if the fish oil will take me out of ketosis - for some reason i feel like i heard that in one of the bulletproof podcasts, but since it is a fat I am not clear on why it would have this effect. thanks!

• Today is my day 21!  Woohoo!  My skin has never looked so good and I have more energy than I've ever had.  I feel really good and love not being a slave to calorie counting anymore.  However, my weight is exactly the same as the day I started.  I haven't done body fat %, but my clothes are fitting exactly the same way.  My goal is to fit back into my clothes and nothing else has worked, so I was really hoping this diet would help.  I have followed the diet and workouts exactly as the book says.  I also had my thyroid and hormones tested.  Thyroid was on the lower end, but still in normal range.  Hormones were balanced, but since I had acne for the first time, I'm thinking they could have been off.  I'm continuing on the diet because since my skin looks good, I'm assuming this is making positive health changes to my body on the inside.  Really bummed that I'm still far from fitting in my clothes though.

• Today is my day 21!  Woohoo!  My skin has never looked so good and I have more energy than I've ever had.  I feel really good and love not being a slave to calorie counting anymore.  However, my weight is exactly the same as the day I started.  I haven't done body fat %, but my clothes are fitting exactly the same way.  My goal is to fit back into my clothes and nothing else has worked, so I was really hoping this diet would help.  I have followed the diet and workouts exactly as the book says.  I also had my thyroid and hormones tested.  Thyroid was on the lower end, but still in normal range.  Hormones were balanced, but since I had acne for the first time, I'm thinking they could have been off.  I'm continuing on the diet because since my skin looks good, I'm assuming this is making positive health changes to my body on the inside.  Really bummed that I'm still far from fitting in my clothes though.

This is what I've seen from watching people change diets and health habits: there's often a period of healing or adjustment (more energy and great skin is a fantastic sign) and then the weigh loss part kicks in at some point and I think it's hard to predict exactly when. Maybe Skye will chime in with something more useful or specific, but if you're feeling and looking better, you're definitely headed in the right direction (also if your weight is the same and you've been doing the high-intensity exercise then you are probably down some bf %...). 

• Thanks whiteelephant.  My cortisol is low rather than high.  However the Gaia adrenal support formula has made me feel like a different person.  I see seriphos is for high cortisol.  I have also significantly upped my greens which is also helping.  However I can report like everyone else - my skin looks great!

• I purchased the book on Sunday and read it, I'm on day 6 (losing every day - I know not supposed to weight myself-but I'm down 7 lbs!!)

In any case after day 4 I am no longer able to sleep.  I sleep about 2 to 3 hours and then wake up and I am not able to go back to sleep.  Last night I had to take some melatonin at about mid-night to get back to sleep.

I have been taking my Magnesium when I go to bed.  I only drink 1 BP coffee at about 5am, no other caffeine the rest of the day.

I'm 54 Years old about 30 lbs overweight. Started at 178 lbs - down to 170 lbs this morning.

2nd workout due today.

Should I just keep taking melatonin?  I know I could probably do a carb refeed (sweet potatoes) but I want to wait the full 10 days like the book says.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!!

• Season10Season10 Trying to survive

Sandy I have the same sleep problems. I've dropped 7lbs in 4 days. 5'7" 132 lbs. I take Mag at night tried the sleep mat and have done the collagen at night. No coffe after morning. ...good news is I'm not dragging during the day

I purchased the book on Sunday and read it, I'm on day 6 (losing every day - I know not supposed to weight myself-but I'm down 7 lbs!!)

In any case after day 4 I am no longer able to sleep.  I sleep about 2 to 3 hours and then wake up and I am not able to go back to sleep.  Last night I had to take some melatonin at about mid-night to get back to sleep.

I have been taking my Magnesium when I go to bed.  I only drink 1 BP coffee at about 5am, no other caffeine the rest of the day.

I'm 54 Years old about 30 lbs overweight. Started at 178 lbs - down to 170 lbs this morning.

2nd workout due today.

Should I just keep taking melatonin?  I know I could probably do a carb refeed (sweet potatoes) but I want to wait the full 10 days like the book says.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!!

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

• Sandy I have the same sleep problems. I've dropped 7lbs in 4 days. 5'7" 132 lbs. I take Mag at night tried the sleep mat and have done the collagen at night. No coffe after morning. ...good news is I'm not dragging during the day

hmmm - you're right I'm not dragging :-).  I am just freaked about it because my doctor keeps telling me that my weight issues are directly related to lack of sleep and everything I read about balancing my hormones says sleep is key.