Grass-Fed Butter In Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)

Took me a while to find, but Fiddleheads carries grass fed unsalted butter, it's around $6 per bar (not sure the weighting in lbs).

Specifically the one on Bruce Street.

Thought I'd share this with those of you in the Waterloo area who are looking!

Make every day count - anexcitingday.com

Comments

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

Right on. I was just in Kitchener-Waterloo for KOI fest, wish I had seen this sooner.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• edited June 2015

You can look for the following brands that use grassfed meat and dairy at your local grocery store(In Canada Only): Life Choices Foods, Rolling Meadow Dairy, Yamba Yogurt, Grandview Farms.

I was able to buy grass fed Rolling Meadows butter in the BC interior at a health food store though they only had the salted butter : 1/2 lb. for $5.49.

• I have seen Rolling Meadows and taken a good look at it as it has come widely available in Toronto.  I don't see how legit grass fed butter can possibly be that white.  A true grass fed butter should be quite yellow.

• @Joeld123 -- thats what I thought too. I have bought the salted version from rolling meadows originally in Toronto (Longo's) and now they have unsalted too, which is great... but can anyone verify the 'total authenticity' of it?

• I thought the same thing about the rolling meadows brand. What I think they do is feed the cows some variety of dried grass in the winter. True grass fed butter like kerrygold is a dark yellow/ gold color. However you can get a New Zealand brand at whole foods now called kiwi pure that is true grass fed but it'll run you about $8-9 a stick

•  

I was able to buy grass fed Rolling Meadows butter in the BC interior at a health food store though they only had the salted butter : 1/2 lb. for $5.49.

I found this as well in Kamloops...I should check next time I'm in Kelowna, there seems to be more natural type grocery stores there.

• The Kiwi brand of grass fed butter is available at Sobey’s in Waterloo. They have the lowest price I’ve seen at $10.99 for a half pound stick. That’s $22 a pound folks...about 5-6X what you can get regular butter for. Anyone know of a better price in KW?