Bulletproof 'come Get Some' Ice Cream For Breakfast.

NickatNickat
edited September 2014 in The Bulletproof Diet

Decided to try Dave's ice cream for breakfast.

It's truly awesome and a great alternative to the coffee or tea we have been having. The coconut oil...butter...vanilla. ..mct but with some protein (which we like) are all in there too.

The Xylitol content is the question mark? Negligible quantities or will it tip the ketosis scale?

Thought about adding upgraded collagen in the recipe or maybe choline force as a kick start to the day.

Good idea or bad breakfast?

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014

Sounds good to me.

Well you can try Erythritol instead. From my understanding it's 0 calories. This is basically the only reason why I use it instead of xylitol.

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• NickatNickat
    edited September 2014

Sounds good to me.

Well you can try Erythritol instead. From my understanding it's 0 calories. This is basically the only reason why I use it instead of xylitol.

That`s an interesting call. Trying to decided if Xylitol has a place in out kitchen was always tough. Some comes from GMO corn starch and some from hardwood (bark) instead of the desired fruit source.

We know there has been debates on how it can turn into alcohol once digested. As for the calories we always thought it was almost zero. Maybe Dave will upgrade the ice cream recipe in the new book.

Just like he upgraded the upgraded mct to brain octane in the BP coffee.

We checked the differences out between the two on this page: http://www.xylitolcanada.com/erythritol-vs-xylitol/  

As a side note....the choline can be taken in pill form so no need to add that to the mix, no?. Maybe unmodified potato starch to thicken it up a little and feed the tiny guys down there might be better?

• I've played with the recipe a little as well. My kids like to have dessert after breakfast. :-)

• NickatNickat
    edited September 2014

I've played with the recipe a little as well. My kids like to have dessert after breakfast. :smile:

What`s so nice about ice cream is how you can play with the recipe. Chocolate, Coffee, raspberry, chlorella and even avocado and mint come to mind.

Forget about it being an after breakfast dessert for kids though. We're talking about us adults and having it as a full blown meal to break the fast of the 8pm IF threshold the night before while still keeping in ketosis...lol.

As a kid staying in a hotel for months on end before our house was built an eating nothing more than ice cream for breakfast can vouch for it`s appeal too.

Just a shame it was the wrong type of ice cream and years later probably paying the price in terms of bad health habits. Now trying to make amends and doing it the BP way.

20140720_141718_zpslyay6bjp.jpeg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for BP ice cream. Come get some.

• I havent tried this recipe yet (on my list for this week) - but would Stevia work as a sweetener for this? 

• That looks a lot creamier than mine. Could I be adding too much water?

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• NickatNickat
    edited September 2014

That looks a lot creamier than mine. Could I be adding too much water?

We don't add ANY water at all. It's awesome that way for us. A real hit.
  • NickatNickat
    edited September 2014

I havent tried this recipe yet (on my list for this week) - but would Stevia work as a sweetener for this?

Never tried it with stevia but why not. It's a sweetener and sounds awesome. Might change the colour slightly but the real secret ingredient is the Upgraded vanilla. Play with that to make it palatable to you. Some say stevia is better for you and more natural. Not sure if the texture would change. Post a pic if you have time. BP ice cream breakfast rocks.
  • Hey has anyone thought about organizing a Bulletproof Singles Mixer?

• I've done it with Stevia and coconut sugar just fine.  

Dave always recommends Xylitol because he finds the taste of stevia to be very bitter.  

• So who's feeding it to whom, first thing in the morning?

"Get Some" I-SCREAM ;) for breakfast in bed? :p:p

Decided to try Dave's ice cream for breakfast.

It's truly awesome and a great alternative to the coffee or tea we have been having. The coconut oil...butter...vanilla. ..mct but with some protein (which we like) are all in there too.

The Xylitol content is the question mark? Negligible quantities or will it tip the ketosis scale?

Thought about adding upgraded collagen in the recipe or maybe choline force as a kick start to the day.

Good idea or bad breakfast?

• GarrettGarrett
    edited November 2014
    Prep cold brew coffee.

Chill cold brew

Add a bit of cold brew to BP Ice Cream recipe.

Make Ice Cream

Enjoy Upgraded Upgraded BP Ice Cream for breakfast ;-)

THAT, plus the "bonuses" that GS Ice Cream brings *wink wink* will get you BOTH started for the day with a lil extra pep in the step ;-)

What`s so nice about ice cream is how you can play with the recipe. Chocolate, Coffee, raspberry, chlorella and even avocado and mint come to mind.

Forget about it being an after breakfast dessert for kids though. We're talking about us adults and having it as a full blown meal to break the fast of the 8pm IF threshold the night before while still keeping in ketosis...lol.

As a kid staying in a hotel for months on end before our house was built an eating nothing more than ice cream for breakfast can vouch for it`s appeal too.

Just a shame it was the wrong type of ice cream and years later probably paying the price in terms of bad health habits. Now trying to make amends and doing it the BP way.

20140720_141718_zpslyay6bjp.jpeg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for BP ice cream. Come get some.

• Prep cold brew coffee.

Chill cold brew

Add a bit of cold brew to BP Ice Cream recipe.

Make Ice Cream

Enjoy Upgraded Upgraded BP Ice Cream for breakfast :wink:

THAT, plus the "bonuses" that GS Ice Cream brings *wink wink* will get you BOTH started for the day with a lil extra pep in the step :wink:

Extra pep in the step sounds good to us Garrett. Will give it a try when we are back on coffee. 

• And Cold Brew Coffee will allow you to use less liquid coffee, for greater effect, due to its higher concentrated nature. Plus, CBC is less acidic than hot brew coffee, so it would, seemingly, be a better nervous system solution, than simply brewing hot coffee... and chilling it :) At least my own body has given CBC a higher nervous system 'thumbs up' than hot brew :D 

Extra pep in the step sounds good to us Garrett. Will give it a try when we are back on coffee. 

• J-rockJ-rock
    edited November 2014

Coffee flavored ice cream is the best. It's the one thing I miss about Haagen Daz. And coffee flavored ice cream loaded with healthy fats for breakfast is epic.