Bulletproof 'come Get Some' Ice Cream For Breakfast.

2»

Comments

• GarrettGarrett
    edited November 2014

I actually have some cold brew made... and I just made a batch of GS Ice Cream. I think I might blend some in tmrw morning, and enjoy it for breakfast! :D

That said, with regards to someone's question about Stevia: I have no Xylitol right now, so I had to use Stevia for sweetening. I used about 5 or so "coffee use" packets, and found that there's a bit of a sweet taste, though it's not particularly pronounced. I do also taste a TOUCH of the bitterness, but again, not particularly pronounced. How many Stevia would it take for a person to properly taste the sweetness? Unknown... and I'm feeling disinclined to throw ~10+ packets of Stevia into an order of GS Ice Cream...

Coffee flavored ice cream is the best. It's the one thing I miss about Haagen Daz. And coffee flavored ice cream loaded with healthy fats for breakfast is epic.

• NickatNickat
    edited November 2014

And Cold Brew Coffee will allow you to use less liquid coffee, for greater effect, due to its higher concentrated nature. Plus, CBC is less acidic than hot brew coffee, so it would, seemingly, be a better nervous system solution, than simply brewing hot coffee... and chilling it :) At least my own body has given CBC a higher nervous system 'thumbs up' than hot brew :D

Sounds pretty good to us. So to make the cold brew coffee we thought maybe take course ground beans and add water and let steep until cold then drain off the leftover beans and refrigerate until very cold but not frozen in any way. To that adding the cold coffee to the GS Ice Cream mix in the blender, and then slowly into the ice cream maker. We don`t usually add water to the GS Ice Cream Recipe so adding the coffee will make it less creamy. Maybe adding Arrow Root to rid the ice crystal effect could be beneficial too.

We are sure there are countless combinations of recipes that people can make here but coffee has got to be a winner for breakfast. Rooibos tea flavour at night...camomile...you have us thinking. Thank you.

Stevia we find does have a slight after-taste so we will continue using Xylitol. 

• GarrettGarrett
    edited November 2014

Simple solution - Google the recipe, because that isn't the way to make cold brew coffee :)

Sounds pretty good to us. So to make the cold brew coffee we thought maybe take course ground beans and add water and let steep until cold then drain off the leftover beans and refrigerate until very cold but not frozen in any way. To that adding the cold coffee to the GS Ice Cream mix in the blender, and then slowly into the ice cream maker. We don`t usually add water to the GS Ice Cream Recipe so adding the coffee will make it less creamy. Maybe adding Arrow Root to rid the ice crystal effect could be beneficial too.

We are sure there are countless combinations of recipes that people can make here but coffee has got to be a winner for breakfast. Rooibos tea flavour at night...camomile...you have us thinking. Thank you.

Stevia we find does have a slight after-taste so we will continue using Xylitol. 

• Hario Coffee Water Dripper Wood Glass Cold Brew Drip

$_57.JPG

Sounds pretty and awesome. Expensive but maybe worth it for ice cream and cold brew. Anyone use it?

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

I use this for my cold brew. It's easy to use, easy to clean and makes exceptional coffee:

https://toddycafe.com/

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

So, on the topic of the BP ice cream...

How are you guys making it? I know that most people tweak their recipes, so I'd like to know how you go about making it. What ingredients/methods do you use?

Nickat, your ice cream looks awesome!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Greg CarletGreg Carlet ✭✭
    edited November 2014

How are you guys making it? I know that most people tweak their recipes, so I'd like to know how you go about making it. What ingredients/methods do you use?

I make it pretty much how the recipe calls for it to be made. After it is all blended, I put the blend into the container, shake it, put it in the freezer, and then about every 15-20 minutes go back and shake it some more. I repeat this process until it is solid.

The first time I made it, I used an old ice cream maker that I have, but it was annoying to use and the consistency wasn't what I wanted. I've had better results using the shake method I just mentioned. But this is probably the result of a crappy ice cream maker.

I have made both the chocolate and a strawberry version, although I had to add a lot of strawberries in the strawberry version, which obviously greatly increased the sucrose/glucose/fructose content.
  • J-rockJ-rock
    edited November 2014

So, on the topic of the BP ice cream...

Nickat, your ice cream looks awesome!

Mine never makes it to the ice cream maker. I just drink it like a shake.

• I can honestly say that I've never eaten BP Ice Cream in a frozen-esque ice cream state. It's always been right out of the blender, or out of a cup. :p

Mine never makes it to the ice cream maker. I just drink it like a shake.

•  

What`s so nice about ice cream is how you can play with the recipe. Chocolate, Coffee, raspberry, chlorella and even avocado and mint come to mind.

Forget about it being an after breakfast dessert for kids though. We're talking about us adults and having it as a full blown meal to break the fast of the 8pm IF threshold the night before while still keeping in ketosis...lol.

As a kid staying in a hotel for months on end before our house was built an eating nothing more than ice cream for breakfast can vouch for it`s appeal too.

Just a shame it was the wrong type of ice cream and years later probably paying the price in terms of bad health habits. Now trying to make amends and doing it the BP way.

20140720_141718_zpslyay6bjp.jpeg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for BP ice cream. Come get some.

Wow! That consistency is perfect!

Can I ask, how long do you blend and at what speed?

Does blending longer (10+minutes) make a big difference in the creaminess?

I'm on my fourth or fifth batch now and I still can't get it "creamy". It comes out more like frozen coconut oil.

• Don't add water as that makes it icy.

Vigorously blend for 5 mins as you do for the same setting as you make your BP coffee. Then wisk setting for additional 5 mins. That's it.

• That looks a lot creamier than mine. Could I be adding too much water?

I just mad it for the first time tonight. I didnt add any water and I dont have an ice cream maker. i put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes and it was bangin'

•  

What`s so nice about ice cream is how you can play with the recipe. Chocolate, Coffee, raspberry, chlorella and even avocado and mint come to mind.

Forget about it being an after breakfast dessert for kids though. We're talking about us adults and having it as a full blown meal to break the fast of the 8pm IF threshold the night before while still keeping in ketosis...lol.

As a kid staying in a hotel for months on end before our house was built an eating nothing more than ice cream for breakfast can vouch for it`s appeal too.

Just a shame it was the wrong type of ice cream and years later probably paying the price in terms of bad health habits. Now trying to make amends and doing it the BP way.

20140720_141718_zpslyay6bjp.jpeg

I scream, you scream, we all scream for BP ice cream. Come get some.

Is this what it looks like when you dont add cocoa?