Protein Problems

Hey Bulletproofers,

I've been on the Bulletproof Diet for 4 weeks now.  I've been doing everything as directed except the protein.  I know Dave would frown upon this, but I've been eating chicken thighs all day instead of grass fed beef.  As a college student on a tight budget, I can hardly afford all the coconut oil and vegetables.  

I was wondering if I'd be better off eating a different type of meat that doesn't cost much more (pork, beef, turkey?).  Has anyone else been on a similar diet?  I feel a little nervous eating 8 chicken thighs a day when it's not on the diet.  Any feedback would be a weight off my shoulders.

Thanks so much guys!

Comments

• edited September 2014

Sardines in olive oil for the win!

You could find some grass fed mince also for a decent price depending on where you are located.

• Just don't eat the skin and replace the fat with something better like avocados.

I love sticking butter under the skin before baking.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

Here organ meats are very cheap, don't know about where you live, so on some days you can add those, too, for variety. But I really don't know the prices over there, here there are turkey thighs for cheap, and I think they must have less fat so less omega 6 in them, their texture just seems drier. If these are not options for you, you are still doing good with just the above advices.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• Awesome advice guys.  Thank you so much!

• Turkey is one of the cheapest meats by the pound most of the year.  Rotate your protien source around though, you don't want to develop a sensitivity.  If you can spring for it, buy the Larger cuts. primals or sub-primals on beef, You can get most for $4-$6 lb if you don't ask the butcher to trim them down.  Videos for portioning them to size are all over youtube.  My favorite is the whole top sirloin, b/c picanha. 

Then you can use the waste for broths, which keep you fuller longer.