Unfair Advantage User Experience

Comments

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

I admit that I bought the hype. The actual experience has left me disappointed. I don't think I'll be purchasing this again, and I'm not sure I can recommend it. Dave's claims of abundant energy haven't manifested in my case. Perhaps it's still a solid mitochondrial supplement and it's going to improve my health and performance in more subtle ways over a longer period of time. I intend to use it all, and if I perceive any benefit in the coming days I'll happily sing its praises. Unimpressed after 2 doses, however.

Calling it a "whole-body nootropic" seems to me disingenuous at best, deceptive at worst.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• does this unfair advantage work more on less healthy people?   DemonofChuka might be in a health range that is quite healthy and unfair advantage works much less for him.

people say here that if you eat healthy,  unfair advantage will have more profound effect but i fear it is the reverse.   that is why i haven't bought it yet. 

edited October 2014

DemonofChuka might be in a health range that is quite healthy and unfair advantage works much less for him.

Ehh, well, I'm certainly not the healthiest bulletproofer on the forums lol.

I will say that my first dose, which was a day after a cheat meal, DID seem to have more of an effect on me than my higher dose today. I think it helped to clear some lingering brain fog, but it wasn't noticeable enough an effect for me to rule out the possibility of placebo. Today I've been pretty much at my BP baseline, eating well and whatnot, and I felt nothing after taking 3 ampules. So it's hard to say.

I guess I need to smash a couple of pizzas to truly test this UA, huh?  ;)

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• Well he did say some people won't get anything from it, you got the short straw on that one.

So far, we have Dave plus a Bulletproof employee asserting that users experience profound increases in energy...and several veteran forum participants wanting it to deliver on its promise but coming away somewhat to very disappointed with its effect. 

Many of us were rooting for Dave on this one more than most, because of what is at stake: after his over-the-top public hype blitz, if users do not feel their experience with Unfair Advantage is amazing, then Dave will have significantly damaged his credibility and potentially undermined the willingness of the public to try elements of the BP program that do actually deliver markedly positive physiological effects.  (I don't think any of us want a situation in which the mainstream response evolves to the point where the claims of the BP community are summarily dismissed.) 

At this point, its early in the process and as the sample size grows, hopefully we will see users experiencing a profound, sustained benefit.

• Hey guys, I just got my unfair advantage in the other day. I expected to feel a similar 'brain buzz' as compared to alpha brain, choline force, but the result was much different. I took two capsules to start off with a bang, and I didn't notice much at all..until I hit the gym. I was able to push harder then ever, and my strength was through the roof. I could push my muscles to the limit, without feeling exhausted overall. Having that surge of energy on a 'cellular level' is unlike anything I've felt before, and it's definitely not a 'stimulant' type of effect. The next day, I went up to 3 ampules just to see if I could replicate my experience the first day, and take it even further, and indeed, I felt like a beast in there. 

Now, I should say that I also took Shroom Tech Sport, but I always use that for workouts, so I know what the effects of using that alone are like, and adding unfair advantage into the mix was a game changer for me. If anyone else is using Shroom Tech Sport, definitely try the two together and see how it works for you. I can only imagine how insane it would be if I added some type of workout stimulant or testosterone boost into the mix, but for now I just stick with my Bulletproof Coffee about an hour or two before working out. 

Overall, I would agree with a lot of you, in when I took it, I was expecting to feel something intense, and was very disappointed initially when I didn't notice much cognitive effects, especially when compared to Aniracetam, or even Dave's Choline Force, which I use fairly often and have seen good results from, more so then Alpha Brain which I was always a fan of. But I can't ignore how I felt in the gym, honestly, I've never felt THAT good in the gym before. 

• After taking it this morning (1 ampule) I still didn't really feel anything, but I had my best ever emWave score (7.3 on Highest for a 5:00 session) so something must have happened.  Lets all be patient as people report their findings.  So far for me:

1st use:  felt sleepy and drowsy afterward

2nd use: felt nothing but rocked my best emWave session

3rd use: Skeletor?

• Mine is at the post office. Will try it first thing tomorrow.
  • Got it yesterday, tried it with a friend who was helping me with chores.

Around 4pm he asks if I could blend up some BPC, and I say that it's too late for coffee but that we could try this new stuff that's supposed to do what coffee does later in the day. He's 24 and I'm 29.

I asked about an hour later if he still felt like having coffee, and said he was doing good without it. I was being lazy playing video games while he worked, and I noticed that getting points was happening more effortlessly, my reflexes were much more active than before. I ended up making dinner for everyone here like I usually do, and again noticed the effortlessness with that. I got tired and crashed out around 10pm like normal, the friend was up til 2am.

How does it compare to another mitochondria multiplier I've had a lot of experience with? 

It was not a super-amazing experience, but I can already tell what having UA regularly could do. The energy is really clean, I wouldn't notice it if I didn't have things to do to add up. I can imagine how much more I could get done after a few weeks of using it, but it isn't some magic shit that will let me do two weeks of everything in a day. That's fine with me, if I wanted something like that I'd be taking Atomic Firepower again. This:

I already like UA more than I like the Atomic ATP. Atomic was unlimited physical energy and the brain was a little behind. With UA I'm feeling a more balanced body/mind effect, I like that for city life. Out on the farm I would want more body energy, but UA seems perfect for where I'm at now.

I'll report back if I notice anything else.

• Where'd you buy the Atomic Firepower? Sounds interesting. Is there more info on it?

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• Where'd you buy the Atomic Firepower? Sounds interesting. Is there more info on it?

http://www.getufit.net/store/product.php?productid=200  

Just as expensive as UA.   

• I followed John Brisson's advice and had my first capsule with a fatl-rich lunch. I certainly didn't have a jolt of clarity the way l did when I first started drinking BPC in the morning. I still love my BPC but l am now spoiled by the clearer mind I have for 5-6 hours I did like the taste of UA a lot, but really can't afford taking two capsules daily.

Any suggestions on when or what l might do for an afternoon pick-me-up with it?

Third dose today. Took it with a fatty meal. I'm feeling good, but I can't say that the UA has anything to do with that. I mean, who doesn't feel good after eating bacon?

• I'm noticing that my throat feels more thirsty after taking the UA, and one of the people I tested it on said this too. Anyone else notice dry mouth?

• Anyone else notice a slight appetite increase after UA? 

• I'm confused, has this supplement ever been touted as an instantaneous, fast-reacting drug? -- Not sure why everybody is expecting immediate results from a deep-seeded mitochondrial base change vs something like drinking a coffee?

A bit perplexed with all the expectations.... 

• I'm confused, has this supplement ever been touted as an instantaneous, fast-reacting drug? -- Not sure why everybody is expecting immediate results from a deep-seeded mitochondrial base change vs something like drinking a coffee?

A bit perplexed with all the expectations.... 

Yes Dave did in his hype up video of the product, as well as his refrences to it in the podcasts.  I am still formulating my "review" of it, but like most have mentioned here my intial experiance did not match the hype.

• "Feeling" is great, but really unscientific, some numbers would be nice. Has anyone taken this while lifting weights or running and noticed a difference? Curious if there is any athletic benefit.

• If you'll excuse my tawdry language, I think it's safe to say the early reviews are that Unfair Advantage is "more sizzle than steak."

• Just tried my first one today. So far no difference. I'll try 2 the next time. I think $25 & free shipping would make this worth experimenting a little better. 

• My initial review of UA after only one 2 capsule dose:

Packaging, flavor both excellent.

While it could be confirmation bias, I seem to be more clear headed and alert.

But the thing that I noticed the most - which is surprising and makes me suspicious that its just coincidence - is that my vision seemed to improve. Everything was sharper and brighter less than 30 mins after consuming.

That doesnt seem possible after one dose, and I never even knew that PQQ could improve vision via improved mitochondria functioning before taking the dose.

Most likely its a coincidence but it was pronounced. Will update again after a few more doses.

• Stacked it today with 300mg CoQ10 https://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=932674f7-535a-4278-bf46-70c9c80f8e9a and 1 ampule of GABAWave.  Felt like I was shot out of a cannon yet in total control.

• Stacked it today with 300mg CoQ10 https://www.orthomolecularproducts.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=932674f7-535a-4278-bf46-70c9c80f8e9a and 1 ampule of GABAWave.  Felt like I was shot out of a cannon yet in total control.

I know exactly the feeling you're talking about. 

articulos_107207.png

Isnt the Gaba doing opposite of what CoQ10 is doing?  I'd like to try but don't completely understand.  The UA alone didn't do much. I had it 3 hours after BP Coffee...

• Add me to the list of those who got really hungry after taking it.

• Mine arrived today and I took two ampules, probably on an empty stomach though I may have had a little BPC left in there. Nearly immediately, I felt a bit of an antsy buzz, which I thought was placebo, however it calmed down but remained noticeable for 45-60 minutes. 2 hours later, I do feel clear-headed and a bit more energetic. The initial antsy feeling wasn't really negative... I think it would have been a problem if I was told to sit still and stare at a blank wall, but it was pleasant so long as I engaged in something. 

After the initial effects, it feels more like there's energy available for use, rather than being energized like a standard stimulant, but I would call it fairly subtle. 

I may be a bit hungrier after taking it. 

I worked out yesterday, and will not be today, but I'm curious to see how it affects that. 

• Took 1-didnt feel anything, took a second, didn't feel much, then decided to eat some eggs and I felt the burst he mentioned in the youtube video, wondering if anyone had any similar experience or willing to see if the eggs(choline?) are a good "stack" with it

• Jason HooperJason Hooper ✭✭✭
    edited October 2014

I have a hunch that it may take a day or two for the active PQQ to bio-accumulate for some of you.  I would encourage people to stick with just one ampule for a few days.  Also, please do not forget to shake it up before consuming.

• Took my first ampule of unfair advantage today and felt much stronger. I immediately noticed my wallet felt much lighter, other than that I felt nothing.
  • lyleglyleg
    edited October 2014
    2 hours in now and do feel very clean mentally. Driving to the store I found the road and trees almost had an HD feel to them. Everything seemed really crisp. All the people at Walmart seemed stupid as well (this I assume is pure coincidence). All in all I feel very good, very alive, but not drugged. Reminds me of the first time I went ketogenic and had bp coffee. Taste was weird but not bad. I added water to the ampoule to be sure to get every drop out. Packaging was real nice and eye catching. Product would be a hit at $39 instead of $59

Also did anyone else open the package and pull out the inner box and have a mild panic attack when it flopped open into two halves. I was expecting ampoules everywhere.
  • Nothing, zip, nada.  

- No crazy sensations in my pre-frontal cortex (isn't that what he said in the video?)

- I don't feel like kicking an alligator in it's nutsack

I'll stick with it and see if anything changes.  I could already be blessed with ass kicking mitochondria.