Unfair Advantage User Experience

Comments

• Does Unfair Advantage require refrigeration?  Is it better to refrigerate it?

• Thanks!  Appreciate the comment.  There are only so many ways you can spread your dollars...  I was really hoping this would've been one of those supplements with an undeniably positive effect... instead of one of those 'maybe so, maybe no' supplements... which is what the initial reports coming in seem indicate.

Hopefully people will continue to chime in with their experiences!  I'm still on the fence, but at this point leaning against picking it up.

I had mine on my night table, next to my bed. My room is in darkness and and is a cool temperature all the time. I never noticed anything particularly different at the end, with regards to separation..

My method of consuming them was simple. Shake em, open the top, drink em while squeezing as much out as possible. Then, while squeezing them (to get the air out), I'd flip them over, and dip the top into some clean water, gently using physics (suction!) to draw water inside. Shake the ampule some more (with my finger covering the hole), then squirt the water/UA into my mouth. Do that until the ampule is clean.. which is usually ~2-3 washes.

@bjjcaveman - Buying UA again. Right now? No. I have other financial priorities at the moment, and I'd like to do a 30'ish day cycle to see how my body feels sans UA.

In the future sometime, I can see myself procuring UA again.

Check out my blogs 

www.bjjcaveman.com

www.theketorash.com

• Hmm... reading the user experiences so far make me think that Unfair Advantage is more trouble than it's worth... the price and storage issues don't seem to outweigh the marginal benefits reported here...

For the people that have picked it up already...  if you could do it over again, would you buy?

Yes, already ordered more. My comments on the contents settling aren't really a "storage issue" unless you have an injured arm and can't shake stuff. I mainly posted that since I store it in a kitchen cabinet, and hypothetically that could get a bit above "room temperature, so I wanted to see if others experienced the same thing. I don't know that it will become a daily supplement, but it's definitely a noticeable boost. " I've noticed it especially where stamina is concerned, it just feels like I have a limitless gas tank for efforts that don't tap glycogen. 

For my next batch, I will probably use it sparingly, as well as use it as a baseline high-level mitochondrial enhancer which I can test other, less fancy mitochondrial supps against. 

Does Unfair Advantage require refrigeration?  Is it better to refrigerate it?

"Store away from light. Store at room temperature or refrigerate." - UA package. 

• edited October 2014
    Here's my update after two weeks. . For the first ten days I would take one ampule of unfair advantage at night. Right from the start, I had a really hard time finding a relaxing state and couldn't get to sleep despite gulping down my usual doses of melatonin and magnesium. So a few days ago, I decided to change things around, and since l am most 'down' about 6 to 7 hours after my morning BPC and my lunch. I always develop brain fog and extreme fatigue. It occurred to me that this just might be the time to give unfair advantage a second chance. . It's only been three days, but l am really glad l did! My brain fog has gone and l almost have my energy backl
  • Some feedback after using UA for 3 weeks, not daily, instead using it before and after workout. Me (43 years of age, 88kg, 1m86) workout once a week (for a long time now), every Sunday afternoon, a high intensity functional kettle-bell (35LB) routine and most of the time would have the after-workout feeling of being hit by a truck, still feeling ok but just squashed. So for the last 3 weeks i have been taking one ampule before and one after workout in the evening. The experience with UA is that my strength has seriously increased as well as my body telling me i could lift a fridge again on the Tuesday. I even have no real muscle soreness anymore, which i normally would have, on the Monday and Tuesday.

So i would buy it again (which i did) to see if it will hold up, just wish the price was more around $40 instead of $60.

• MrsfloydMrsfloyd ✭✭
    edited October 2014

Update:  Tried again this morning.  Same result -- sluggish, tired, weakened, and brain-foggy after one ampoule.

Do any of you have good guesses as to why this would be?

• Update #2, next day:  Decided to double the dose.  Tried to do an easy yoga/pilates workout/stretch morning routine, mild and low-impact, some push ups, some crunches, some long held planks…  And I could not even get through it.  I kept wanting to just curl up on my mat and go to sleep.  A push up felt like I was made of lead.  This is having a bit of a reverse effect.

I emailed the company to ask if there is any information about this, or if I may benefit from taking it at night instead.  (I have read in this thread that several people do that, but I'd like to make sure it is what is recommended.  Any specific info is welcome.)

Is anyone having a similar spaced-out, sluggish result?  I feel like the unfair advantage is on me.  :)

• Perhaps it was your body telling you that it needed a nap at that point, rather than MORE STIMULATION, as many tend to look for.

Many people on this forum DO willfully ignore many bodily signals, such as tiredness, in favour of using more caffeine/other things, in order to 'keep going'. Not saying that's you, though perhaps your body & mind did want a repair cycle.

I'd recommend considering reading the book "The Way We're Working Isn't Working" by Tony Schwartz. He explains a lot about our bio-rhythms, and about optimizing work/ living performance. A fantastic read.

Update #2, next day: Decided to double the dose. Tried to do an easy yoga/pilates workout/stretch morning routine, mild and low-impact, some push ups, some crunches, some long held planks… And I could not even get through it. I kept wanting to just curl up on my mat and go to sleep. A push up felt like I was made of lead. This is having a bit of a reverse effect.

I emailed the company to ask if there is any information about this, or if I may benefit from taking it at night instead. (I have read in this thread that several people do that, but I'd like to make sure it is what is recommended. Any specific info is welcome.)

Is anyone having a similar spaced-out, sluggish result? I feel like the unfair advantage is on me. :)

• Update #2, next day:  Decided to double the dose.  Tried to do an easy yoga/pilates workout/stretch morning routine, mild and low-impact, some push ups, some crunches, some long held planks…  And I could not even get through it.  I kept wanting to just curl up on my mat and go to sleep.  A push up felt like I was made of lead.  This is having a bit of a reverse effect.

I emailed the company to ask if there is any information about this, or if I may benefit from taking it at night instead.  (I have read in this thread that several people do that, but I'd like to make sure it is what is recommended.  Any specific info is welcome.)

Is anyone having a similar spaced-out, sluggish result?  I feel like the unfair advantage is on me.   :)

Do you have any pre-existing health problems, or have suspicions of health problems? I know this sounds far fetched, but the mitochondria play a role in viral clearing and things like that; people with CFS/ME and other similar disorders have often found that they can't tolerate even low doses of mitochondrial based supplements, or even foods loaded in them (heart, liver, etc) - they experience symptoms essentially the same as yours. Once they cut these things out, they slowly go away.

http://equilibriohm.wordpress.com/

http://biohacksblog.com/

Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability. - Marcus Aurelius 

• Do you have any pre-existing health problems, or have suspicions of health problems? I know this sounds far fetched, but the mitochondria play a role in viral clearing and things like that; people with CFS/ME and other similar disorders have often found that they can't tolerate even low doses of mitochondrial based supplements, or even foods loaded in them (heart, liver, etc) - they experience symptoms essentially the same as yours. Once they cut these things out, they slowly go away.

Hi!

Not that I know of.  I am a very healthy person, in that I am not sick.  I live a fairly clean life, or at least -- as much as possible in New York City.  :)

I have been quite sedentary lately, and quite stressed.  My sleep isn't great, etc..  I am aware of that, and it's what I'm trying to turn around using supplements and bulletproof practices.  Perhaps you are right, Garret.  Perhaps I just need some sleep.

But I feel like getting a bit of a workout will help me with that.  I also felt that some mitochondrial help will get me moving during the day and sleeping at night.  I figured if nothing else, it would be a good help at this moment when I can't seem to get the rest of it together.

• Go take a walk outside. Adding just 1000 steps a day will change your life.

Seriously. :) You don't need to do a marathon, or do some freakishly challenging workout regiment. Just start small. Compound Effect your results. 1000 steps a day. It's a walk around the block, or less! Listen to some good music whilst you walk. It'll get your blood flowing, get you more fat adapted, and lower your stress. It will also (quite likely) help you sleep better. :)

Hi!

Not that I know of.  I am a very healthy person, in that I am not sick.  I live a fairly clean life, or at least -- as much as possible in New York City.   :)

I have been quite sedentary lately, and quite stressed.  My sleep isn't great, etc..  I am aware of that, and it's what I'm trying to turn around using supplements and bulletproof practices.  Perhaps you are right, Garret.  Perhaps I just need some sleep.

But I feel like getting a bit of a workout will help me with that.  I also felt that some mitochondrial help will get me moving during the day and sleeping at night.  I figured if nothing else, it would be a good help at this moment when I can't seem to get the rest of it together.

• Update:  Tried again this morning.  Same result -- sluggish, tired, weakened, and brain-foggy after one ampoule.

Do any of you have good guesses as to why this would be?

Somewhere I read or heard that a overgrowth of a certain parasite in the gut would cause problems if you increased mitochondrial function and you needed to first address the gut.  I can't remember the exact details to say that is applies to this situation but hopefully someone else knows what I'm referencing.  Wanna say it was mentioned on one of Dave's podcasts. 

• Go take a walk outside. Adding just 1000 steps a day will change your life.

Seriously. :) You don't need to do a marathon, or do some freakishly challenging workout regiment. Just start small. Compound Effect your results. 1000 steps a day. It's a walk around the block, or less! Listen to some good music whilst you walk. It'll get your blood flowing, get you more fat adapted, and lower your stress. It will also (quite likely) help you sleep better. :)

Oh believe me, I do that.  I also have a physical job.  I walk around NYC all the time.  Just today I had a brisk walk in the park.

Somewhere I read or heard that a overgrowth of a certain parasite in the gut would cause problems if you increased mitochondrial function and you needed to first address the gut.  I can't remember the exact details to say that is applies to this situation but hopefully someone else knows what I'm referencing.  Wanna say it was mentioned on one of Dave's podcasts. 

That sounds horrifying!

I don't have any apparent gut issues (more than any of us do,) I take primal defence probiotic every day, eat sourkraut daily, good clean organic food, BPC, no legumes or grains, no gluten (obviously,) etc…  I am not aware of having any bacterial issues (I'd think there would be symptoms?) but one of these days, I will test for everything.

Any other (scary) theories?  :)

• So you have a physical job, and you move a lot... but you're sedentary.

Oh believe me, I do that. I also have a physical job. I walk around NYC all the time. Just today I had a brisk walk in the park.

• So you have a physical job, and you move a lot... but you're sedentary.

I have been lately, job-wise and no big work outs.  But walks are a part of every day, and I live on a 5th floor walk-up, so…  I do move around.

Also, I have a ghetto vibration machine, (not the fancy expensive type, but still -- it vibrates :) ), so…  sedentary for me is that.  

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited November 2014

I was reviewing this podcast for info on the collagen+tryptophan combo, but right after that is some insight on why Dave might take UA before sleep, and also why some of us may have issues with that.

They're talking about taking Brain Octane Oil before bed, and Steve Fowkes says it can keep some people awake. Dave points out it can increase mitochondrial activity, and says he takes it to rev up the glymphatic system (which pumps waste out of our brain cells while we sleep) and it allows him to feel equally rested with less sleep. BUT part of why he can do that is because he's hacked his sleep and can fall asleep quickly when he needs to. If Brain Octane acts this way, it's reasonable that UA does so, but even more. 

Start at 45:15

This jives with what I've experienced taking UA before bed: a bit more energy than I'd like to have when I'm trying to fall asleep, waking up earlier, but feeling pretty rested despite less sleep.

So, I think I will take UA before bed only when A ) I have excellent pre-sleep rituals to allow me to get to sleep despite the energy, or B ) when I've stayed up too late and I'm really tired but need to wake up in at a normal time feeling rested. 

• Personally I find benefit from UA.  I actually do.

But it appears some people are trying to make excuses for Dave and excuses for the product and blame the critical poster if it does nothing for them.  Anything to preserve Dave.  

People's point is, he sold it as the miracle drug of miracle drugs.  He hasn't even bothered to address the many complaints in threads like this.  If it turns out to not be the miracle drug Dave Asprey was selling, don't make excuses for Dave Asprey, and find "workarounds" to make sure he's right.  All he said was consume the ampule.

• Well said!

Personally I find benefit from UA.  I actually do.

But it appears some people are trying to make excuses for Dave and excuses for the product and blame the critical poster if it does nothing for them.  Anything to preserve Dave.  

People's point is, he sold it as the miracle drug of miracle drugs.  He hasn't even bothered to address the many complaints in threads like this.  If it turns out to not be the miracle drug Dave Asprey was selling, don't make excuses for Dave Asprey, and find "workarounds" to make sure he's right.  All he said was consume the ampule.

Check out my blogs 

www.bjjcaveman.com

www.theketorash.com

• i just took some unfair advantage for the first time, 2 ampoules. i also just ate like 6 squares of 90% lindt beforehand and have been in a  pretty good mood today anyways, but i did seem to notice something...like immediately, as soon as the stuff hit my tongue. i dunno if that is some kind of placebo thing but my vision did instantly get sharper and i did notice something different going on in my head. i am feeling pretty energized...gettin ready for a hike, then got a capoeira class to teach tonight. if this is an indication of how energized i'm gonna feel later, my students are in for it...haha. 

• i just took some unfair advantage for the first time, 2 ampoules. i also just ate like 6 squares of 90% lindt beforehand and have been in a  pretty good mood today anyways, but i did seem to notice something...like immediately, as soon as the stuff hit my tongue. i dunno if that is some kind of placebo thing but my vision did instantly get sharper and i did notice something different going on in my head. i am feeling pretty energized...gettin ready for a hike, then got a capoeira class to teach tonight. if this is an indication of how energized i'm gonna feel later, my students are in for it...haha. 

For those who respond, it does seem to be immediate, so I don't think it's a placebo. Perhaps the liposomal delivery system is working directly in the mouth? GABAwave (also liposomal) has a similarly quick onset. It should take ~30 minutes to clear the stomach and get into the small intestine, right?

Have you had carbs today? In my experience I feel UA with carbs, but that serious energy comes when I use it in ketosis. Which, I think is the feeling of ramped up cellular energy use coupled with the body recognizing there's plenty more energy to be freed up in fat storage. 

• Unfair Advantage is technically a stable colloid.

1710_Colloid%20Homework%20Help.jpg

• drumminangoleirodrumminangoleiro ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

Have you had carbs today? In my experience I feel UA with carbs, but that serious energy comes when I use it in ketosis. Which, I think is the feeling of ramped up cellular energy use coupled with the body recognizing there's plenty more energy to be freed up in fat storage. 

Not really. breakfast was soft boiled eggs with steamed veggies, olive oil, and acv, and coffee with cacao butter and cocoa powder. lunch was ground beef with steamed veggies, avocado, olive oil, and 6 squares of lindt 90%. 

picking up where i left off with my last post, i did leave my house feeling pretty amped. maybe feeling slightly less patient with traffic as i was eager to get out and do some hiking. and slightly less interested in conversing with my folks as i stopped by to pick up their dog.  i definitely had a nice mood boost, even a little physical tingly sensation, rockin out to some tool while speedin down the country highway to get to the nature area i frequent. the midwest has a reputation for being flat but i hike in the loess hills, pretty steep and uneven terrain, and it definitely felt a lot easier than usual running up and down those hills even while dodging/keeping track of the 2 dogs i had with me. it seemed like my legs didn't burn as much even when sprinting up hills, and it was a lot easier to just keep going at the point where i would normally find it difficult to keep from slowing down. running down steep hills i was able to move a lot more smoothly evading all of the crevices and stuff. after the hike i came home and had a pretty solid drum session, not enough time to really immerse myself in it unfortunately. but fun for the half hour i had to kill.  then i had my class...not really the right crowd for super intense stuff but i still had pretty solid energy and kept pretty active while my students worked on stuff. 

there were a variety of confounding factors of why i might have felt like i was in such a good mood and super energized,, being in a good mood already, eating a bunch of chocolate, placebo effect,...but i definitely felt like there was something different going on. seems like it would be a good emergency "i need to kick ass but am tired" kind of thing. seems like it has to have some kind of downside to it (besides the price of course)...i wonder if you develop a tolerance or something? hopefully no hangover effect! anyways, i'll probably try it again on thursday before a BBS session. 

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭

^Try taking 4 ampules before BBS. I'll bet you turn into the Hulk!

UA is a nice supplement. If it weren't so costly, I'd make it a staple. I'm nearly through my box of it and have felt subtle benefits. The sharper vision thing is something I've consistently experienced while on it-- sometimes, even with my glasses off, I find I can see better. My wife popped an ampule the other day and immediately (without my having told her about it) felt that tingling, warm sensation between the eyes that Dave described in his video.

It isn't a miracle drug and Dave's marketing of it was rather poor, IMO. But it's a good supplement and worth the money.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• ACH85ACH85 ✭✭
    edited December 2014

seems like it would be a good emergency "i need to kick ass but am tired" kind of thing. seems like it has to have some kind of downside to it (besides the price of course)...i wonder if you develop a tolerance or something? hopefully no hangover effect! 

I have noticed a tolerance only in terms of not getting the slight rush/tingle if I use an ampule daily. I still seem to get the energy benefits if I do endurance work running on fat even if I don't get the immediate onset feelings. 

I actually haven't used it on an "I need to kick ass I'm tired" morning... but I have taken it the night before. When I've gone to bed way too late and needed to be perky in the morning, I've taken it before bed and it definitely seems to help with sleep quality in a shorter amount of time. But, I need to be tired enough that I'll fall asleep quickly despite the increased energy. 

Never had a hangover effect, but I've only taken 1 capsule daily for any extended amount of time. 

• yeah no hangover effect for me, if anything it seems like there's still a subtle feeling of unusually good mood/energy. again, hard to say what other variables could be at play here. i've also been changing my diet, the weather's been unusually nice, i've experimented with a different "deodorant" that seems to put me in a good mood (living libations stuff that daniel vitalis talks about), i recently met a cool person that i'm kinda excited about, and also just got another offer to teach some classes, which is always good. but yeah, i'm hosting a capoeira training intensive coming up in a couple weeks, so i'll get a better idea of what it does when i'm sleep deprived and doing a lot of physical activity for a weekend. 

• and not to drag this out too long, but geez, over 24 hours since taking this stuff and i did seem to notice still having sharper vision all day today, and still a bit more energy and focus than usual. i had to go give a demonstration to a cafeteria full of middle schoolers and teach another couple classes after that and everything felt a bit smoother and more effortless than usual. unfair advantage indeed. part of me wants to tell people about this and part of me would rather it just be my secret weapon....haha. 

• I have just completed day 5 and found my experience positive.    I'm taking mine in the morning because the first time I took it in the evening I could not sleep. I normally can't wait for lunch - and frequently clock watch. However I have been able to go longer before eating and today I just had a green smoothie for lunch and ate my main meal tonight. However I have been taking collagen in my morning coffee so it is probably that rather than the UA.   It is subtle, but I have been able to concentrate well and today have seemed more creative than usual whilst getting more done.  @Garrett_K that's a really good idea on sluicing out the capsule!  @bulletproof novice - you don't need to put in a refrigerator so long as it is in a dark, cool place.

• 5 days in a row? crazy! do you still notice it every time you take it?

i took some today for my 2nd time. 2 amps again. i felt somewhat tired this morning, one of those days where i wouldn't expect my BBS workout to be my best performance. took it around 2pm, had my BBS workout a little after 7pm, and just got home. i've been doing the Big 5 and sticking to that routine since i started, i usually have a bit of improvement on one or two of the exercises, stay about the same on one or two, and maybe kind of suck at one or two. i stayed about the same on the first exercise, but had some decent improvements on the other 4. placebo? maybe. i don't think so though. this stuff does some stuff to me. like, i had lasik done in 2010, and since taking this stuff my vision seems like its gotten another lasik tune-up or something, its pretty trippy. i just wonder if this is a healthy thing though...by "boosting our mitochondria", are we also boosting the speed of our biological clock or something? isn't pretty much any "energy boost" followed by an equal and opposite reaction? i wonder if there is some addictive potential or something with this stuff. regardless my next experiment with this stuff will be next weekend. 

• phantasmphantasm
    edited May 2016

My Honest  review of Bulletproof Unfair Advantage.

I've been looking through all the posts in this thread only AFTER purchasing the Unfair Advantage and using it for a month.

These are my views only and YMMV.

I DID have a subscription to Dave's Quarterly and one of the boxes had a few samples of Unfair Advantage. Quarterly also sent me a Biohacker something something box with stuff from Ben Greenfield, Ferriss, Starrett etc. This also had some Unfair Advantage.

About a month ago I was cleaning up and found the boxes and noticed the samples from BulletProof Ministries with the new Stained-Glass window Dove/Phoneix/Bird logo. "Ah great, more Kool-Aid," I thought. There was a bit of controversy over the Quarterly box as the UA was already expired before the boxes were even packed. (Thank you Dave for your attention to detail. Perhaps the packers should have received some UA, or perhaps they were already on some.)

Reluctantly I decided I'd pop the vial (probably made of BPA and Phthalates , and even if it isn't, these are only two of thousands of plastics that have estrogentic effects on us. Please look up CBC the Nature of Things Programmed to be fat. http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/programmed-to-be-fat)*ginseng is available in glass ampules.

I downed the ampule, not expecting much.

I gotta say. I was BLOWN AWAY!!

I felt the tingling in the forehead, as if pituitary or third-eye was activating. I had INTENSE focus for about 5 hours and got more done that Saturday afternoon than I had in months.

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!!

So I ordered some off Amazon. Why Amazon? Well, the reviews were good and it ended up being cheaper than off the Bulletproof site, even with the discounts and such. (Remember that on Amazon the price in the Buy box, is not the only price available, scroll down and you can find other sellers, sometimes for cheaper. Amazon rotates these sellers every 15min)

The month supply arrived in two days and I decided to start on a Monday. VERY excited at all that I would accomplish! First thing I noticed is that the colour of the liquid is lighter (yes shaken vigorously for the samples and the 'legit' ampules) Next thing I noticed it is A LOT sweeter. So much so that it knocked me out of ketosis. No, matter, I'll study, workout, get back on track, I thought and waited.

Nothing.

Next day I took two Ampules

Nothing.

Next day I took two x two Ampules.

Nada, zip, zilch and totally out of ketosis now.

Oh and the HUNGER. OMG. HUNGER for total kryptonite foods. POP tarts, and koolaid and jams. Mostly sticky sticky sweet stuff.

The following day I decided to take two ampules on an empty stomach with water and 1TBSP Brain Ocatane. I can usually work (very physical) for about 5 - 8 hours without any fuel other than a bit of salt and water, and I don't have time to make rest stops. So this was going to be the litmus test as NOXplode and SuperHD seemed to kickbutt for hours, extreme mental focus and speed. The results with UA were dismal. I HAD to drive home and refuel with 3000mg of effervescent Vitamin C (REDOXON), 600mg of ALA, Licorice and Ginseng JUST TO GET THROUGH it.

The next few days  were totally D R A G G I N G  A S S bad. Then rekindling of negative thoughts that I had eradicated with the foc.us device years ago. (* look through my posts and you'll find these. BTW. I had an issue with my foc.us and they quickly responded with a solution in my mailbox in a couple days. Dave wanted to have them in the store or quarterlybox but the good people at foc.us were on massive backorder, so now they are SHUNNED by Bulletproof Ministries. Meh, whatever, I hacked my lifelong depression so it's all good)

I was wondering what the heck is going on? Why were these ampules doing nothing and making  me worse? SO I came back here to see the reviews. I remember this forum, at one time, was Pro Aprey Anti Ferriss, as was Dave. Now they're chums. Everyone was drinking from the koolaid and I didn't expect much. Reading through all the pages here, I was shocked. WOW, this stuff isn't working for a lot of people, and perhaps placebo at best. I mean If you spend $60 on something ($88 Canadian) IT BETTER/MUST work!

Jason, what you felt with all those boosters may have been the Beta Alanine that a lot of NO booster products are being spiked with because you can feel the annoying pins and needles. I found ASSAULT to be the WORST for this. Felt like I was going to die. That's why I've gone back to NOXplode. Cycle off and the intense focus and lifts come back and there is MUCH less beta alanine in there. I hate that ants crawling, niacin flush feeling.

Other things I tried were: Empty stomach vs Coconut oil, vs MCT oil vs, Brain Octane(last purchase of Brain Octane, I'll be changing brands).

First thing in the morning vs. last thing at night.

Colour and Distance perception: Cupping vs UA.

Ketosis vs Carbs

Carb types: HIGH GI vs complex

Results were similar across the board: UA FAILED to deliver.

Some here have experimented with Jarrow and Life Extension brands and I decided to order them. Very interesting result

After the "loading phase" of UA for 20days, obviously Jarrow or Life Extension would yield no results. I popped the Jarrow and in about 20 min, Cranial tingling, especially in the front. Waited a few days and tried the Life Extension. Same result, although I'm not sure which was stronger. I tried again cycling completely off of UA for a week. Day 1 UA - Nothing, Day 8 Yarrow - Tingling and focus, Day  15 LIfe Extension - Tingling and focus, Day 22 UA - Nothing.

The notion from Bulletproof Ministries Customer (lack of)Service that "Oh, your mitochondria must be working great and you must not need UA." simply do not pass the smell test. If that were the case, Yarrow and Life Extension formulas would have had no effect.

LIVID! Especially at the lack of results and the fact that the price is double what the others have, not to mention killing the ketosis.

I went back to the original vial. WHY DID THE SAMPLE WORK?  I still have all the vials and you can clearly see that the sample is a darker brown/greenish colour and the 'legit' version is a lighter orange-ochre colour. This leads me to question, are the formulas different? Was there an older, more effective formula and now the formula has changed? Are the sample vials the real deal and the ones we order diminished after we're hooked on smack?

So this is my last dip into the Ministry's koolaid.

I've looked at the other products and found that a lot of them are just white label products slapped with the Bulletproof Ministries logo. NOW MCT is C8 and C10 in a glass bottle and half the price. MickeyT and Viva labs make a C8 with verifiable sources, again for cheaper than Brain Octane.Bulletproof member made my Bulletproof vibe and it's awesome, with more features and can be used for grounding/earthing, cheaper by $500.

Stuff mentioned on the podcasts may have some validity but do your due diligence and look into it. $13 for a bar is crazy, get some real food instead.

Check out some of Kiefer's hilarious rants on Body.io. Sadly, he may be right.

This entire post is Un-edited so may have tons of mistakes, and was written on TruBrain single shot that I'm testing. TruBrain seems to be better, but still not close to the SuperHD of old.  I'll actually be surprised if this actually gets posted.

**Just to note, Instant Cordyceps, Ciltep, Modafinil ...etc NEVER did anything for me. The Highest cognitive boost came from Cellucor SuperHD (old version), like frikin ADDERALL amped up. The ingredients say 250mg of Huperzine A but I think this was a typo and must actually by 250MCG.

If anyone is interested I will photograph and post the difference in the Vials.

If you're going to try UA, make sure that you get tons of samples and the conference or something. The commercial version did not work for me, and many others.

If you really need to boost your mitochondria, there are plenty of ways to do it. John Brisson's book might be a good one to look into. John Gray's advice on Youtube is great (just ignore the awkward and sudden pitch for UA at the end).

REALLY dissapointed.

Working on making my wallet bulletproof.

As soon as my Pavlok arrives. I'll use it to zap myself anytime I think of ordering from the ministry. (Ironically Dave is a Pavlok backer, but you get my drift)

**** - this must be where the trubrain started to wear off. ~ 45min- 1hr?  I'll stick with NOXplode when not in ketosis and huperzine A when I am.

Listen to podcast 126 where shoemaker grills Dave re Glutathione. ~40min mark. "Where's the data? Where's the data?" When Dave is using x, y, z, etc Plus Glutathione, how do we really know his version of glutathione is effective?

• edited May 2016

For those not experiencing anything from UA; I've never tried it, but I have tried 100mg Ubiquinol + 10mg PQQ and felt not much at all.

Then I read up a little more on PQQ and read some negative experiences with it.

This had me curious about ubiquinol again and tried reexperimenting with it solely.

I felt a noticeable effect from the ubiquinol alone, hard to explain it but it felt like my brain was transmitting signals to my nerves faster (faster reaction time) and a boost in physical energy; I could play metal cleaner and at a higher tempo and more energy in the gym.

What the hell was going on? I think the PQQ may have been having a negative effect and thus cancelling out the boost from ubiquinol creating a perceived net effect of close to 0.

Bottom line: try ubiquinol by itself and see what happens. It's pretty much a staple lunch sup for me now, no more PQQ.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram