Unfair Advantage User Experience

12345679»

Comments

• Excellent point Star Chaser.

I did notice what you mention with the LIfe Extension version that has shalajit in it. Life Extension Super Ubiquinol Coq10 with Biopqq

I also noticed that my sleep was much better with that version.

I think that the shalajit may also aid in that "cleansing" effect.

• Yeah I did notice that the color of UA changed after a while, and it did seem to get less noticeable. Haven't bought it or anything from Bulletproof for a while.

If long time customers like us aren't buying this stuff anymore, who is?
  • Good point.

A sucker is born every minute I guess.

Look at the reviews on Amazon re the bars.

"you get what you pay for." and " if you want quality ..." etc.

Remember the Ed Hardy jackets that people were saying are better quality because the hood strings were braided?

??

It's probably the same sheeple.

I remember a long time ago, Dave's (now) long time friend Ferriss said, "Don't EVER buy a protein bar. They're just glorified snickers bars sprinkled with a little protein powder." Now we have Bulletproof bars that cost about the same as a decent grass fed meal. It's a marketing machine.

Looking on Amazon the UA has a sales rank of #2210 in health and personal care...supplements (scroll down to product details). So it's not really that popular.

I returned the last 3 vials to Amazon and got a full refund.

Here's a tip: If you're a prime member you can easily return anything within 45 days, even if you use the whole thing. This doesn't work with the Bulletproof store or Natural Stacks store.So if the product is crap, Amazon will protect you (in most cases).

If there is something in Dave's Quarterly box you really can't live without, you can always buy the box well after the release from the "best of quarterly" as Dave's boxes don't really sell out. I quickly backed out of one of his boxes when it was leaked that it would include ghee that sells on Amazon for some ridiculous amount. Hey, just take Kerry Gold and melt it down and save some money.

• genao87genao87 ✭✭

My Honest  review of Bulletproof Unfair Advantage.

I've been looking through all the posts in this thread only AFTER purchasing the Unfair Advantage and using it for a month.

These are my views only and YMMV.

I DID have a subscription to Dave's Quarterly and one of the boxes had a few samples of Unfair Advantage. Quarterly also sent me a Biohacker something something box with stuff from Ben Greenfield, Ferriss, Starrett etc. This also had some Unfair Advantage.

About a month ago I was cleaning up and found the boxes and noticed the samples from BulletProof Ministries with the new Stained-Glass window Dove/Phoneix/Bird logo. "Ah great, more Kool-Aid," I thought. There was a bit of controversy over the Quarterly box as the UA was already expired before the boxes were even packed. (Thank you Dave for your attention to detail. Perhaps the packers should have received some UA, or perhaps they were already on some.)

Reluctantly I decided I'd pop the vial (probably made of BPA and Phthalates , and even if it isn't, these are only two of thousands of plastics that have estrogentic effects on us. Please look up CBC the Nature of Things Programmed to be fat. http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/programmed-to-be-fat)*ginseng is available in glass ampules.

I downed the ampule, not expecting much.

I gotta say. I was BLOWN AWAY!!

I felt the tingling in the forehead, as if pituitary or third-eye was activating. I had INTENSE focus for about 5 hours and got more done that Saturday afternoon than I had in months.

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!!

So I ordered some off Amazon. Why Amazon? Well, the reviews were good and it ended up being cheaper than off the Bulletproof site, even with the discounts and such. (Remember that on Amazon the price in the Buy box, is not the only price available, scroll down and you can find other sellers, sometimes for cheaper. Amazon rotates these sellers every 15min)

The month supply arrived in two days and I decided to start on a Monday. VERY excited at all that I would accomplish! First thing I noticed is that the colour of the liquid is lighter (yes shaken vigorously for the samples and the 'legit' ampules) Next thing I noticed it is A LOT sweeter. So much so that it knocked me out of ketosis. No, matter, I'll study, workout, get back on track, I thought and waited.

Nothing.

Next day I took two Ampules

Nothing.

Next day I took two x two Ampules.

Nada, zip, zilch and totally out of ketosis now.

Oh and the HUNGER. OMG. HUNGER for total kryptonite foods. POP tarts, and koolaid and jams. Mostly sticky sticky sweet stuff.

The following day I decided to take two ampules on an empty stomach with water and 1TBSP Brain Ocatane. I can usually work (very physical) for about 5 - 8 hours without any fuel other than a bit of salt and water, and I don't have time to make rest stops. So this was going to be the litmus test as NOXplode and SuperHD seemed to kickbutt for hours, extreme mental focus and speed. The results with UA were dismal. I HAD to drive home and refuel with 3000mg of effervescent Vitamin C (REDOXON), 600mg of ALA, Licorice and Ginseng JUST TO GET THROUGH it.

The next few days  were totally D R A G G I N G  A S S bad. Then rekindling of negative thoughts that I had eradicated with the foc.us device years ago. (* look through my posts and you'll find these. BTW. I had an issue with my foc.us and they quickly responded with a solution in my mailbox in a couple days. Dave wanted to have them in the store or quarterlybox but the good people at foc.us were on massive backorder, so now they are SHUNNED by Bulletproof Ministries. Meh, whatever, I hacked my lifelong depression so it's all good)

I was wondering what the heck is going on? Why were these ampules doing nothing and making  me worse? SO I came back here to see the reviews. I remember this forum, at one time, was Pro Aprey Anti Ferriss, as was Dave. Now they're chums. Everyone was drinking from the koolaid and I didn't expect much. Reading through all the pages here, I was shocked. WOW, this stuff isn't working for a lot of people, and perhaps placebo at best. I mean If you spend $60 on something ($88 Canadian) IT BETTER/MUST work!

Jason, what you felt with all those boosters may have been the Beta Alanine that a lot of NO booster products are being spiked with because you can feel the annoying pins and needles. I found ASSAULT to be the WORST for this. Felt like I was going to die. That's why I've gone back to NOXplode. Cycle off and the intense focus and lifts come back and there is MUCH less beta alanine in there. I hate that ants crawling, niacin flush feeling.

Other things I tried were: Empty stomach vs Coconut oil, vs MCT oil vs, Brain Octane(last purchase of Brain Octane, I'll be changing brands).

First thing in the morning vs. last thing at night.

Colour and Distance perception: Cupping vs UA.

Ketosis vs Carbs

Carb types: HIGH GI vs complex

Results were similar across the board: UA FAILED to deliver.

Some here have experimented with Jarrow and Life Extension brands and I decided to order them. Very interesting result

After the "loading phase" of UA for 20days, obviously Jarrow or Life Extension would yield no results. I popped the Jarrow and in about 20 min, Cranial tingling, especially in the front. Waited a few days and tried the Life Extension. Same result, although I'm not sure which was stronger. I tried again cycling completely off of UA for a week. Day 1 UA - Nothing, Day 8 Yarrow - Tingling and focus, Day  15 LIfe Extension - Tingling and focus, Day 22 UA - Nothing.

The notion from Bulletproof Ministries Customer (lack of)Service that "Oh, your mitochondria must be working great and you must not need UA." simply do not pass the smell test. If that were the case, Yarrow and Life Extension formulas would have had no effect.

LIVID! Especially at the lack of results and the fact that the price is double what the others have, not to mention killing the ketosis.

I went back to the original vial. WHY DID THE SAMPLE WORK?  I still have all the vials and you can clearly see that the sample is a darker brown/greenish colour and the 'legit' version is a lighter orange-ochre colour. This leads me to question, are the formulas different? Was there an older, more effective formula and now the formula has changed? Are the sample vials the real deal and the ones we order diminished after we're hooked on smack?

So this is my last dip into the Ministry's koolaid.

I've looked at the other products and found that a lot of them are just white label products slapped with the Bulletproof Ministries logo. NOW MCT is C8 and C10 in a glass bottle and half the price. MickeyT and Viva labs make a C8 with verifiable sources, again for cheaper than Brain Octane.Bulletproof member made my Bulletproof vibe and it's awesome, with more features and can be used for grounding/earthing, cheaper by $500.

Stuff mentioned on the podcasts may have some validity but do your due diligence and look into it. $13 for a bar is crazy, get some real food instead.

Check out some of Kiefer's hilarious rants on Body.io. Sadly, he may be right.

This entire post is Un-edited so may have tons of mistakes, and was written on TruBrain single shot that I'm testing. TruBrain seems to be better, but still not close to the SuperHD of old.  I'll actually be surprised if this actually gets posted.

**Just to note, Instant Cordyceps, Ciltep, Modafinil ...etc NEVER did anything for me. The Highest cognitive boost came from Cellucor SuperHD (old version), like frikin ADDERALL amped up. The ingredients say 250mg of Huperzine A but I think this was a typo and must actually by 250MCG.

If anyone is interested I will photograph and post the difference in the Vials.

If you're going to try UA, make sure that you get tons of samples and the conference or something. The commercial version did not work for me, and many others.

If you really need to boost your mitochondria, there are plenty of ways to do it. John Brisson's book might be a good one to look into. John Gray's advice on Youtube is great (just ignore the awkward and sudden pitch for UA at the end).

REALLY dissapointed.

Working on making my wallet bulletproof.

As soon as my Pavlok arrives. I'll use it to zap myself anytime I think of ordering from the ministry. (Ironically Dave is a Pavlok backer, but you get my drift)

**** - this must be where the trubrain started to wear off. ~ 45min- 1hr?  I'll stick with NOXplode when not in ketosis and huperzine A when I am.

Listen to podcast 126 where shoemaker grills Dave re Glutathione. ~40min mark. "Where's the data? Where's the data?" When Dave is using x, y, z, etc Plus Glutathione, how do we really know his version of glutathione is effective?

One question to you,  did you try the new version of Cellucor Super HD?   If so does it work for you as the old version did?  know where I can find the old version? 

• I haven't tried the newer version of SuperHD for two reasons: There are about 120 caps per bottle and that lasts about a year if you're not using for daily bodybuilding regimen and just cognitive increase. The newer one had just come out when I last ordered and I noticed that the newer one has Maltodextrin in it. I prefer not to have maltodextrin as it will knock me out of ketosis. Other than that they seem to be very similar. I've put the old and new formulas below.

Please note that these are for the caps and not the powder. For powders, I like NOXplode because it doesn't have a ton of Beta Alanine in it and it works! NOXplode used be be really popular years ago, but you know how social is. Gym rats steered to other shinier objects.  I tried C4 and GATT and Assault, but that creepy tingling feeling all over the body, earlobes, scrot, does nothing but take me out of the game. How many kettlebell swings can you do in perfect form when there are hundreds of red ants crawling around your balls?

Where to get it?

If you buy stuff from bodybuilding.com, they have these sample packs of SuperHD. 10 pills in a small box like Excel gum. Otherwise use Amazon or eBay. I believe there are a few "stores" that have a wholesale account with cellucor and liquidate their wares on Amazon or eBay for just a little more than cost.

On eBay you can look at the photo and easily determine if you are getting the new or old one. Amazon, I'm not sure.

If you have no problem with maltodextrin, I guess the new one should be fine.

As far as the fat sculpting claims: No pill has ever worked, none ever will. SuperHD, however, does seem to be the closest to ECA stack of old.

Lots of mood enhancers and nootropics in this blend. I still have a real hard time believing that there is 2.5mg of Huperzine A in each cap. All the other Huperzine A caps are 200mCg in the same price category. If it's true, it's probably a better buy than huperzine alone.

As with all fatburners/nootropics if you use them daily, the tolerance is around 10 days, so take the weekend off, or use when you're dog-tired and need energy or exam time.

Appetite suppression on SuperHD and NOXplode is very good. There is Corn in NOXPlode so it will take you out of ketosis if that's a concern.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016

I don't know why* pharmaceutical & supplement companies continue to use titanium dioxide for coloring.

There's no need for it...whether it's 'bad' for you or not...just seems better to drop it i would have thought.

* just an expression. I probably do know why

fake it till you make it

• I don't know why* pharmaceutical & supplement companies continue to use titanium dioxide for coloring.

There's no need for it...whether it's 'bad' for you or not...just seems better to drop it i would have thought.

* just an expression. I probably do know why

My supplements must be pink with gold sparkles and smell like sunshine or I will not buy.

"Men are more easily wooed by imagination then by science" - Will Durant

Instagram

• genao87genao87 ✭✭

I haven't tried the newer version of SuperHD for two reasons: There are about 120 caps per bottle and that lasts about a year if you're not using for daily bodybuilding regimen and just cognitive increase. The newer one had just come out when I last ordered and I noticed that the newer one has Maltodextrin in it. I prefer not to have maltodextrin as it will knock me out of ketosis. Other than that they seem to be very similar. I've put the old and new formulas below.

Please note that these are for the caps and not the powder. For powders, I like NOXplode because it doesn't have a ton of Beta Alanine in it and it works! NOXplode used be be really popular years ago, but you know how social is. Gym rats steered to other shinier objects.  I tried C4 and GATT and Assault, but that creepy tingling feeling all over the body, earlobes, scrot, does nothing but take me out of the game. How many kettlebell swings can you do in perfect form when there are hundreds of red ants crawling around your balls?

Where to get it?

If you buy stuff from bodybuilding.com, they have these sample packs of SuperHD. 10 pills in a small box like Excel gum. Otherwise use Amazon or eBay. I believe there are a few "stores" that have a wholesale account with cellucor and liquidate their wares on Amazon or eBay for just a little more than cost.

On eBay you can look at the photo and easily determine if you are getting the new or old one. Amazon, I'm not sure.

If you have no problem with maltodextrin, I guess the new one should be fine.

As far as the fat sculpting claims: No pill has ever worked, none ever will. SuperHD, however, does seem to be the closest to ECA stack of old.

Lots of mood enhancers and nootropics in this blend. I still have a real hard time believing that there is 2.5mg of Huperzine A in each cap. All the other Huperzine A caps are 200mCg in the same price category. If it's true, it's probably a better buy than huperzine alone.

As with all fatburners/nootropics if you use them daily, the tolerance is around 10 days, so take the weekend off, or use when you're dog-tired and need energy or exam time.

Appetite suppression on SuperHD and NOXplode is very good. There is Corn in NOXPlode so it will take you out of ketosis if that's a concern.

i see man,  Adderall amped like Focus/Concentration and cognitive boost....that is quite the claim.   i bought one anyway from Vitamin Shoppe.   

how long did it take you for results?  is it one pill you took or did you take two?

• Yeah, it is quite a claim and I wasn't expecting it at all. I was just using it as a fat burner but I noticed that the focus was crazy.

There was a girl that worked for cellucor that posted a video on youtube stating the same.

I'm really sensitive to caffeine and it gives me a headache (even the anhydrous caffeine in pills, so much for the mycotoxin theory). I usually take one pill and wait about 30 min. With super hd it's not a sudden onset feeling like it is with NOXplode or other nitric oxide boosters.  I've also used it for shift work and jet lag.

As far as ab sculpting - meh. Only diet can fix that.

Were you able to get an older one or the Gen4 version?

If you do a lot of coffee or already use nootropics, you may not feel anything. I did notice that if I took this (or any of the racetam family) for more then 10 days, the effects were greatly reduced. Also, if i've been pushing booster after booster the body was just too worn out.  Same thing with adderall. WARNING: just like with adderall and caffeine withdrawal ... IT SUCKS!! Headaches, weird moods etc. Look in 4hrbody how it took Ferriss 6 or 8 months to get off boosters. (I don't know what was worse, adderall withdrawal or ECA withdrawal)

That all being said, I would just use when you're studying or lifting ( or shift work)

• genao87genao87 ✭✭

i took 1  and nothing after 30 minutes...i decided to take 2...lets see what happens..   :)  though i feel it is not going to work on me.   i do take nootropics and such..also a coffee junkie.   i havent taken nootropics in  a while though.

• I wonder if you try ALA and choline there would be a difference.

I think I may be burnt out on nootropics too.

Magnesium might also help.

I did try the superhd again today.  My version doesn't have the maltodextrin. it took about 40 minutes to kick in. It's still there, but less pronounced than before.

• Is anyone still taking Unfair Advantage and noticing a positive difference?

• I did have a positive difference with UA.

Amazon refunded the product and during the 20 days, the difference in the CAD and USD had changed enough that I gained some money in the refund.

As for the Ampules, NOTHING.

If you're really really unhealthy, perhaps it might help. But there are much cheaper alternatives out there. Look up PQQ and CoQ10 on Amazon. Lots to choose from in New Zealand.

• So I take ubiquinol daily -- 100 to 200mg. 

Is UA still recommended?

And, can it be used daily?