Segregating Food Groups

This has occasionally popped into my mind - is there any value to segregating food groups, e.g. only eating veggies or meat in one sitting? Could piling a chunk of steak, veggies and a starch lead to any kind of metabolic/digestive confusion in your body? 

Of course fat is essential for proper nutrient absorption, so I suppose we should exclude that "food group" and essentially ask, is there any sense in allowing your body to work on meat (or protein such as cheese/dairy) and veggies/fruit separately?

Comments

• cheese and most dairy are orange/red zone on Bulletproof. Fat goes well with veg and meat. In fact, many nutrients in veggies, and in meat, are fat soluble. So pairing them with fat is a good thing.

A number of people have found that keeping fat and green zone carbs (sweet potatoes/rice) separate seems to produce good results. Especially on refeed days. bjjcaveman addressed this at one point, and I feel that it is a valid point. 

This has occasionally popped into my mind - is there any value to segregating food groups, e.g. only eating veggies or meat in one sitting? Could piling a chunk of steak, veggies and a starch lead to any kind of metabolic/digestive confusion in your body? 

Of course fat is essential for proper nutrient absorption, so I suppose we should exclude that "food group" and essentially ask, is there any sense in allowing your body to work on meat (or protein such as cheese/dairy) and veggies/fruit separately?

• I think there is a value to eating fruit by itself, or at least eating fruit at the beginning of a meal. It doesn't seem to sit well with me if I have it at the end of a meal.