Aniracetam

SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
edited September 2014 in Cognitive Performance

I'm about to pull the trigger on some Aniracetam. I've been meaning to try out some new smart drugs for a while, and have decided that Aniracetam may help me with my writing/productivity. It seems less risky to me than Modafinil, anyway.

I've read pretty much all of the threads on Aniracetam on this forum, have read a little elsewhere (who am I kidding, this neurochemistry stuff is effing GREEK to me) and I still feel a little nervous. The idea of playing with my brain chemistry is a bit scary. I tried Piracetam more than a year ago and felt pretty much nothing, even after a few weeks of use (different dosages, with and without choline, etc).

Are there any risks I've overlooked? Is Aniracetam going to stress my adrenals? Spike my blood pressure?

A lot of the threads on Aniracetam are older. Is anyone here still taking it? How long have you been on it and what's it been like for you? Would love to hear about your (recent) experiences with the stuff!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

Comments

• I take it - pretty much daily.  I don't know if it stresses the adrenals but when I feel the fatigue coming I stop all the racetams.  If I had to guess, it is the hard studying that stresses the adrenals more than the racetams themselves.  

I can't tell you exactly what Aniracetam does to me but I know that Im much more likely to be in flow when I study with it.  I've used a lot of different stacks permuting Piracetam, Aniracetam and the choline sources - my favorite currently is PAO (piracetam 1.6g, anircetam 750mg and oxiracetam 800mg)

• I can definitely co-sign pizzabagel's assertion that it's the hard studying that stresses the adrenals first and foremost.  When I was studying Japanese a few years ago, I hadn't even heard of any of this stuff and certainly wasn't taking any of it.  At that time I had horrible adrenal fatigue every day after class.  I still get it now, but not to that degree, and I think the difference is the comprehensive supplementation and eating the right stuff (most of the time).  

I hate reading "straighten out your diet and exercise and base supplements before you start a racetam blah blah blah" as much as anybody else but I think that's probably the best and most sound advice to take.  I certainly notice it.  I don't really like to eat for whatever reason, and I often feel like shit even on all these great supplements I have.  I take Aniracetam daily, have never taken it by itself, but it is definitely no fighter pilot crank that is going to fix a terrible night's sleep and turn your brain into a heat seeking laser beam or something.  Just saying that because you had concerns it might be Modafinil-ish.  

Point being, you've got nothing to lose unless you treat it as anything besides the metaphorical cherry on top (a really nice one at that) of the correct foundation for what you're trying to accomplish.

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited September 2014

ありがとう, ã‚¹ãƒ†ã‚£ãƒ¼ãƒ´--さん~~

I appreciate the insight, guys!

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

• You will like the effects if you like having mental clarity lol.

My only caveat has been learning at times of high stress less is more(as high stress I will just say fast paced work environment). I can and have taken 750mg morning and lunch, but reached a point where my end day(12-14 hours in) that I would get tension headache in the base of my skull or neck. Upon lowering to 750mg in the morning and only taking every other day or two on one off that no longer happens. After cycling off aniracetam I can ramp it up again when I start, taking daily for about a week or two, then need to dial it back to a single dose.

• I take it - pretty much daily.  I don't know if it stresses the adrenals but when I feel the fatigue coming I stop all the racetams.  If I had to guess, it is the hard studying that stresses the adrenals more than the racetams themselves.  

I can't tell you exactly what Aniracetam does to me but I know that Im much more likely to be in flow when I study with it.  I've used a lot of different stacks permuting Piracetam, Aniracetam and the choline sources - my favorite currently is PAO (piracetam 1.6g, anircetam 750mg and oxiracetam 800mg)

Quick question for you. When you started with all 3 how long were the dosage you started with? Right now I'm on week 3 of my dosage. 

Piracetam -1.250g 

Aniracetam 500mg 

No choline since I don't get any head aches. I take my dosage in the morning, and at night when I have to study? Last night I was thinking of ordering Oxiracetam since this stack is not working right. How long do you think i should stick with these 2 things before adding Oxiracetam? I know it takes time for it to kick in should I wait? If I do wait what should my next dosage be before saying it's not working and adding Oxiracetam to the mix? 

DemonofChouka 

trust me this is all new to me too. I been lost the couple of months trying to figure out dosage when i first started. I kind of know a little bit now about stacking. 

@pizzabagel just let me know what you think about my question, and if I should stick this stack for a while and should I increase the dosage .. 

Thanks,

• I like aniracetam but hate it in powder form - it doesn't blend with water, or mct oil and tastes terrible.  Not much I can do to mask the flavor.

It's better in pill form, but more expensive.  

I purchased a bottle of capsules from Smart Drugs For Thought. Eagerly anticipating its arrival (hasn't shipped yet, unfortunately).

Do you guys just take 750mg in the mornings with a BPC?

• Pretty much.  When I started I was mixing powder in the blender with BPC.  Good luck.

I purchased a bottle of capsules from Smart Drugs For Thought. Eagerly anticipating its arrival (hasn't shipped yet, unfortunately).

Do you guys just take 750mg in the mornings with a BPC?

• edited October 2014

This thread opened with some great replies. In short, aniracetam and other smart drugs can give you a huge boost (especially when you find the right ones for you and the right doses and ratios). You will likely be able to go much further and longer and harder, but the responsbility to rest is still left to you ... now that you're body's normal mechanisms for when to stop have been tampered with so to speak. For example, with my current stack, I have no physical desire to sleep until being awake for over 24 hours. Obviously, however, it's my responsibility to go to bed despite not being tired at the right time (I can still fall asleep within 10m. Just have no urge to do so).

The same goes for taking breaks throughout the day.

I feel this is the greater risk of smart drugs that no one talks about because it's indirect. In general, aniracetam can give you headaches or GI aches if the dose is too high. And you may or may not need to take choline with it. Aside from that, no long-term side-effects have been discovered. And once you get yourself figured out, there are no side-effects at all. You tend to only get the earlier mentioned ones when first working out how you need to take it.

Experiment with 2 big doses versus, 3 smaller doses closer together. I find both are useful for different situations.

Please remember to take aniracetam with fats for it to work fully for you. It is fat soluble.

Also consider using cambridge brain sciences website to test your results, not just a subjective check.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • @DemonofChouka: Try stacking the aniracetam with some phenylpiracetam in the afternoon since you are not getting a whole lot of sleep right now.  I will let you borrow my CES if you want.  It helped me out a lot when my son was born.  PM me your address if you are interested.

• Its harmless, stack with BPC for maximum effect. Then again you could be a non-responder, its only aniracetam. Its been over-hyped and won't turn you into a genius, but it made me more sociable and wittier, The short half life doesen't make it feasible. 

Still the old reliable despite the amount of new nootropics hitting the field.

So, I tried Aniracetam for the first time today. Shortly after taking it with a Bulletproof coffee and some L-Theanine, I did feel a burst of clarity. Even as I write this, I feel pretty clearheaded. It didn't turn me into a demi-god or anything, but I look forward to experimenting with it a bit more in the days to come.

I've taken two capsules of 750mg today, about 2 or 3 hours apart. Tomorrow I may experiment by taking the two capsules together, sans L-Theanine. We'll see how that goes.

• So, I tried Aniracetam for the first time today. Shortly after taking it with a Bulletproof coffee and some L-Theanine, I did feel a burst of clarity. Even as I write this, I feel pretty clearheaded. It didn't turn me into a demi-god or anything, but I look forward to experimenting with it a bit more in the days to come.

I've taken two capsules of 750mg today, about 2 or 3 hours apart. Tomorrow I may experiment by taking the two capsules together, sans L-Theanine. We'll see how that goes.

That's great to hear. The research demonstrated some benefits such as improved memory only came around after 2 weeks of chronic use. But things like reduced anxiety, mental clarity and others were almost instant from the first dose. So it gets even better.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Well good for you that it's doing it's job... wait until you start to stack it...

• The amazon cap em quik is 30 bucks on amazon. Will save money if you buy powder + convenient and quick.