My Diet/workout Routine...advice Please? :)

Hi guys

I just wanted to get other people's opinions on my daily routine, to see if there are areas I could improve?

During the week my schedule looks like this:

7.30am: BP Coffee with Brain Octane Oil, Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, Collagen Protein, Chocolate Powder and Cacao Butter

1pm-2pm: Workout - Usually a HIIT class at my gym. I do this about 3 times per week at the moment but want to break it up and introduce heavy weight sessions as well.

2.15pm: BP Smoothie - Water, Brain Octane Oil, Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, Collagen Protein, Chocolate Powder and Cacao Butter with a little raw honey. The raw honey is to feed my muscles immediately after the workout.

2.30pm: I will either have a salad (avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, maybe some beetroot, carrots etc) with some kind of BP meat, or I will have a tin of organic sardines in olive oil.

7.30pm-8pm: I eat dinner once I'm home from work. This will usually consist of lightly steamed veg with a BP meat. Obviously this does change as I don't eat the same thing every day. I sometimes make stews or have a piece of fish etc.

My basic question is, should I incorporate whey protein into my routine, and are there extra things I could be doing to support my workouts during lunch?

I remember watching a video of Dave's explaining about IF and how you encourage muscle growth working out in a fasted state and then eating BP straight after. That was the gist of it anyway but I can't for the life of me find that video now. I remember one phrase he used that was about something 'bouncing back' stronger once you eat. I'm sure some of you on here will know what I'm talking about. Anyway, this is what I'm attempting to do with my routine above.

I also take 2 x krill oil pills once a day and a nootropic stack consisting of MN NeuroPrime, MN Citicoline, MN ALCAR and MN Pramiracetam.

Comments

• It's a mix of things, depending on the class that day. Generally consists of functional movements, body weight exercises, kettlebells etc. The gym I go to is http://www.gymbox.com/Classes. Checkout the Farringdon gym and take a look at some of their classes to get a sense of what I'm doing.

• edited October 2014

My energy levels are fine during the training and I've felt my fitness levels increase substantially in just 1 week!

I've never come across the glucose/fructose ratio before, could you enlighten me? What would you suggest instead of the raw honey?

Also, is it worth using collagen protein in my morning coffee or would it be more beneficial at night? Would whey protein work better instead in my post workout drink?

Thanks! :)

• Jason, thank you very much for your reply!

As it happens, I already swapped the honey for coconut water in my post workout smoothie today so we'll see how that goes.

I was looking at the bulletproof whey, wow it's expensive! It is in the UK anyway. It's benefits sound great though, I'm just wondering if anything else out there can match it, or if it is just marketing hype. I saw the other thread on protein and there are a couple of good alternative suggestions there just wondering if they really match up.