Pork Chop Fat

What is everyone's thoughts on eating "pastured" or "organic pastured" pork chops?

What about the the fat/juice from pork chops?

Can we use the leftover fat/juice for soup/broth?

How BP is this?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

-Einstein

Comments

• Even the best pig is being supplemented with feed.  I still eat it but its a guilty pleasure.

• According to Tim Ferriss who studied the people of Okinawa Japan, who have the longest average lifespan of any group on earth. They apparently eat a ton of fatty pork and do extremely well.

I would believe any meat source that eats what it is meant to eat would be better than no meat. The larger the animal the better.

Anyone know of a good source for elephant?
  • These observations are of no inferential relevance.  A decade ago, all the health experts wrote about how these same people consumed a lot of soy - today soy is considered a health food by mainstream America because we don't know how to think critically about these things.

According to Tim Ferriss who studied the people of Okinawa Japan, who have the longest average lifespan of any group on earth. They apparently eat a ton of fatty pork and do extremely well.

• True enough but the okinawans don't eat soy. Tons of veggies (both land and sea), sweet potato (purple) and fatty pork. Sounds good to me.
  • Sounds good to me too - this made me hungry.

True enough but the okinawans don't eat soy. Tons of veggies (both land and sea), sweet potato (purple) and fatty pork. Sounds good to me.