Favorite Meat Snacks

I am looking for some meat snacks - not necessarily jerky (as it gets kind of dry to me).... But like ready to eat sticks/sausage... Anyone have any on line suppliers they can recommend to me? 

As for ingredients: No sugar, honey, or sweeteners of any kind... Or dairy for that matter too! (and grass-fed/finished but of course!)

Thanks in advance! I typically order from North Star Bison but her sausages have honey in them! :( 

Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2014

I sometimes snack on a can of Sardines/Salmon -- but only when I'm at home the whole day or else I breath fish on everyone for an hour :)

Sushi is probably the most bulletproof meat snack but it doesn't have that great savory taste. I sometimes sip a cup of grass-fed bone broth from the Paleo Cafe as a snack. It's savory, meaty and filling besides for being a drink.

Remember though -- these processed meats have high histamine content (even bone broth and canned sardines/salmon). Take it easy on them even though they say grass-fed and organic. Sausages often contain loads of spices that you never see as well as garlic, and have a big impact on me personally.

Here's how I would rank them on a bulletproof scale:

1. Sushi (I feel great)

2. Canned Sardines/Salmon (I usually feel great but not always)

3. Jerky/Biltong with salt/chilli flavouring

4. Bone Broth

5. Sausages/Jerky/Biltong with mixed spices (I instantly feel sluggish and slow)

• riggykriggyk
    edited October 2014

Epic Bars.... 

100% grass fed grass finished animals.. I eat mainly beef, but they also have bison,lamb, and turkey as well.

All natural ingredients and seem to me to be about the closest thing you can get to a bulletproof beef bar on the go. -- I eat them often as I travel a lot for work and literally bring them everywhere as they're super easy to stuff in a bag and have about 13G Protein per serving. -- This and Lindt is my go to meal on the road.

I'm in a wedding this weekend so I'll be purchasing a box of these to bring with me!

Tanka bars are close but I contacted the company and they are not completely grass fed/finished. 

• I sometimes snack on a can of Sardines/Salmon -- but only when I'm at home the whole day or else I breath fish on everyone for an hour :)

Sushi is probably the most bulletproof meat snack but it doesn't have that great savory taste. I sometimes sip a cup of grass-fed bone broth from the Paleo Cafe as a snack. It's savory, meaty and filling besides for being a drink.

Remember though -- these processed meats have high histamine content (even bone broth and canned sardines/salmon). Take it easy on them even though they say grass-fed and organic. Sausages often contain loads of spices that you never see as well as garlic, and have a big impact on me personally.

Here's how I would rank them on a bulletproof scale:

1. Sushi (I feel great)

2. Canned Sardines/Salmon (I usually feel great but not always)

3. Jerky/Biltong with salt/chilli flavouring

4. Bone Broth

5. Sausages/Jerky/Biltong with mixed spices (I instantly feel sluggish and slow)

THANK YOU for this and I could not agree more! These meat snacks are not for me, but for a very picky person... He is not a very good eater, so anything outside of his Chick-Fill-A habit is healthy in my book, LOL!!! But thank you, I don't think he would go for canned fish - EVEN THOUGH I ADORE IT - but at least he likes sushi! ;) 

• Epic Bars.... 

100% grass fed grass finished animals.. I eat mainly beef, but they also have bison,lamb, and turkey as well.

All natural ingredients and seem to me to be about the closest thing you can get to a bulletproof beef bar on the go. -- I eat them often as I travel a lot for work and literally bring them everywhere as they're super easy to stuff in a bag and have about 13G Protein per serving. -- This and Lindt is my go to meal on the road.

I'm in a wedding this weekend so I'll be purchasing a box of these to bring with me!

Tanka bars are close but I contacted the company and they are not completely grass fed/finished. 

I am going to pick up a few of these and test them on my "speciman" - LOL!!!!!!! But I mean, you're a guy and you approve, so he better too! ;) 

• I was going to recommend Epic bars, but you said no sugar. So...

• riggykriggyk
    edited October 2014

I am going to pick up a few of these and test them on my "speciman" - LOL!!!!!!! But I mean, you're a guy and you approve, so he better too! ;)

Go for it. -- They taste just as good as any other beef jerky I've had. Slightly drier but the taste is there.

A little bit of sugar from trace Cherries and Walnuts most likely not BP, but they're both minimal in the bar.

Best option IMHO

• I've tried 3 epic bars.  they were the opposite of tasty.  Sticking with homemade jerky.  I don't dry mine out completely so its still got chewiness.

• I've tried 3 epic bars.  they were the opposite of tasty.  Sticking with homemade jerky.  I don't dry mine out completely so its still got chewiness.

Have you tried the beef? -- Those seem to be the only kind I like.

The rest are a bit "meh".

• Some of my favorite meat snacks are:
    Cola Pepper Beef Jerky
    salami sticks
    leeroy sausage
    there are many others, guess what I don't need to try new snacks much I have a monthly meat snacks subscription who deliver me delicious meaty stuff at my doorstep every month.