Four Minute Fat Blast Tabata Workout

Here's a four minute ass kicking, fat burning, body shaping tabata I'm doing today at home. Thought I'd throw it out there in case you're looking for some variety. What other workouts are you ladies doing?

Four minutes is all it takes (plus I don't think I could take more than four minutes of this). All out, leave nothing in the tank for twenty seconds. Rest for ten seconds.

What you need:

• Pull up bar (or something you can do pull ups on) or adjustable rings
  • Kettlebell

Do a dynamic stretching warm up. Then:

1. Chin up 0:20 Rest 0:10
  2. Air Squats 0:20 Rest 0:10
  3. Pull Up 0:20 Rest 0:10
  4. Split Jumps 0:20 Rest 0:10
  5. Neutral grip pull up (palms facing each other) 0:20 Rest 0:10
  6. Push Ups 0:20 Rest 0:10
  7. Kettlebell goblet squats 0:20 Rest 0:10
  8. Two-handed kettlebell swing 0:20 Rest 0:10

Four minutes of all-out intensity to scorch fat. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

No Fail Fat Burning for Women available on Amazon now!

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.

Comments

• I have been off exercise a few weeks, resting. But 4 minutes sounds interesting..  What happens during the 20 seconds of chin-ups/pull-ups- do I just do one slowly, or do a few?

• Anything to substitute for pull-ups?  I know nothing really substitutes but any suggestions?

Also can you recommend a NON impact tabata  or HIIT workout I could do in my apartment?

Also, I REALLY REALLY need to do more cardio (especially since I don't stay bulletproof often enough).  But, I don't like cardio (probably because it's a lot harder for me than strength training which means I need to do it even more).   I have a lot of stubborn fat (hips, thighs).  My ridiculous work schedule doesn't help matters.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you!!

Here's a four minute ass kicking, fat burning, body shaping tabata I'm doing today at home. Thought I'd throw it out there in case you're looking for some variety. What other workouts are you ladies doing?

Four minutes is all it takes (plus I don't think I could take more than four minutes of this). All out, leave nothing in the tank for twenty seconds. Rest for ten seconds.

What you need:

• Pull up bar (or something you can do pull ups on) or adjustable rings
    • Kettlebell

Do a dynamic stretching warm up. Then:

1. Chin up 0:20 Rest 0:10
    2. Air Squats 0:20 Rest 0:10
    3. Pull Up 0:20 Rest 0:10
    4. Split Jumps 0:20 Rest 0:10
    5. Neutral grip pull up (palms facing each other) 0:20 Rest 0:10
    6. Push Ups 0:20 Rest 0:10
    7. Kettlebell goblet squats 0:20 Rest 0:10
    8. Two-handed kettlebell swing 0:20 Rest 0:10

Four minutes of all-out intensity to scorch fat. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes!

• I have been off exercise a few weeks, resting. But 4 minutes sounds interesting..  What happens during the 20 seconds of chin-ups/pull-ups- do I just do one slowly, or do a few?

You go as hard as you can for as many repetitions for the 20 seconds. It should be the hardest four minutes of your life.

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.

• edited October 2014

Anything to substitute for pull-ups?  I know nothing really substitutes but any suggestions?

Also can you recommend a NON impact tabata  or HIIT workout I could do in my apartment?

Also, I REALLY REALLY need to do more cardio (especially since I don't stay bulletproof often enough).  But, I don't like cardio (probably because it's a lot harder for me than strength training which means I need to do it even more).   I have a lot of stubborn fat (hips, thighs).  My ridiculous work schedule doesn't help matters.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you!!

The last thing you should be doing if you want to lose body fat is chronic cardio or steady state cardio. For more on that, check out a post here. If you do any running it should be all-out sprints for no more than 20 mins. If you look at the workouts in the book, none of them are longer than 20 and the shortest is four minutes. I don't care how busy anyone is, they can make that kind of time if making your body fat adapted is truly a priority. Our actions determine our priorities after all. There's a gazillion low impact HIIT workouts you can google. Just remember low impact does not mean low intensity. These workouts are short because they are hard as hell. You gotta break a sweat.

If you want to burn fat, give your body the foods to help you do that. Exercise alone isn't going to do it. If pull ups aren't an option try renegade rows. Good luck. Make the choice today to take the wheel and make your wants a reality. You can do it.

• I was doing metabolic conditioning 3x per week w/ strength training 1-2x per week and I had to drop it because with my schedule (I work a lot of nights)  I was just getting so worn out.  Now I do calisthenics or yoga to do some activity and feel energized but not worn out and have just not done any cardio or HIIT (because I don't like it) but I will get back into it.  

The last thing you should be doing if you want to lose body fat is chronic cardio or steady state cardio. For more on that, check out a post here. If you do any running it should be all-out sprints for no more than 20 mins. If you look at the workouts in the book, none of them are longer than 20 and the shortest is four minutes. I don't care how busy anyone is, they can make that kind of time if making your body fat adapted is truly a priority. Our actions determine our priorities after all. There's a gazillion low impact HIIT workouts you can google. Just remember low impact does not mean low intensity. These workouts are short because they are hard as hell. You gotta break a sweat.

If you want to burn fat, give your body the foods to help you do that. Exercise alone isn't going to do it. If pull ups aren't an option try renegade rows. Good luck. Make the choice today to take the wheel and make your wants a reality. You can do it.

• Any suggestions on a good pull up bar to install at home?

• I found a pullup bar (https://www.perfectonline.com/product/multigympro)

Assembled it and put it up in a doorway. Was able to do ONE pull up, barely!

Can't wait to work on this tabata. Will let you all know how it goes.

• That's awesome! To work yourself up to getting unassisted pullups, you can loop a resistance band around the bar and put your foot in for extra help. Or, you can do negatives: Jump yourself into the top of the pullup position, squeeze and hold then slowly lower yourself down for a five count. Will get you very strong very fast.

• Karen GKaren G
    edited October 2014

I bought a pull up bar from Target this weekend.  I did not want to spend too much money in case I could not get on with it.  It has a resistance band with it (for which you are recommended to wear safety glasses :shock:) .  I can't pull myself up, but I can do one negative.  I realized how weak my core was.  I put a chair underneath it too to help me get up.  I have promised myself to do just one a day until I can do just one very well.

• Great workout!  Lots of modifications required, but at least I know what my baseline is.  Now off for my re-feed.