Sleep And Mct Oil

So excited there's a thread for women!

I was very excited to pick up ghee on my way home tonight.

I've been doing bulletproof coffee and IF.

I have been a bad sleeper for as long as I can remember.

My energy levels are great since doing this: stable moods, clarity no fog, my adult acne that I was told is hormonal that appeared right before my period has disappeared!

I seem to wake up at 5 AM like clockwork after 5 hours of sleep.  I wake up fairly alert but would love to get that extra hour of rest.

I'm wondering if I wake up because I'm 'hungry'?

I read in Sky St. John's book that before bed to make drink with collagen and MCT oil. I'm wondering if this will allow me to sleep that extra hour?

Has anyone experienced this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi.  I can't say I have tried this yet.  I also struggle with sleep (even before I started this)  but I find that magnesium helps me and if I really struggle I take a 5-HTP too.

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred
    80% of all sleep issues are digestion related. I'd look into that first. How's your thyroid and adrenals?

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I find that, reproducibly so, I can't get to sleep within about an hour of ingesting MCTs.  They rev me up.

• I have ask...how do I know if my adrenals or thyroid are okay?

I do eat dinner on the late side...by the time I get home I'm cooking dinner at 7:30 eating at 8!

I've been trying collagen in water before bed but I don't see any noticeable difference.

• Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred
    This is a pretty good explanation of a free at home test for thyroid and adtrenals.

http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-temperature-graph#intro

Print off the charts and start taking your temperature.

If you have an underlying problem, the collagen and Mct won't make much of a difference.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• I've been following Skye's advice from her book: magnesium + potassium + Omega 3 at night. And I make a drink of 1 tbl Upgraded Collagen, 1 tsp MCT, 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar and a bit of honey in tepid water. 

Used to take me a long time to fall asleep and I would wake in the night but the worst part is I would wake groggy in the morning.

ALL of that is gone. I'm sure it's not just the nighttime routine - it's following the entire protocol. Whatever it is - it's working!

I generally do wake up early to get my kids to school but on the weekends, I seem to sleep in longer, no problem.

I highly, highly recommend Skye's book. It's the BP way of life - for women.

• Thank you for the input! 

I'll try Skye's recipe and supplements and see how I feel.

Also taking my temp!!

I'll post my results!!

• So excited there's a thread for women!

I was very excited to pick up ghee on my way home tonight.

I've been doing bulletproof coffee and IF.

I have been a bad sleeper for as long as I can remember.

My energy levels are great since doing this: stable moods, clarity no fog, my adult acne that I was told is hormonal that appeared right before my period has disappeared!

I seem to wake up at 5 AM like clockwork after 5 hours of sleep.  I wake up fairly alert but would love to get that extra hour of rest.

I'm wondering if I wake up because I'm 'hungry'?

I read in Sky St. John's book that before bed to make drink with collagen and MCT oil. I'm wondering if this will allow me to sleep that extra hour?

Has anyone experienced this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

If the five hours of sleep you're getting is mostly Stage 3 & 4 sleep, you could be just fine. Only you will know if you're hungry when you wake up. Do you feel hungry when waking? You said your energy levels are great, you wake up fairly alert with no brain fog and your body wakes up like clockwork at the same time. What's the reason for wanting the extra hour?

Take your magnesium, potassium and omega 3's at night along with MCT and collagen. But most importantly, find out what kind of sleep quality you're getting. I'd suggest a guided sleep meditation before bed like meditation oasis or Pzizz. Or, a Brainwave binaural program with delta waves (those are the waves associated with deep sleep). Cut off blue lights a couple hours before going to bed (mostly from electronics). Replace bedroom light with red LED (see page 71 in the book about sleep).

Most of all, get a sleep monitor. I just started using one called Misfit Shine that you wear simply as a watch at night. Sync it to an app the next morning and it will tell you the length and quality of your deep sleep. Hope that helps. Keep on rocking!

No Fail Fat Burning for Women available on Amazon now!

Find out how I hacked my way to health, conquered PCOS, endometriosis, and lost 15% bodyfat in my forties.