Wealth-Hacking Mastermind (First Meet Today!)

If you're not in the loop, a couple of us bulletproofers are starting a 'mastermind' group for those of us that are serious about wealth hacking. 

As this group is new we'll be figuring the form and length of our meetings as we go along, but for now a small group of us have decided that it's a great idea to meet once every week or few weeks to keep each other accountable, share stories and challenges, get feedback, and provide each other support for our journeys in wealth-hacking. 

If you're interested, fantastic! We've got our first Google Hangout planned to take place in about a half hour (4pm London time) here: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gxz3a4vy3gf44xywlvs2fmtjlua

If you can't make this first meeting don't worry, just fill out this form that'll ask for your contact details and any suggestions you might have for the group, and we'll be in touch. 

Comments

• GarrettGarrett
    edited October 2014
    Have you considered reading "Richest Man In Babylon", by George Clason? Jim Rohn mentioned that that book helped him go from broke & in debt at age 25, to being a Millionaire by age 31.

His mentor, Earl Schoaff (known as The Millionaire Maker), strongly recommended he read that book. Which he did (the day he heard about it). And it made a tremendous difference in his life.

I can attest to that book having amazing principles & foundational materia to it. I'd highly recommend reading it, if you have not already. Also, the book "The Intelligent Investor" is the "bible" of the world's most successful investor - Warren Buffett. It would probably be a great cornerstone book to dive into, as well.

:-) Hope your MM goes well!
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Seconded! I love that book; its so basic and yet every other book I read is just rattling out the same ideas in the end.

From Arkad, the seven rules of increasing your wealth are:

1. Start thy purse to fattening
    2. Control thy expenditures
    3. Make thy gold multiply
    4. Guard thy treasures from loss
    5. Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment
    6. Insure a future income
    7. Increase thy ability to earn
  • GarrettGarrett
    edited October 2014
    Indeed!! And the achievement of any goal is just The Compound Effect of steps taken over time.

Also, if you attempt to make your gold multiply at a pace which seems unrealistic, it will often come back to bite you. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is :-)

Remember, a strong foundation is necessary for building your home - be it health, wealth, happiness.. what have you. If your foundation is crap, your house will fall like a deck of cards.

The best hack you can have for your wealth, is to simply adhere to the fundamentals, and do it over a sustained period of time.

Arkad's principles & fundamentals are sound. Very sound.

Why reinvent the wheel? :-)

Seconded! I love that book; its so basic and yet every other book I read is just rattling out the same ideas in the end.

From Arkad, the seven rules of increasing your wealth are:

• Start thy purse to fattening
    • Control thy expenditures
    • Make thy gold multiply
    • Guard thy treasures from loss
    • Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment
    • Insure a future income
    • Increase thy ability to earn
  • StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress

Amen!

After seeing your first post, it made me go and finish a blog post I had been writing for months about this very book. Thanks for the kick!

Nothing too new, but here it is anyway: http://www.thatstevenbaker.com/the-richest-man-in-babylon/

• edited October 2014

Think and Grow Rich was also very enlightening the first time I read it.  

These meetings are excellent.  They inspire and add plenty of healthy pressure to not come back the following meeting with your head down saying you sat on your hands all week.  :D

Maybe sometime down the road, if your group proves to show longevity, I'll figure out the skype/camera/google hangout tech and jump in.  I would think everything/any new idea/brilliant invention you put out on a format such a Google would not be very secure. (not that it matters, but still)

Seeing through the chaotic.
  • For ease of meeting scheduling, we should include a Timezone field in the inquiry form for this project.

Sorry, I'm not waking up for a 7:00am meeting on a Saturday... maybe next time!

• Awesome, Stevo!!! Booyeah!! :D I'll give it a read!

Also, something that everyone in the Master Mind might consider reading would be the books that Warren Buffett attributes to his great success. Because realistically, if you want to 'hack wealth', the fastest & most intelligent way would be to model the man who has consistently shown the greatest ability to turn money into more money, correct? That, combined with quality failure... 

The books that Warren recommends everyone reads - http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-favorite-business-books-2014-8?op=1

I think I'm going to find "The Intelligent Investor", even before being ready to get into investing. I feel that it'll shift the way I view the world, as a whole. Even with how I approach business. 

Amen!

After seeing your first post, it made me go and finish a blog post I had been writing for months about this very book. Thanks for the kick!

Nothing too new, but here it is anyway: http://www.thatstevenbaker.com/the-richest-man-in-babylon/

• Awesome, Stevo!!! Booyeah!! :D I'll give it a read!

Also, something that everyone in the Master Mind might consider reading would be the books that Warren Buffett attributes to his great success. Because realistically, if you want to 'hack wealth', the fastest & most intelligent way would be to model the man who has consistently shown the greatest ability to turn money into more money, correct? That, combined with quality failure... 

The books that Warren recommends everyone reads - http://www.businessinsider.com/warren-buffett-favorite-business-books-2014-8?op=1

I think I'm going to find "The Intelligent Investor", even before being ready to get into investing. I feel that it'll shift the way I view the world, as a whole. Even with how I approach business. 

Methods will vary. Learning from others is grand. But personally I put more faith in my own abilities than in the assumption anyone is offering the actual story, and not just something salesworthy. I've swam with the sharks as a business consultant for years, and am privvy to how many of them just like in their books, because they don't want to share their real secrets.

I learn many things from others. But I remain extremely jaded. Other shrewd individuals may find themselves with a similar stance.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • GarrettGarrett
    edited October 2014
    And there's validity in that. However, if someone has solid principles, and you can learn those (you can accept or reject them, if you want) which can help you out...

Warren Buffett doesn't need to sell you on anything. "The Intelligent Investor" was written by Benjamin Graham, and was written before Warren ever touched investing. Warren's reading of that book was what got him interested in investing, and taught him workable fundamentals for investing. So I fail to see the "salesworthy"-ness in it. He's not selling anything.

And you know what? Perhaps there are investment strategies & principles that are better than the ones that Warren picked up from Benjamin's book/tutelage. Perhaps it might be wise to consider that a book, one which isn't forcing you to read it.., might actually be worthy of being read.

Choose and act. If your methods are working better than Buffett's.. more power to you. If not..

"The book you don't read might cost you a fortune" Jim Rohn

Methods will vary. Learning from others is grand. But personally I put more faith in my own abilities than in the assumption anyone is offering the actual story, and not just something salesworthy. I've swam with the sharks as a business consultant for years, and am privvy to how many of them just like in their books, because they don't want to share their real secrets.

I learn many things from others. But I remain extremely jaded. Other shrewd individuals may find themselves with a similar stance.

• Have you considered reading "Richest Man In Babylon", by George Clason? Jim Rohn mentioned that that book helped him go from broke & in debt at age 25, to being a Millionaire by age 31.

His mentor, Earl Schoaff (known as The Millionaire Maker), strongly recommended he read that book. Which he did (the day he heard about it). And it made a tremendous difference in his life.

I can attest to that book having amazing principles & foundational materia to it. I'd highly recommend reading it, if you have not already. Also, the book "The Intelligent Investor" is the "bible" of the world's most successful investor - Warren Buffett. It would probably be a great cornerstone book to dive into, as well.

:smile: Hope your MM goes well!

So glad to see somebody else who is up on Jim Rohn's work.  He's had a profound impact on my life in every way and was a tremendous speaker with extraordinary presence and charisma.  I have every recording he ever released.  Richest Man in Babylon was terrific as well.