Budgeting Tech: Vibe Vs Chili Pad Vs Brain Tuner/neuroptimal Personal Trainer Bundle

So, I have a lot of bulletproof tech from Bulletproof, but the more expensive items I have not been able to purchase yet. Which items on there are the most important? Especially, when deal with the Whole Body Vibration Plate, Chili Pad cube, NeurOptimal Personal Trainer Bundle,

and Focus Brain Tuner. Maybe putting them in order from leats to greatest would be best and giving a short explination of why too. I am a 21 year guy.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

-Einstein

Comments

• If nobody else chimes in, there are existing of threads on these products that you can look up here. Personally, if you have a PC, the Focus Brain Trainer sounds best, IMHO. I know it's supposed to feel frustrating to do, but it looks cool to me - you see images of mountains, you don't have a controller to hold at all, but instead you learn to "move forward" thru the mountains if you get the correct part of your brain stimulated). The results sound pretty promising to me, too.

Since you're so young, I'd guess (and I am not an expert) that the vibe plate might be a relative waste of your time and money compared to the rest. I suggest you look it up,  but I think the advantages for that are things that a 21 year old naturally has a lot of. 

• edited October 2014

I'm personally most tempted by the vibe (though i wish you could adjust amount of vibration).  I don't think you need the vibe or any of the other things, especially at 21 yo.  The vibration plate is so invigorating.  I love it but don't own one (just tried it).

I'm not sure how much I buy into the brain training (but my exposure is very limited).  I would lean more to the Chili Pad and Vibration Plate but again I don't think you need them being so young.  Are you trying to specifically improve something?  I would spend that money on reading more and traveling or other activities. 

• My main focus in life is probably to improve my brain function, but I feel that all ties into my sleep and excercise some. I hardly do any excercise other than yoga poses and playing wiht my dog in the yard a bit every day, but I eat a very strict bulletproof diet light cooking/no cooking, protein fasting, and the whole 9 yards. I already read quite a bit, and I am trying learn speed reading techniques. Bulletproofing my travels is extrememly challenging, and I strongly dislike doing it. I just want to improve my brain and relatioships in order to help more people.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

-Einstein

• edited October 2014

I don't know if you need to be so strict about your diet.  At 21 you should enjoy life (not that being bulletproof means that you are not enjoying life but it is a bit restrictive).  Still, that's your personal choice and if you feel that works best for you then that's great.  I'm just saying it's ok if you want to hang out with your friends and eat/drink non-bulletproof things.  Also, don't worry about bulletproofing your travels.  Do what you can but don't get held back from experiences just because you are worried about not being bulletproof.  Varied experiences gives your brain and soul a lot more than spending money on gadgets.

Exercise is also personal, whatever you like.  I think it's great that you do yoga as most guys I know are not keen on it.   You could join a running club or other similar clubs, which would allow you to meet more people too.  You could also take a formal yoga class or do yoga teacher training if you really like yoga.  I know a lot of people like CrossFit.

I've always wanted to take a speed reading course.  I think it's a great idea to try that. Let me know if it works.  

I don't know if you volunteer but you can directly help people.   I have friends that have done Peace Corps or Doctors without Borders and always wish I had made time to do that.  Still, it doesn't have to be that much of a commitment.  There are so many ways to help out in your community on a much smaller scale (but still meaningful).

I feel that helping others is often overlooked in our competitive society which stresses being your best individual self.  Of course that is very important, but I believe it is important not to just focus on yourself.

Sleep is very important.  Don't compromise on it.  You'll have plenty of responsibilities as you get older that will rob you of sleep.  Below are some general sleep hygiene techniques:

1. -Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
    3. -Make sure your bedroom is a quiet, dark, and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot or too cold.
    5. -Make sure your bed is comfortable and use it only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV, or listening to music. Remove all TVs, computers, and other "gadgets" from the bedroom.
    7. -Avoid large meals before bedtime.
    9. -Get off the computer, electronics at least 1 hour before bed.  

GOOD LUCK!