Self Capsuling - Capsule Machines

Hi. Hello. Hi. Does anyone have any experience with making their own capsules? Suntoucher mentioned it in his awesome supplement guide, but I never thought I'd actually consider it. But now... as I gulp down some BCAA powder... I'm thinking I can buy some BCAA powder and capsule it myself. I think it will be cheaper. Thoughts?

Comments

• Just get some 00 veggie caps and fill them one at a time by hand. This is what I ended up doing after buying a $600 capsule filling apparatus. 

• Get this and some capsule blanks. Its much easier than by hand and cheaper than a commercial apparatus.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

Just get some 00 veggie caps and fill them one at a time by hand.

hi Seth, is there a reason you specified veggie caps...is there something 'bad' with gelatin caps

fake it till you make it

• Thanks for the advice Seth, but I think I'd end up getting too frustrated. I read somewhere that gelatin caps were probably better because gelatin, but I'm not too concerned about that. I guess I'll just end up buying the cheap one from Amazon and try that out. Or stop being a wuss and gulp down my BCAAs.

• yeah I had that thing from amazon way back when.. went from that to the bigger capsuline ones, then finally timed it all out to figure that just doing them by hand is faster and more consistent. and the size 00 or 000 is way better for BCAAs than the size 0 is, size 0 is too small.

it's mainly because with those capsules presses you've got to take each capsule apart and put it in it's little place - this is the frustrating/takes forever part of the job.

gelatin/veggie don't matter much until you run into someone who wants a veggie capsule, if it's just for you this won't be a problem at all.