Bulletproof Supplements & Nootropics Guide

18910111214»

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

@QsBrainJuice said:
    There is a new website that measures the potency and effectiveness of vitamins. Thorne was beat by a few other brands. Also- should our supplements be organic?

Organic supplements would be a misnomer. What is that site for that measurement?

@cortext said:

Definitely overkill. How do you know what's working in all this big list?

• cortextcortext ✭✭
    edited August 2017

@suntoucher said:
    Definitely overkill. How do you know what's working in all this big list?

On one hand, it seems like a lot. On the other hand, it would basically boil down to a scoop of a plant-rich powder fortified with bio-available minerals and vitamins with a once weekly boost of other minerals / vitamins / plants and some amino acids around exercise. Perhaps cycling those different polyphenols or doing a weekly vs daily stack would itself increase the likelihood of a beneficial response. Eg., the effect of daily coffee consumption is different than intermittent coffee consumption, and many prefer the stack of theanine+coffee to either one in isolation -- what really works well for me is intermittent coffee + theanine + rhodiola, but I find daily rhodiola too much and intermittent coffee too limiting.

Perhaps with some careful note taking and regular labs I could get a feel for if one stack seemed to work better than others. On the recent gundry interview, I think that heart surgeon mentioned taking something like 100+ different supplements a day.

Although tbh, I have sort of gone in the other direction with it. My current stack is coffee in the morning in place of breakfast (black; no added butter), morning exercise, coffee in the afternoon, occasionally some broth or essential amino acids with potassium + salt, then dinner with B12, Folate, Magnesium, K2, D3, and Iodine. It would be nice to try to tack on additional cardiovascular support or some sort of nootropic / productivity booster, but this is getting the job done. Ketones are running pretty high as a consequence which does make me wonder about liver-GSH levels, oxidative stress, and methylglyoxal production / thyroid health / insulin sensitivity -- right now, I'm doing around 40-75g of net carbs at dinner, but the timing of the meal has me up around 2.5mmol/L of BHB before I eat it.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

That's the one I use.
    & I 'balance' with Vitamin D3.

In winter I take 10,000A every other day & 4000D3 daily.
    In summer I take 10,000A twice per week & 2000D3 daily.
    I take the D3 in the mornings & the Vit A later in the day, I read somewhere best to take apart, as they may compete.

fake it till you make it

• What's the current best option for Vitamin K since the product Dave recommended ran out on iherb?
    Is there a more inexpensive option regarding the B complex Dave recommends?
    https://de.iherb.com/pr/Thorne-Research-Basic-B-Complex-60-Veggie-Caps/18791

• Hi everyone !

I did get insomnia trouble (sleeping only 6 hours). I have found a solution : 40 mg of PQQ, and vitamin B-50 complex. This stack in the morning make me sleep way longer (7 hours).

I was wondering what else could I possibly add to this stack ? I have a good level of vit D btw :)

• How good is the jarrow b-right complex? Is it an excellent alternative to the more expensive Thorne product recommended by Dave?
    https://de.iherb.com/pr/Jarrow-Formulas-B-Right-100-Veggie-Caps/110

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

@soul_smoothies said:
    How good is the jarrow b-right complex? Is it an excellent alternative to the more expensive Thorne product recommended by Dave?
    https://de.iherb.com/pr/Jarrow-Formulas-B-Right-100-Veggie-Caps/110

I think it's a fine choice.

• dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

@soul_smoothies said:
    What's the current best option for Vitamin K since the product Dave recommended ran out on iherb?

@soul_smoothies Which Vitamin K option did you end up going with ?

fake it till you make it

• Anyone noticed taking eye armor while bulletproof fasting affecting Ketosis? I am probably going to move it to later in the day because there may be a tiny amount of sugar in it... I just wanted to have to protection first thing since I use a computer all morning.

@cortext have you seen Polyphenomenal 2.0? Its got a lot of the polyphenols that you've been taking in one capsule so you don't have to cap a punch of powders yourself...

• Shop www.moschinoonlinesale.com Moschino Outlet Store, Buy Moschino McDonald iPhone Case Red with Big Discount, Fast Delivery and Free Worldwide Shipping...
    moschino belt replica

18910111214»