Bulletproof Vibe Whole Body Vibration Plate Questions

I've already looked through the forum threads.  Those of you that have it and like it, can you explain why and how you use it?

Anyone have it and regret buying it?  

I only tried it once or twice at the bulletproof conference and it is amazing.  But, the amount of brain shaking when your joints are locked is a little/lot worrisome.  I know it's recommended not to use any vibration more than 30 minutes a day.   Intuitively, it doesn't seem healthy to have one's brain shaking so vigorously.  It just didn't feel good when I tried it.  But, other than that the machine feels amazing.

Someone mentioned that she heard of a retinal detachment from a vibration machine.  

Bulletproof Vibe claims to stimulate better brain function.  Is that just from the intense circulation of blood and lymph, detox?  Again, it feels great (from my very limited exposure) but am really, REALLY unsure about the long term consequences of shaking one's brain and have it constantly hit the skull.  It seems like micro trauma.  And as one gets older (from brain atrophy), there is more room for the brain to shake so maybe that's even worse.  Similar thing for babies but because their brain hasn't completely grown (who would obviously never utilize such a thing so that's a moot point).

I think I would probably err on the side of caution and use it for three 5 minute sessions.  Bulletproof vibe has a 15 minute max usage.

Bulletproof vibe is manufactured by Bulletproof.  I was told that Power Plate brand is the only one that has patented a certain vibration, frequency, etc. (or so I'm told).  Maybe this is misinformation but supposedly Power Plate is the only vibration company that uses the same parameters tested years ago by Russian scientists.

LASTLY, how does Bulletproof Vibe compare to Power Plate PowerPlate MY3 (if anyone has tried both)?  The Power Plate My3 has a slightly bigger base, is more expensive, and has a frequency of 35 Hz (vs 30 Hz for bulletproof vibe).

http://www.vibration-training-advice.com/consumer-guide-and-safety-program/lineal-and-pivotal-safety-programs/lineal-program

Some CONTRAINDICATIONS (NOT Absolute) for Vibration:

Pregnancy
Detached Retina
Acute/ Deep Vein Thrombosis
Serious Cardiovascular Disease
Pacemaker
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Acute hernia, Discopathy
Acute disc related problems, Spondylosis, gliding Spondylolisthesis or fractures
Severe Diabetic neuropathy
Tumors
Recent Surgeries
Epilepsy
Gallstones, Kidney stones, Bladder stones
Cardiac dysrhythmias
Acute Rheumatoid Arthritis
Acute/sever inflammations, infections and/ or fever
Acute Migraine
Fresh (surgical) wounds
Surgical metal implants
Osteonecrosis
Severe Osteoporosis with BMD < 70mg/ml
Metastatic Tumors

http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/39/9/585.full

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18923291/ns/health-fitness/t/shake-your-way-skinny-experts-fear-risks/#.VEwa2Uu0ZZg

https://www.bulletproof.com/whole-body-vibration-plate

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-vibe-whole-body-vibration-plate/

Bulletproof® Vibe Whole Body Vibration Plate

bulletproof_vibe-300x162.png

The Bulletproof Vibe currently ships only within the United States. Free shipping included!

Whole Body Vibration (WBV) therapy is used in universities, professional sports teams, and medical facilities around the United States.

Bulletproof Vibeâ„¢ is the latest in WBV therapy.  WBV was invented by Russian cosmonauts in 1960s and has been seen to

• Detoxify and strengthen the immune system (pumps the lymph system thoroughly)
  • Help regain muscle strength and bone density
  • Reduce recovery time
  • Stimulate healthier brain function

Each session on the Bulletproof Vibe lasts no longer than 15 minutes.  The user is able to control the duration of the WBV session.

Bulletproof Vibe Features

• Bulletproof Vibe has a constant speed motor that runs at 30 Hz. Many WBV machines have adjustable speeds, but in order for this to be affordable they must use poor engineering techniques. The best way to make a WBV unit affordable AND high quality is to use a constant rate motor. There’s lots of research showing that 30 Hz is the best speed for WBV.
  •  
  • Bulletproof Vibe is the perfect weight that can be moved but will also stay in place during use. It measures 24″ x 24″ 9″ high, so can fit almost anywhere.
  •  
  • Bulletproof Vibe is uniquely designed to transfer vibration energy to the user, not to the floor. Many lower priced WBV units and even some of the higher (over $2,000) priced units have no means to isolate the vibration energy to the platform. On these units the platform is rigidly attached to the feet. The Bulletproof Vibe has four rubber mounting pads that isolate the platform from the frame, which means most of the vibration goes to the user and very little to the floor. Not only do you get a better workout, it’s more quiet and it stays in place.
  •  
  • It has a 15 minute timer. Believe it or not, some WBV units do not have a timer. Current WBV research shows that 30 Hz for 30 minutes a day or less provides the max benefit.
  •  

Bulletproof Vibe Specs

• 0.2-0.3 G-forces (depending on a person’s body weight)
  • 30 Hertz fixed frequency
  • Motor: 1Ž4 HP motor running at 1,725 rpm
  • Amplitude: 4mm (peak to peak)
  • Size: 24″ x 24″ x 9″
  • Weight: 93lb (42.18kg) Shipping, 63lb (28.58kg) Unit
  •  

Warranty

The Bulletproof Vibe comes with two warranties:

1. 1-year free replacement of the motor, switch and connecting electrical lines.
  2. Every other part covered for life. If anything happens to the frame, top plate or feet, let us know and we will fix the problem free of charge.

The fine print: For either Warranty One or Warranty Two to apply, the Bulletproof Vibe must be delivered to the manufacturing facility in Texas for repair. Contact our Upgraded Selfsupport team for details.

Bulletproof Vibe is made in the United States. Most WBV units that have the quality of Bulletproof Vibe cost over $4,000.

We love our machine because of the rugged simple design, quality USA construction, reasonable cost, and no unnecessary bells and whistles.

If you purchase a Bulletproof Vibe and your UpgradedSelf.com order contains additional products, please note that the Bulletproof Vibe ships separately.

POWER PLATE MY3:

• Grade: Consumer
  • Color: Silver - additional colors available upon request (additional fee with a 12 week lead time)
  • Frequency / Pre-set Frequencies: 35Hz
  • Time Selections: 30 or 60 seconds
  • Vibration Energy Output (amplitude): Low or High
  • Operation: User-friendly interactive display
  • PrecisionWaveâ„¢ Technology: High-fidelity harmonic vibration system that provides uncompromising performance for unsurpassed results

• Dimensions (W x D x H): 25in x 29in x 60in / 64cm x 74cm x 152cm
  • Platform Dimensions (W x D): 25in x 14in / 64cm x 37cm
  • Weight: 126lb / 57kg
  • Maximum Load: 264lb / 120kg
  • Power Supply: 100-240 VAC, 50/60Hz Universal Voltage
  • Nominal Power in Operation: 250-285W
  • Certifications:
    • CE and EMC (TUV certified)
    • RoHS / WEEE compliant

Comments

• edited October 2014

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/biohacking-fitness-upgrade-whole-body-vibration-training/

Biohacking Fitness Upgrade: Whole Body Vibration Training

superherosilouhette.jpg

Most of us aren’t looking for pro-athlete fitness, but we do want some level of good fitness in our lives.

As people busy with work, family, and play it is difficult to fit normal fitness regimens into a schedule unless you are willing to commit a lot of time and effort. Most people would rather save that time and effort for other things.

The biohack I share with you today is Whole Body Vibration Training (WBVT). WBV Training is a way to hack time, strength, and natural hormones to take your fitness regimen to the next level.

I often hear this story from my Silicon Valley friends seeking the benefits of exercise like stronger bones, more strength, and better physique… but in less time.

Even if you are living life to the fullest, eating MCT oil and grass-fed butter regularly, taking vitamin D, or even using a Zeo Sleep Cycle to hack your sleep, one facet of health you don’t always have time for is training. You know that your physique can be upgraded, but with your commitment to work and family, pushing your fitness to another level is a stretch.

The problem is, you want to lose (or gain) an extra five pounds in order to fit better in your clothes, but don’t know if it is worth it. You have at least two options.

One, start working out more and hope that the increased time working out helps get your body in the shape you want. This will take away from your work and leisure time, but it will also lead to muscle over-fatigue and may increase cortisol responses from excessive training. Or two, settle for what you are now and never change. You may not gain the perfect physique you want, but you will look amazing compared to most people since you’re following the Bulletproof Diet.

Fair enough. But if you had the opportunity to get the body you wanted, would you take it?

The Whole Body Vibration Training Plate

Rafeal NadalQueen LatifahSerena Williams, Olympic Athlete Rebecca Romero, and the whole NFL Broncos team get the extra edge over their competition by using WBV Training.  If it works for them, it can help upgrade your physique.

Whole Body Vibration Training boosts your fitness, strength, tone, strength, flexibility, bone density, and range of motion all in a time-efficient manner. Like 15 minutes. That is what I call a fitness hack!

WBVT consists of standing on a platform that vibrates in a way designed to stimulate your hormonal, cardiovascular, lymphatic, and nervous systems simultaneously. You can use it to get the lymphatic and circulatory benefits of hours of walking, or you can perform some simple exercisesBody by Sciencestyle, to get actual exercise that grows muscle.

Nadal stated right after his French Open victory:

“This is part of the way I work out regularly. [WBV Training] I hope you could see that everything is possible and at the end, work is what makes you feel satisfaction.” (1)

Everything is definitely possible, and as biohackers we are constantly pushing the envelope on our possibilities. Whole Body Vibration Training helps you do this in a number of ways.

WBVT’s many benefits include decreased time of work out, increased strength compared to resistance training, positive hormonal effect, and much more. This very well may be the way we train in the future, and there is research to back it up.

Whole Body Vibration Training Benefits:

Decrease Your Work Out Time

WBV Training shows us that training does not need to be difficult and time consuming. WBV Training provides a dynamic workout in about 15 minutes. It does this by working up to 95% of the muscle fibers while you exercise. This near-total muscle experience translates into a high-intensity exercise.

High intensity exercise equals less time in the gym and better physical gains. I use my Bulletproof Vibe WBV Plate with weights about once a week for 15 minutes. With my extended travel, two kids, and work schedule, this is the right amount of weight training for me. But most other days, I find 10-15 minutes to stand on the platform to refresh my energy, stimulate circulation, and help my body excrete toxins by stimulating lymphatic drainage.

Increase Your Strength, Especially Explosive Strength

The way we conventionally workout uses the formula Force=Mass x Acceleration. Simply put, increasing either of these increases strength. For WBV Training, the mass is your body and the vibration is the acceleration.

Using your body and the vibration, the WBV Plate also uses Gravity as another form of acceleration to generate “G-forces.” It naturally incorporates more acceleration so you become stronger!

According to a study comparing WBV Training to conventional training, WBV produces higher strength levels within six weeks. It does so through its use of gravity – added acceleration in the “force” equation – and the reflexive muscle contraction it provokes. (7)

A scientific leader in this field, Dr. C Bosco, held many studies on WBV Training’s muscular benefits. He came to find out that WBV Training has a neural effect on muscle growth, meaning it constantly puts your muscles under load.

Athletes who used WBV increased their leg press by a significant amount of average velocity, force, and power. While this is what athletes are supposed to do, through repetition without increasing intensity or changing things up, the rate of muscle growth often plateaus. The neural effect of WBV is what made the difference in this study, and is what makes it ideal for maximizing your muscle potential.(20)

Along with enhancing muscle, Busco concluded that vibration enhanced the power capacity we have as humans, which means we may go beyond what our genetic power entails.(21) Both studies show big innovation toward strength, and are the reason why Olympians use these machines. For us, it also may help with weight loss.

Lose More Weight

If you want to cut any excess fat from your body, WBV Training is for you.

A weight loss study done in Europe showed a group using WBV Training lost 11% body weight during intervention phase and maintained 10.5% of that loss. Compared to a group that used Diet + Conventional Exercise, which lost 7%, WBV Training is an efficient way to lose weight, and shrink visceral fat. (2)

In the same study, visceral fat shrank by 48 cm2 in the WBV Training group compared to 18cm2 in the Diet + Conventional Exercise group. This weight loss was caused by the WBV’s metabolic alteration and hormone effect.

Increase Your Positive Hormones (and Vice Versa)

Your hormones should be healthy eating Bulletproof, and WBV Training will take your testosterone and growth hormone to another level. It does this while alsodecreasing cortisol, which is a big change from conventional training.

Bosco et al. proved that after 10 repetitions of WBV Training there is a tremendous effect on the hormonal system, by:

460% increase in Growth hormone 460%,

7% increase in testosterone

27% decrease in cortisol  (22)

A similar study states WBV stimulates GH secretion, reduces circulating cortisol, and reduces plasma glucose.(10)

Overall WBV Training does not represent a stressful stimulus for the neuroendocrine system, which is the opposite of most conventional training.(8) That’s why I am glad to do it (without weights) whenever I am home.

Notably, a famous study done in 1995 by Frank Perna and Sharon McDowell states that cortisol levels spike 20 hours after conventional training.(23) This stress can negatively affects the body’s recovery process. On the other hand, WBV Training decreases cortisol levels in the body during and after training.

Stress shortens your life, and we’re all better off hacking stress in order to reap the full benefits of WBV.

WBV Training Even Helps the Elderly…a lot!

Studies show that WBV Training improves strength more efficiently in the elderly.(5) Since the elderly have trouble using conventional machines, the WBV was used and many found an improved balance function.(3)

WBVT also improves quality of life, quality of walking, balance, and motor capacity in elderly.(4) It does this for the elderly, and for every age group.

For seniors with knee osteoarthritis, WBV Training reduced the proliferative response of TCD4+, which is a medical anagram for counting T-cell depleted bone marrow.(9)

Other WBV Training Benefits

• Increased lymphatic drainage(6)
    • Increased bone mass and mineral density(14)
    • Increased flexibility and mobility(6)
    • Metabolic alterations in bone, stomach, bowel, prostate, kidney, and bladder.(14)
    • Enhances knee neuromuscular control(13)
    • Immediate improvement in blood circulation(15)
    • Pain reduction(6)
    • Improved proprioception and balance(4)
    • Multiple Sclerosis Deterrent(17)
    • Increased secretion of serotonin and norepinephrine(6)

Whole Body Vibration Training helps everyone. From Olympic Athletes reaching their peak to the biohacker seeking better blood flow and bone density to the elderly wanting to improve balance and motor capacity, WBV Training is valuable.

bulletproof-vibe-border-300x300.png

This revolutionary training technology is the upgrade you want in order to hack your fitness. The catch is,most WBV training units like the Power Plate are very expensive. There are a few mass-market ones with a history of weak welds or cheap (but unhealthy) side-to-side rocking motion. Through extensive research and expert help we have created the Bulletproof Vibe WBV Plate, which is used today in professional sports training and chiropractic clinics.

While many WBV units cost between $5,000 and $15,000, the Bulletproof Vibe WBVPlate is about 10% of that including shipping!

If you want stop reading about the benefits, and start feeling and seeing them, then check out a local gym, health club, or buy one now. WBV is pushing humanity’s fitness to new levels.

Before using a WBV Plate, contact your physician if you are pregnant, have foot, knee and hip implants, lumbar disc problems, or acute inflammations or infections. The funny thing is that WBV will most likely help you improve some of these things (not late stage pregnancy!)

If you are living the Bulletproof lifestyle, and need that extra push to reach your fitness goals, or just want more benefits in less time, then WBV Training is for you. Being able to cut your training down by hours in a week while substantially increasing strength and improving your hormonal levels is hard to deny. Get ready for the new innovative machine people are using across the globe to upgrade their fitness.

For information on who and how to use the WBV Plates go here:

• edited October 2014

http://www.vibeplate.com/index.php/vibeplate-models-specs-pricing

Vibeplate also ships to Canada (and all over).  Supposedly it's really good and also has lighter aluminum versions (albeit more expensive).  Vibeplate is endorsed by Gary Gray (Founder of Gray Institute).  He works with professional athletes.

MERCola is a Power Plate Fan.

http://powerplate.mercola.com

• Anyone have any opinions (positive or negative) on the Bulletproof Vibe, Power Plate, VibePlate, or other vibration devices?

• genao87genao87 ✭✭
    edited October 2014

when are you guys going to reduce the cost to this thing....i might just get a ghetto version of this that is for only $200 or so.     why so expensive?   why so serious? 

also this thing cannot get you that lean shizzle body that you see models have?   you still have to work out with weights to a certain extent.

• edited November 2014

when are you guys going to reduce the cost to this thing....i might just get a ghetto version of this that is for only $200 or so.     why so expensive?   why so serious? 

also this thing cannot get you that lean shizzle body that you see models have?   you still have to work out with weights to a certain extent.

I don't know enough about vibration plates, but it is my understanding that it could do more harm than good to buy a cheap one (less than $1000).  Also EMF is probably higher with cheaper brands.

http://lymphaticvibration.homestead.com/EMFWarning.html

• when are you guys going to reduce the cost to this thing....i might just get a ghetto version of this that is for only $200 or so.     why so expensive?   why so serious? 

I think this is a better, prettier, smoother-vibrating machine at a lower price:  www.wholebodyvibrator.com

Cheaper machines are a joke.  Thick steel parts are necessary for this kind of device work as good out-of-the-box as a year from now; and those parts are expensive.

Also, I think the "fitness model body" is 50% the product of fat burning by Acetyl L-Carnitine, 25% Creatine with strength-training, and 25% an unhealthy amount of cardio....... Might look nice, but extremes are rarely "optimal" for longevity.

• I think this is a better, prettier, smoother-vibrating machine at a lower price:  www.wholebodyvibrator.com

Cheaper machines are a joke.  Thick steel parts are necessary for this kind of device work as good out-of-the-box as a year from now; and those parts are expensive.

Also, I think the "fitness model body" is 50% the product of fat burning by Acetyl L-Carnitine, 25% Creatine with strength-training, and 25% an unhealthy amount of cardio....... Might look nice, but extremes are rarely "optimal" for longevity.

Well it is cheaper  but still up there in price.    What I dont like is the warranty for the motor is only 1 year.   I generally dont like to buy that things that cost so much and then have it quit on me after 1 year and have no choice but to buy the whole thing again.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file