Sciatic Nerve Pinch

I was wondering if anyone had any experience or recommendations with this kind of pain they'd like to share. My mom recently pinched her Sciatic nerve (while golfing I think) and I was curious if there was way of attacking this problem. Her doctor has her on powerful pain-killers to deal with the pain but not much beyond that. I've given her my Collagen powder as I figure that could only help. I would really appreciate any recommendations or advice. 

Tagged:

Comments

• I had a pinched sciatic nerve that bothered me for weeks, if I stepped wrong it would produce shooting pain, this stretch instantly fixed it, stayed away for 2 weeks and when it came back I did the stretch again, has been fixed ever since.

Try this -

• I've had sciatic pain off and on since really effing up my low back during college (using poor form to hoist a sofa with one hand). I made it worse by training through it etc. before I made it better (by a series of chiropractic adjustments and rest). It took about 5 months. It will revisit me occasionally, last summer it was BAD. No idea specifically how I brought it on, but I went immediately to the chiropractor and he could barely get near me to do the adjustment. His thought was that, since it was summer and I'd spent several hours perspiring @ crossfit, I might have de-mineralized myself. At home I was spasming so badly that I couldn't even put the Brita pitcher back on the bottom shelf of the fridge, and just knelt there, unable to get up, until my son came to help me. The chiro gave me a good quality general mineral supplement and I took a double dose for a couple days. That, and the adjustment seemed to do the trick. I know about dehydration and my proclivity to sweat, and I really do make an effort to drink plenty of water. I guess when that extra water dilutes things and creates an imbalance, problems arise. I now make sure to take a mineral supplement whenever I'm "glowing" excessively, and the pink salt seems to be working well.

How do you and your mom feel about chiropractic? Is it possible she might need some mineral supplementation?

• lav2klav2k Comic Creator

I had a pinched sciatic nerve that bothered me for weeks, if I stepped wrong it would produce shooting pain, this stretch instantly fixed it, stayed away for 2 weeks and when it came back I did the stretch again, has been fixed ever since.

Try this -

Cool. Those movements match a few of the other key stretches I've been researching lately. I'll definitely get her to try those ones. Thanks a lot!

• lav2klav2k Comic Creator

I've had sciatic pain off and on since really effing up my low back during college (using poor form to hoist a sofa with one hand). I made it worse by training through it etc. before I made it better (by a series of chiropractic adjustments and rest). It took about 5 months. It will revisit me occasionally, last summer it was BAD. No idea specifically how I brought it on, but I went immediately to the chiropractor and he could barely get near me to do the adjustment. His thought was that, since it was summer and I'd spent several hours perspiring @ crossfit, I might have de-mineralized myself. At home I was spasming so badly that I couldn't even put the Brita pitcher back on the bottom shelf of the fridge, and just knelt there, unable to get up, until my son came to help me. The chiro gave me a good quality general mineral supplement and I took a double dose for a couple days. That, and the adjustment seemed to do the trick. I know about dehydration and my proclivity to sweat, and I really do make an effort to drink plenty of water. I guess when that extra water dilutes things and creates an imbalance, problems arise. I now make sure to take a mineral supplement whenever I'm "glowing" excessively, and the pink salt seems to be working well.

How do you and your mom feel about chiropractic? Is it possible she might need some mineral supplementation?

Thanks for sharing. Seems like mineralizing is a key factor along with staying hydrated. I'm definitely going to put that into practice along with the stretching. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file