Mct Oil Shown To Break Down Amyloid Plaques Associated To Alzheimer's Disease

Comments

• StevoStevo Upgrade in Progress ✭✭
    "New Study: Coconut Oil Helps Remove Amyloid Plaques from Brains of Alzheimer’s Patients"

Most people include Lauric acid as MCT although it's C12 and used to be consider long chain.
  • John BrissonJohn Brisson The Legend Formerly Known as Ron Swanson ✭✭✭

Makes since because most of the plaques are caused by damage done from excessive insulin responses in the brain, formation of AGE's, and heavy metal (aluminum) reactions. Give the brain ketones, and it restores the balance.

My book Fix Your Gut, is offered on Amazon for $9.99.

I also offer coaching:  http://fixyourgut.com/health-coaching-information/

Please join or like the Fix your Gut Facebook. Also please add me on twitter @FixYourGutJB.

http://www.fixyourgut.com

• CycloneCyclone rich in satisfats

Well ketogenic diets have already been shown to help prevent and reduce the effects of degenerative brain disease. So this may be related to that, although it may also be something else. Ketogenic diets are believe to have a preventative effect on brain plaque because:

1) inflammatory response produced anywhere in your body can cross the blood-brain barrier and trigger inflammatory responses there as well, while ketogenic diets are anti-inflammatory.

2) glucose consumption in your cells produces more reactive oxygen species in your body (including brain)

I got on this topic after listening to Dr Rhonda Patrick in a Joe Rogan Experience podcast #568 (she is not liked on these forums because she spoke against the idea mycotoxins effects in another podcast with Joe) But that aside, this podcast was talking about brain damage (re: MMA) and it's relation to Alzheimer's disease. They didn't talk about MCT, but they go into depth about damage to the brain, aging in the brain, oxidative stress vs glutathione in the brain, and brain plague and it's causes. Even if you don't like either of them, it is quite interesting.

Also, sleep is the primary way we remove amyloid plaques in the brain, yet another reason for healthy sleep. 

Curcumin helps restore the glutathione system in the brain, it is metabolized in about 45 minutes in your body though so the effects are short. However there is something in Black Pepper (Piperine?) which reduces your bodies ability to process xenobiotics (might be a bad thing too) but this can increase your bodies ability to utilize the curcumin according to the studies.

This black pepper compound could also enhances other xenobiotics like the polyphenols in teas and coffee, but could be really bad if your body couldn't remove xenobiotics with toxic effects at the same time...

• Does an in vitro study with neurons and coconut oil have much to say on this subject? Coconut oil is broken down significantly before it crosses the blood/brain barrier, yes?

Not that I don't think coconut oil helps reduce/reverse Alzheimer's, this just seems like a silly experimental design. 

• My maternal Grandma is in her 90's and she is starting to lose her memory, and she gets confused a lot. It's pretty sad. It scares me on a personal level, too, since I have a quarter of her genes, and 23 and Me says I'm at a slightly increased risk for Alzheimer's. I am SO HAPPY and grateful to see articles like this one, thank you for posting! If I'm lucky enough to live into my 90's, I don't want to mentally live like that. 

I wish my mom and I could take control of my grandma's diet, but she and her husband are insisting on living alone and cooking for themselves still. I wonder if things like MCT and going grain-free would even help her at this point? 

• CycloneCyclone rich in satisfats

My maternal Grandma is in her 90's and she is starting to lose her memory, and she gets confused a lot. It's pretty sad. It scares me on a personal level, too, since I have a quarter of her genes, and 23 and Me says I'm at a slightly increased risk for Alzheimer's. I am SO HAPPY and grateful to see articles like this one, thank you for posting! If I'm lucky enough to live into my 90's, I don't want to mentally live like that. 

I wish my mom and I could take control of my grandma's diet, but she and her husband are insisting on living alone and cooking for themselves still. I wonder if things like MCT and going grain-free would even help her at this point? 

Then you will probably want to ensure you get good sleep (removes brain plaque) and exercise (remove Kynurenine) and avoid too much alcohol (increases oxidative stress on the brain I believe) and may want to take alpha lipoic acid: http://www.alzdiscovery.org/cognitive-vitality/report/ala

•  

Then you will probably want to ensure you get good sleep (removes brain plaque) and exercise (remove Kynurenine) and avoid too much alcohol (increases oxidative stress on the brain I believe) and may want to take alpha lipoic acid: http://www.alzdiscovery.org/cognitive-vitality/report/ala

THANK YOU! I've been coasting in the exercise department, this is definitely what I need to hear. Much appreciated!!

• Has anyone else heard that this is helpful for Parkinson's as well? That much of these diseases stem from "leaky brain"?

My dad has Parkinson's so I'm trying to get him to do coconut oil, cinnamon, COQ10 & a probiotic--does anyone have recommendations beyond this & any recommendations for high quality probiotics?

• Makes since because most of the plaques are caused by damage done from excessive insulin responses in the brain, formation of AGE's, and heavy metal (aluminum) reactions. Give the brain ketones, and it restores the balance.

but......the Alzheimer's charities are working on a cure..........

Watch my Stand Up Comedy Video online :)

Please Subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQI92eERrCc