Organ Meat Cooking

hi, I got into bulletproof diet by listening to The Joe Rogan Experience.

I have been on this for 3-4 weeks now, I have lost about 2kg already, which is good!!

Will get my bulletproof coffee soon. I have been using green tea for this time.

There are some question that I have for organ meat:

Could I get some info for other parts of the organs in grass fed beef other than heart, liver or kidney??

Could I still get Vitamin A from tripe cos I could only get those for now.

and some organs like tripe requires cooking on a low heat for hours before it is soft enough to eat. Does it still have enough nutritional value when cooked that way??

thanks in advance,

Kevin
Tagged:

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    The most important organ to eat is liver, everything else is a bonus image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> You'll have more luck finding info on organ meats by searching for: offal paleo <- lots of info if you dig through

Tripe doesn't contain Vit A from my research... so no.

Cooking needs to be done enough so that it is safe and palatable... Thus, to answer your question - yes it does have enough nutritional value cause you won't eat it otherwise. Don't overthink this, this is a minor detail.

Eating just 200g of liver per week, though, takes care of both Vit A and copper needs for the whole WEEK image/icon_e_smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />
  • thx, looks like there are so many dishes of organ meat I could try. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Loving this bulletproof diet even more now.