Stop Ciltep And Start Piracetam? Or Stack Together?

Hi guys,

I recently got my order of Piracetam from Smart Drugs for Thought and I am excited to start experimenting with it. I am currently taking CILTEP, 5 days on, 2 days off per week with some great results. I want to start Piracetam but not sure if I should stop CILTEP, or stack with it? I've never tried Piracetam so I'm curious as to what it would do on its own. I do still have about 15 days supply of CILTEP left.

Just curious on the best way to approach this for full benefit. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• When I take something new, I prefer to take it on its own for a period so I can come to understand its effects in detail. This arms me with the knowledge to know how to stack it effectively in the future with a variety of different things.

You may find yourself of the same mind in that regard.

I find the two go well together as well. Especially modifying CILTEP to use zembrin (mesimbrone) instead of artichoke extract, and then add 1,000mg L-tyrosine, 500mg more of L-phenylaline, 6 grams of vitamin B8 (myo-inositol) and then I double the dose of ALCAR over the commercial stack as well. Then, take 10-15 grams of piracetam over the course of the day (I usually just spike my water supply with it favoring a double dose being ingested within the first 3 hours of the day to raise concentrations quickly.

Killer stack in my experience. Also very task-orthogonal; it seems to improve performance straight across the board from my testing.

Also it's worth noting that high-dose piracetam is quite different than low dose. Worth experimenting with.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Great info man! Thanks a ton :)

What is a good amount of Piracetam to start with?

• Great info man! Thanks a ton :)

What is a good amount of Piracetam to start with?

2.4 grams is the lower end. Just take it in 2 does at first for simplicity. Half life is about 5 hours so perhaps morning and after lunch. It's best to dissolve it in water. Noticeable increase in effects. I've found this to be the case for all racetams I've taken. Dissolving them makes it uptake faster ... and sometimes I get no effect unless I dissolve it (depending on the racetam).

You'll want to work out how much choline to take with it. Some people take none. Others get headaches and other symptoms if they don't take some choline with it. Many don't need the choline, but find it works better if they do take it (such as myself). Start by taking choline before bed, because some people get sick if they take it at the same time as piracetam throughout the day.

Once you figure that out, and the ratio of piracetam to choline, test taking choline during the day instead and see if it still works well for you, or better for you (This seems to vary person to person).

Then, start increasing your dose until you get to your desired level. If your newer to this and are skiddish about getting some side-effects, just increase your dose by 1,000mg once a week keeping choline:piracetam ratios about the same ... unless you get some side-effects, then stop increasing dose and debug the issue (often changing choline:piracetam ratio). Eventually work your way up to 10 grams or whatever dose you find you like. I encourage you to experiment with many doses and find what works well for you. Personally, I like doing at least 10 grams a day.

Biggest takeaway after several years as a hardcore biohacker: think long-term. Focus on health first before adding in boosters. It works a lot better.
  • Awesome man, thanks for writing that out. I'm not planning to take choline because I eat a lot of eggs, but depending on how I feel, I'll see if I need a choline supplementation through my experimentation.

I am taking capsule forms and there is 800mg in each. I'm thinking 2 in morning and 1-2 after lunch with water?

• Both CILTEP and Piracetam raise cAMP.  Ciltep (forskolin) does it much moreso.  I subbed Piracetam for CILTEP just under a year ago and haven't felt any need to go back.  CILTEP wrecks my HRV and the claims that it causes LTP have been credibly challenged.  To each their own.

• Awesome man, thanks for writing that out. I'm not planning to take choline because I eat a lot of eggs, but depending on how I feel, I'll see if I need a choline supplementation through my experimentation.

I am taking capsule forms and there is 800mg in each. I'm thinking 2 in morning and 1-2 after lunch with water?

Yeah, you can use eggs as your choline source. Just keep in mind they need to be raw or runny to preserve the choline. Cracking a couple in your morning coffee is one easy way to do it.

If you want to stick to capped pills for simplificity, the regimen you suggested seems plausible. I personally like to dose racetams on an at least empty-ish stomach because the up-take tends to be a bit faster, but that's your call. Perhaps 1-2 hours after lunch depending on your schedule.

Also, may want to test how close you can take it to bed without affecting sleep. Some get insomnia with doses near bed. Others dose right up til sleeping and get none.

• Solid Dante, thank you!

Btw the my first dose was today, I had 1.6 grams of Piracetam upon waking and made my BPC with ghee and Brain Octane with 200mg of L-Theanine. Within an hour of reading I got so dialed into my book that I couldn't put it down, I just kept reading. It was an interesting surge of focus, yet very calm and grounded.

Looking forward to the rest of the week with Piracetam.

• Solid Dante, thank you!

Btw the my first dose was today, I had 1.6 grams of Piracetam upon waking and made my BPC with ghee and Brain Octane with 200mg of L-Theanine. Within an hour of reading I got so dialed into my book that I couldn't put it down, I just kept reading. It was an interesting surge of focus, yet very calm and grounded.

Looking forward to the rest of the week with Piracetam.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the focus and motivation boosts as well.

• Wouldn't softboiling eggs be a better solution than cracking them into coffee? Or just pounding em back in a cup? Mmm... raw eggs.... :D

Yeah, you can use eggs as your choline source. Just keep in mind they need to be raw or runny to preserve the choline. Cracking a couple in your morning coffee is one easy way to do it.

If you want to stick to capped pills for simplificity, the regimen you suggested seems plausible. I personally like to dose racetams on an at least empty-ish stomach because the up-take tends to be a bit faster, but that's your call. Perhaps 1-2 hours after lunch depending on your schedule.

Also, may want to test how close you can take it to bed without affecting sleep. Some get insomnia with doses near bed. Others dose right up til sleeping and get none.

• edited November 2014

Wouldn't softboiling eggs be a better solution than cracking them into coffee? Or just pounding em back in a cup? Mmm... raw eggs.... :D

How boiled qualifies as soft-boiled is somewhat debatable. But too much cooking and the choline is no longer usable. If someone were of the mind to try it, could experiment.

Taste measures low on my priorities, so I tend to go for raw every single time. I just crack 6 eggs into a glass and slam it.

Somewhat improved for most, though, is putting it in the coffee. Really can't taste it and still get the choline benefits of it being raw.

• Yeah I love putting 1-2 egg yolks in my coffee, and since I use ghee it really helps emulsify everything. I usually do this on days where I have a high output of physical energy or when I know I won't be breaking my fast until around 2-3pm. The yolks really help with fullness, plus it tastes super frothy. Mmmmm, can't wait for tomorrow morning now :)

• I am in the same situation. 

Recently quit CILTEP after 6 months' experiment. It worked great for me, improving creativity, focus and emotional balance. 

I gave a month break before I started Piracetem 1.5g. It has been two weeks. 

I feel a little blocked in terms of creativity (I often feel frustration I haven't felt for a long time while writing). It is a little harder to focus. 

Is it too low dose? 

Where are your guys sourcing your piracetem? I am getting from Pure Nootropics, and I feel it is a little high priced. 

2.4 grams is the lower end. Just take it in 2 does at first for simplicity. Half life is about 5 hours so perhaps morning and after lunch. It's best to dissolve it in water. Noticeable increase in effects. I've found this to be the case for all racetams I've taken. Dissolving them makes it uptake faster ... and sometimes I get no effect unless I dissolve it (depending on the racetam).

You'll want to work out how much choline to take with it. Some people take none. Others get headaches and other symptoms if they don't take some choline with it. Many don't need the choline, but find it works better if they do take it (such as myself). Start by taking choline before bed, because some people get sick if they take it at the same time as piracetam throughout the day.

Once you figure that out, and the ratio of piracetam to choline, test taking choline during the day instead and see if it still works well for you, or better for you (This seems to vary person to person).

Then, start increasing your dose until you get to your desired level. If your newer to this and are skiddish about getting some side-effects, just increase your dose by 1,000mg once a week keeping choline:piracetam ratios about the same ... unless you get some side-effects, then stop increasing dose and debug the issue (often changing choline:piracetam ratio). Eventually work your way up to 10 grams or whatever dose you find you like. I encourage you to experiment with many doses and find what works well for you. Personally, I like doing at least 10 grams a day.

When I take something new, I prefer to take it on its own for a period so I can come to understand its effects in detail. This arms me with the knowledge to know how to stack it effectively in the future with a variety of different things.

You may find yourself of the same mind in that regard.

I find the two go well together as well. Especially modifying CILTEP to use zembrin (mesimbrone) instead of artichoke extract, and then add 1,000mg L-tyrosine, 500mg more of L-phenylaline, 6 grams of vitamin B8 (myo-inositol) and then I double the dose of ALCAR over the commercial stack as well. Then, take 10-15 grams of piracetam over the course of the day (I usually just spike my water supply with it favoring a double dose being ingested within the first 3 hours of the day to raise concentrations quickly.

Killer stack in my experience. Also very task-orthogonal; it seems to improve performance straight across the board from my testing.

Also it's worth noting that high-dose piracetam is quite different than low dose. Worth experimenting with.

• Drinking eggs is fucking gross but I do it and feel like an absolute champ.  For real.

I've started taking Piracetam as the sole nootropic in my routine, in high doses.  I ordered powder from newmind.com.  5 grams in water with my first big glass of the day which can be whenever, I put 2g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine in there as well.  I do it again later in the day and it's a great feel-good, feel focused drink that I take with a few other things.

Credit to DanteRomero for turning me onto that by the way.  It works.

• Drinking eggs is fucking gross but I do it and feel like an absolute champ.  For real.

I've started taking Piracetam as the sole nootropic in my routine, in high doses.  I ordered powder from newmind.com.  5 grams in water with my first big glass of the day which can be whenever, I put 2g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine in there as well.  I do it again later in the day and it's a great feel-good, feel focused drink that I take with a few other things.

Credit to DanteRomero for turning me onto that by the way.  It works.

Yeah it kicks ass. Can experiment and tune it for yourself over time. I tend to go for a bigger dose in the morning and then mix the rest into a gallon jug to drink over the course of the morning. I find I get a much better effect overall if I keep my body concentration of piracetam consistent ... as opposed to big dose -> steady decline over the day.

• I am in the same situation. 

Recently quit CILTEP after 6 months' experiment. It worked great for me, improving creativity, focus and emotional balance. 

I gave a month break before I started Piracetem 1.5g. It has been two weeks. 

I feel a little blocked in terms of creativity (I often feel frustration I haven't felt for a long time while writing). It is a little harder to focus. 

Is it too low dose? 

Where are your guys sourcing your piracetem? I am getting from Pure Nootropics, and I feel it is a little high priced. 

your frustration could be any number of things. It's worth testing a higher dose. Won't know if it resolves your issues until you give it a whirl firsthand. I like to take at least 10 grams per day.