Anyone Have Any Bulletproof Soup Recipes?

Double posting b/c I initially posted to the wrong forum.

Eating some jambalaya from whole foods and it is sooo good.   But it would be healthier for me to make my own.  Anyone have some good bulletproof soup recipes?  Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Steam head of broccoli and/or cauliflower. Immediately put in high powered blender with a bit of water, butter, and MCT. Consider replacing water with a healthy broth, and adding herbs/spices. It's pretty bland without added flavor. Other veggies can be used for flavor as well. Collagen can be added during a second, brief blend cycle for protein. 

I sometimes put chopped carrots on top, or you could use sweet potato chips if you want more carbs, like crackers on top of the soup. 

• can you get your hands on soup bones? 

soup bones + crock pot = set for life

• Bone broth is now one of my staples, you can drink it anytime for a boost or add meat and vegetables to soup it up.

Easy recipe for a 7 quart crock pot:

3-4 pounds of marrow bones

3-4 bay leaves

3-4 carrots

3-4 celery stalks

3-4 garlic cloves

Salt and vinegar

Place bay leaves, chopped carrots, celery, and garlic(none of these need to be perfect, just cut them a little) in your crock pot. Place the marrow bones(also leftover steak bones you have saved) in and coat them with your favorite vinegar. The vinegar helps get more marrow out fwiw. Salt with your pink salt and then fill the crock pot with water. Cook on low for 8-12 hours.

Get a pitcher or a bit pot and a wire mesh strainer, ladle out or pour to remove solids. Dispose of solids and prep the broth in containers. I usually freeze half and refridgerate the other half. You can add fresh ground pepper or maybe cayenne pepper to taste.
  • Johnny FDJohnny FD Host of the Travel Like a Boss Podcast
    edited November 2014

I make an awesome bulletproof friendly soup by using bone broth (chicken or other) 1lb of chopped spinach and 1/2 a stick of kerrygold butter, plus some pink salt. The trick is, use a hand blender (or pour it into a big blender) and it becomes a creamy, delicious, rich soup. I often leave some chunks of chicken in it and blend the meat into the soup.  It's awesome. Give it a shot!

Listen to the: Travel Like a Boss Podcast 

Weekly interviews with successful location independent entrepreneurs, living the 4 hour workweek, eating bulletproof, and traveling like a boss.

Listen to Episode 58 with Dave Asprey himself: The Secrets of the Bulletproof Diet. 

Read the book, a Bulletproof Diet Success Story: Life Changes Quick: 7 Steps to Reaching All of Your Goals.

• Roasted garlic and cauliflower soup made with bone broth is fab.  I roast a whole head of garlic first (until soft) and combine it with cauliflower boiled in bone broth.  Blend away and add butter to taste.