Dave's Videos

Just watched Dave's video on ice water adaptation. I always find the info valuable but lately the videos have really bothered me because of how sickly Dave looks. In the recent video he looks like death warmed over. This can't be good for a guy who's trying to make a living promoting health. Had anyone else noticed a real change in Dave's appearance lately or is it just me being overly critical?

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

Yes I have noticed this too. 

• SkeletorSkeletor The Conqueror Worm ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

Respectfully, I noticed the same thing. My wife and I were watching a recent video, and she noticed it too.

He seems haggard.

"I know how to despise mere cool intelligence. What I want is intelligence matched by pure, physical existence, like a statue." --Yukio Mishima

Let's be friends on MyFitnessPal!

• Been thinking the same thing.  Perhaps his outward appearance doesn't represent his inner health, but I think he puts too much weight on the hacks over the natural laws of balance.

• I haven't noticed this but I'm not exactly looking for it.

• To me it seems to be more his speech. I mean this with no disrespect but at times it sounds like he is about to have a stroke. 

• I think its just its just poor lighting and it looks like he's recording the video with a smart phone.

• I think its just its just poor lighting and it looks like he's recording the video with a smart phone.

If that's indeed the case he needs to rectify it. Its always best to have a consistent healthy appearance. To upgrade the logo, the sales site and so seems pointless if you are going to release videos in which you look like you are dying.
  • Star ChaserStar Chaser Powered by Shred

To me it seems to be more his speech. I mean this with no disrespect but at times it sounds like he is about to have a stroke.

Had not noticed the death look. The speech is probably related to aspergers.

I am a Video Game composer under the pseudonym Star Chaser.

twitch.tv/starchaservgm (streaming most saturday and sunday nights EST)

Guitarist:

https://youtu.be/8L0SkovqEf4

Next cover is Die by the Sword by Dragonforce.

Music/Health/Biohacking Blog and Podcast currently under construction.

Thanks to the internet, health experts, and my unending curiosity, I have overcome: excessive sweating (adrenal fatigue), anxiety and panic attacks, extremely high estrogen levels (man boobs), chronic brain fog (yeast overgrowth), depression, and am currently battling SIBO (took it from being so bloated it felt like my stomach skin was going to rip, slept 2 hours per night for a week because of upset stomach and being chronically fatigued to very mild, manageable but still annoying symptoms) and currently battling sleep deprivation/insomnia probably due to the SIBO/Leaky Gut and resulting histamine intolerance.

• You try and record promotional videos, see how many times you mess up the word "cold thermogenesis".

Dave's probably swarmed by business-minds who are probably always trying to spin his stuff in some extra-profitable way, when you're under this pressure, you get nervous and make mistakes.

I wouldnt worry about him.

• edited November 2014

Perhaps he also likes getting things done in the first take. THats what I assume. I have no idea, but I believe so.

• Dave recently hosted a big conference, launched more products, has amped up the frequency of podcasts, is about to release his book in a couple weeks, about to open his first cafe, while flying around shooting a documentary... 

Dave's been growing his brand for awhile, but this ramp-up looks significant to me, and I believe that with the book launch he's about to go HUGE. Dave and his team are probably in high gear right now, preparing for the tour and public appearances while juggling everything else...  Dave looks haggard because he probably is, from burning the candle at both ends. I'm not worried, though. He'll be okay.

Regarding looking this way on video - not the best branding decision in the world! 

• Dave recently hosted a big conference, launched more products, has amped up the frequency of podcasts, is about to release his book in a couple weeks, about to open his first cafe, while flying around shooting a documentary... 

mold documentary. 

This is like Super Man shooting a kryptonite documentary. There could be side effects. 

• mold documentary. 

This is like Super Man shooting a kryptonite documentary. There could be side effects. 

OH! Clever ACH85... are you suggesting he may look haggard because some moldy critters jumped him, in the filming of this documentary?