What Meds/supplements Breaks A Bp Fast?

Can anyone share with me what medication or supplements break a BP fast?

Specifically I am interested if any of the following would break the fast:

Antibiotics/Probiotics

T3/T4

Nystatin

Vitamin D drops

Thanks!

Comments

• May I add St. John's Wort to this list? Thanks.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    They wouldn't. To break a "bp fast" you'd have to EAT carbs or protein; fat is assumed to not break it. Technically a BP fast refers to ketosis, as far as I'm aware.
  • If I understand it correctly, the goal of intermittent fasting is to keep your body in ketosis so hormones, pro and antibiotics, statins, and antidepressants should be okay. Make sure that you get enough CoQ10 when taking your Nystatin. That stuff does a number on your cardiovascular system!
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭

If I understand it correctly, the goal of intermittent fasting is to keep your body in ketosis so hormones, pro and antibiotics, statins, and antidepressants should be okay. Make sure that you get enough CoQ10 when taking your Nystatin. That stuff does a number on your cardiovascular system!
    Not entirely. What DA has done is he created his brand of IF. In practical terms it's simply ketosis, not IF. Fats don't break ketosis, carbs and/or excessive protein does. IF means fasting (no food at all) for 12-16 h/day continuously and then eating in a limited time window. Sorry for nitpicking. 'BP fasting' is a marketing term in my book.

• Not entirely. What DA has done is he created his brand of IF. In practical terms it's simply ketosis, not IF. Fats don't break ketosis, carbs and/or excessive protein does. IF means fasting (no food at all) for 12-16 h/day continuously and then eating in a limited time window. Sorry for nitpicking. 'BP fasting' is a marketing term in my book.

Got it. My terminology was mixed up. Bulletproof fasting is not an absolute form of fasting, nor does it seem to be intermittent. It does, at least for me, mitigate nearly all of the drawbacks while providing most of the benefits of an intermittent fast. The Bulletproof fasting protocol has been posted for free here:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/

@cbelling Take your medications. As your health improves, get some blood tests done and talk to your doctor about the possibility of getting off the hormones, antibiotics, and statins. Please remember to take your CoQ10!
  • Dave recommends 3 tsp raw honey to help sleep. I assume this would break the IF or get you out of Ketosis. Is that correct?

See here:

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/sleep-hacking-part-3-falling-asleep-fast-with-biochemistry/

Dave Asprey Mod Daniel • 9 months ago

Try 3 tsp raw honey at bedtime. If not enough, add:

Magnesium potassium GABA and Valerian.
  • Honey defiantly breaks ketosis. Three teaspoons of honey contains approximately 7.5 grams of glucose and 8.5 grams of fructose. The goal is to spike insulin and then have it drop to support better sleep. If you have a Zeo, you can track the difference. This does not effect me whatsoever, but maybe it will work for you.