Why Unsalted Butter?

edited November 2014 in The Bulletproof Diet
Does anyone know what the benefit of cultured butter is?

Dave says: I recommend grass fed butter. In North America the most convenient source is Irish butter called Kerrygold. Use the unsalted version because it is cultured. The salted ver- sion is not cultured. Cultured grass fed butter has the highest levels of butyrate in it, and

it contains CLA.

This is from the first bulletproof cookbook (Upgraded Chef) that was sent to me because I pre-ordered the new cookbook.

Thank you

Comments

• This question about salted or cultured butter?

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• Thank you for asking Kato, I am curious as to why cultured butter is better. Is cultured butter still alive with bacteria? Dave mentioned that salted butter does not have cultures but unsalted does.
  • dazdaz today is a good day ✭✭✭

Thank you for asking Kato, I am curious as to why cultured butter is better. Is cultured butter still alive with bacteria? Dave mentioned that salted butter does not have cultures but unsalted does.

I don't know much about cultured butter, tho, if i have the choice i go with the cultured. you can have a look on wiki, but that probably does not address your specific query.

Anyway, getting to my real point, salted butter can be cultured as well. but you are right Kerrygold salted is not cultured (#1 #2)

fake it till you make it