Help With Focussing On Easy Things

Hi guys, I have a big problem when it comes to doing easy tasks. I just always seem to get something wrong.

Sometimes I will look back over my work, tasks being easy tasks like adding a paragraph to a drawing or something else very unexciting and I will have made a mistake.  I'll be looking at it later like, how the hell did I do that?

So.. I take modafinil now and again and that doesn't necessarily cure this, just make me angrier when I notice a mistake.. Maybe I have a type of dyslexia ha? I dunno..saying that Im a bit of a grammar Nazi so who knows..

Any help would be great..

ps if the task was a challenge I would nail it..

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/

Tagged:

Comments

• WalterWalter ✭✭✭

I have been experiencing something similar lately. Usually this happens when my mind is racing, in the morning after having BPC or when I'm just too excited about something. I guess it helps to calm down for a few minutes, regain focus and resume work.

I don't think it is dyslexia but something like an unorganized mind that tries to many things at once. Taking a sentence word for word instead of typing a sentence and simultaneously think of the next sentence is much better. Do it right the first time by pacing yourself and focusing on what you're doing.

• RekaReka ✭✭✭

The task is not challenging enough to provide optimal performance. You know the inverted U model, I guess these tasks are simply on the left side. I keep having this problem during a lot of tasks at work, and never with challenging things.

It doesn't get easier... It's you who gets better.

Is your social worker in that horse?

Success has a price, not a secret.

• From what you are saying, there are many things you find as tedious and make mistakes due to those not having the same level of importance as something else you consider challenging. Perhaps try a day where you wake up and set a challenge out loud along the lines of "my challenge today is to make zero errors at work" and see if saying it out loud and setting an expectation for yourself changes how you view the minutiae.
  • That's amazing snap.. On the way back from lunch my daily walk, I made this exact challenge to myself.. I'm trying to see if I can challenge myself to zero mistakes up until xmas..

I'm typical adult adhd, hyper focus when Im interested and scatter focus at all other times.. Im not gonna be hard on myself I just need to steer my tasks to hit my focus triggers.. challenging myself has always worked, so lets see if this works.. Ive bought loads of omega 3 too.. so covering my bases..!

\m/(>.<)\m/ www.trucke.co.uk - my rockband!! \m/(>.<)\m/