The Nut Contradiction

The Diet itself says that raw nuts are OK... but the Grocery Guide states that most nuts are prone to mold... and that nut oils are prone to mycotoxins. Including macadamia nut oil...

Little confused on the contradiction here...

Thoughts?

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    He mentioned in some podcast that if you can guarantee the freshness of the nut, then it'll be good. But raw nuts you can buy in most places will have sat on the shelves for many months = high chance of molding.

The easiest solution is just to get it when they are in season locally, and avoid otherwise.

• He mentioned in some podcast that if you can guarantee the freshness of the nut, then it'll be good. But raw nuts you can buy in most places will have sat on the shelves for many months = high chance of molding.

The easiest solution is just to get it when they are in season locally, and avoid otherwise.

That's what I was afraid of... love nuts, damnit.

I take it nut oils (walnut, macadamia, etc) are out, too?

You would think they could be kept moldless...
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    'lintwalk' wrote:

That's what I was afraid of... love nuts, damnit.

I take it nut oils (walnut, macadamia, etc) are out, too?

You would think they could be kept moldless...
    Not sure about mac oil. Dave did mention Walnut oil is out cause it's a PUFA oil (risk of oxidation)... Check the Q&A for this: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/podcast-23-the-art-of-less-doing-with-ari-meisel/