Exercise Outside Of "exercise"

I'm currently doing a rapid fat-loss protocol and am looking for ways to speed things up even more. I exercise 3 times per week at Crossfit, but outside of that, I pretty much just sit at the computer all day. Should I do things like run up my apartment stairs, or jumping jacks. Long chain saturated fats go through your lymphatic system at digestion, so with all that grass-fed beef circulating lymph fluid is a must. Basically, I'm just wondering how much I should be moving on top of exercise to accelerate fat loss without risking over-training. Thanks for any feed back.

Comments

• suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    You are overthinking.

3x crossfit is plenty. The intensity of it is on the unhealthy side! Make sure your trainers know what the hell they are doing or you risk injuries (very common in crossfit groups). Some of the groups do CRAZY BAD form.

Focus on being super strict with your diet, it's a much bigger impact as far as weight loss goes.

If you want to get extra exercise - find an active hobby. Will do you much better than unnecessary exertion that will only raise your cortisol.
    edited November 2012
    'Jason wrote:

try not make idiotic trolling comments about crossfit, it's very easy to tell by your statements that you don't do it or are even educated on the subject. No certified crossfit trainer would ever convince you to use or show you bad technique, that is purely up to the individual. Joining a crossfit facility requires first completing a fundamentals course that shows you many facets of proper form which are built upon through dedication of the client and observation/instruction by the coach. How many people that join a mainstream gym seek out professional instructors before using the equipment?. Weights are modified and movements are scaled to the individuals ability, and when it comes to intensity, no one will tell you to just go nuts until you puke blood if someone chooses to do that it was their own free will. Intensity must be built upon, you always do your first several workouts at a pace that leaves you thinking " I could have done that faster" and once you feel how you are responding, you push a little harder. I have been doing it for 3 years with multiple workouts for 1 year and have never injured myself, not once have I sacrificed form for speed, and that's the point, if you choose bad form, that's yours to live with. Plus there is way more coritsol produced during one hour cardio workout than a 10-15 minute one, get educated.

No need to get personal, though not surprising cause you are so heavily involved... Sorry if it offended you.

I'm just saying some of you guys do crazy shit where coaches don't scale to individual, and don't force good form. It's a thin line exactly for the pushing yourself reason you described.

I'll also never understand why would anyone want to do the kipping pullup, but that's just me image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    'Jason wrote:
    a hater, uninspired potential.
    Thanks, I'll put that in my sig, love it.
  • 3x a week is perfect. On top of that, I recommend doing a lot of walking, like 5-7 times a week. Just go out for like 20-40 mins each day and you'll see results long term. Also on crossfit: there's really no such thing as bad movements, there's just movements with too much weight. I would practice A LOT on olympic lifts to do crossfit, seeing that's where the real danger is. Good luck on your endeavors.
  • 'Earl123' wrote:

I will say you should do some exercises daily.

If you do exercise for one hour three times a day, I will say you should do exercise for 30 minutes daily.

Specially do cardio workout i.e jogging, running, swimming, and cycling etc. daily.

Sounds to time consuming and oxidizing for me.
    Please email me instead of PM

[email protected]
  • 'Earl123' wrote:

I will say you should do some exercises daily.

If you do exercise for one hour three times a day, I will say you should do exercise for 30 minutes daily.

Specially do cardio workout i.e jogging, running, swimming, and cycling etc. daily.

This guy has to be trolling!