Whole Body Vibration - Fasted Or Fed? Does It Matter?

I'm curious if it makes a difference wether you use whole body vibration during a fasted state or a fed state? Has anyone tried it with both and noticed a difference?

Comments

• RodRod The Rodfather
    In my opinion, it shouldn't matter. I believe the point is to activate your lymphatic system to push out toxins if your not exercising a certain amount. If anyone else can chime in, that would be great.

Everything I learned about "biohacking" has been baby steps to "circadian biology", that's where the real biohacking comes in. You can buy a bunch of cool shit to "hack" but if you don't have context, you're not winning. Paleo is just a brand now and too many have opinions, it's on you to read and reread the material to not only find truth but to connect the dots. Much love to everyone who has helped me on my journey for restoring my health, please keep in touch. Feel free to message me with health questions [email protected] 

• lav2klav2k Comic Creator
    I've been thinking of buying one of these from the site. In one podcast Dave said after a long flight, after using the vibration plate, he started getting ripped.

What have been some of the positive effects you guys have experienced using the vibration plate?
  • I have a BPvibe unit from Bulletproof.com. When I get into the habit of using it daily, it really does kick me into bulletproof overdrive.

While I wish I could walk downstairs to the office gym for a BP Vibe session instead of having made the investment myself, it is turning out to be worth every penny.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013

I have a BPvibe unit from Bulletproof.com. When I get into the habit of using it daily, it really does kick me into bulletproof overdrive.

While I wish I could walk downstairs to the office gym for a BP Vibe session instead of having made the investment myself, it is turning out to be worth every penny.
    What do you mean bulletproof overdrive? Can you share more details too? Very curious how it's working out for you. Details plz image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • PuffTMDPuffTMD Welshman journey
    Unfortunately due to location/money i've not going to be able to use a BPvibe but was wondering how good was the useral ones as we have one at our gym. It seems to be limited to a minute at a time though i seem to remember 10 mins being something Dave talked about.

• What do you mean bulletproof overdrive? Can you share more details too? Very curious how it's working out for you. Details plz image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />/>

I initially started pouring details into this thread. About three hours of writing and fact-checking later, I realized that this really turned into something I needed to throw onto my blog.

For a more complete assessment of my Bulletproof journey, including how BPvibef revved it up, see http://www.dataobsessive.com/blog/bulletproofingbill

• 'PuffTMD' wrote:

Unfortunately due to location/money i've not going to be able to use a BPvibe but was wondering how good was the useral ones as we have one at our gym. It seems to be limited to a minute at a time though i seem to remember 10 mins being something Dave talked about.

Dave mentions two important things. The most important is that the vibration needs to be a up and down motion. Lateral vibration is a recipe for injury. The second is frequency. He says that some models feature variable frequency which is better, but they are many times more expensive. The BP vibe apparently uses the "best overall" frequency.

I'd find out if the model at your gym moves up and down. If it does, experiment. I can not vouch for any "getting ripped" effects, but I can understand how the lymphatic stimulation might help get rid of oxidized fats.

Dave mentions two important things. The most important is that the vibration needs to be a up and down motion. Lateral vibration is a recipe for injury. The second is frequency. He says that some models feature variable frequency which is better, but they are many times more expensive. The BP vibe apparently uses the "best overall" frequency.

I'd find out if the model at your gym moves up and down. If it does, experiment. I can not vouch for any "getting ripped" effects, but I can understand how the lymphatic stimulation might help get rid of oxidized fats.

Good points I'll find out about the model etc as you have said, I wonder if he mentions the frequency or is that just giving the receipte out for anyone lol. I'll have a read on the blog also image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • 'PuffTMD' wrote:

I wonder if he mentions the frequency

30 Hertz fixed frequency - see http://www.bulletproof.com/whole-body-vibration-plate
  • I've found a site for Australian Vibration Plates but most of them mention oscillating movement (side to side)

I found one by Cintura though which has Spiral Vibration Movement.... Would this be acceptable you think? Last thing I want is more injuries!

It mentions a frequency of 20-45Hz so that's good... I can set it for the magic number 30.

Obviously judging by the price (...discounted to under $200) it wouldn't be anywhere near the build quality of the BPVibe but until they start shipping to Oz I'm looking at alternatives and maybe this is a good place to start? Thoughts?

30 Hertz fixed frequency - see http://www.upgradeds...tion-plate.html

We have a Power Plate Pro 5 (25 to 50 Hz) I've been using it at with
    • Frequency 50
    • sec 60
    • Amplitude High

Thinking I'll need to change the frequency down to 30. What exercise do you do is it a mixture as I only able to set a min at a time. Could do with some pointers really...
  • MaverickAzzMaverickAzz Powerful
    I'd love a sticky on this topic of WBV. Powerful Mykll has an excellent question for other Aussie's too - does a sub-$200 plate provide a decent alternative for those of us on the other side of the world?

No sorcery, just science. 

• I'm curious if it makes a difference wether you use whole body vibration during a fasted state or a fed state? Has anyone tried it with both and noticed a difference?

Benefits are absolutely possible with Whole Body Vibration exercise on a high quality vibration machine. Regular exercise on one of these machines will sculpt and reshape your body without taking a lot of your time, without strenuous exertion, and positively without surgery or drugs. Whole Body Vibration has become the revolutionary method for weight loss and will definitely compliment any of your current efforts. Not to mention the boost in self-esteem you’ll feel! http://www.topsport.in/whole-body-vibration 

• Recently we can see many people who suffered due to their over weight. It may also cause to health disease. But no worries. There is a solution for this. You can use Vibration machine which will relieve you from this problem. Vibration Machine can maintain your weight at a healthy level. Just a 15 minutes workout in Vibration machine is enough to burn the calories as much as possible. :-P

• edited April 2013

We have a Power Plate Pro 5 (25 to 50 Hz) I've been using it at with

• Frequency 50
    • sec 60
    • Amplitude High

Thinking I'll need to change the frequency down to 30. What exercise do you do is it a mixture as I only able to set a min at a time. Could do with some pointers really...

Puff,

For exercising, PowerPlate does not recommend anyone using 50HZ as it has a a tendency to tear down muscles.  You can use 40HZ if you are strong and in good shape.  Low amplitudes are also recommended until you get very strong.

You can use the higher settings during message and mobilizations..

Good luck,

Jim