Question About Dave's Latest Podcast With Dr. Grace Liu
While it's clear that Dr. Liu is super knowledgeable and really knows her stuff? Did anyone else out there feel like it was a little hard to follow her at times? And that at many times she had trouble answering the questions Dave was asking and instead would go off on some tangents?
I also had a hard time isolating take away points... here are some that I think I came away with (please correct me if i'm wrong)
- Benefits of potato starch are now not entirely clear... because it depends on what your individual gut biome is.
- Testing is important to find out what you have, in order to best figure out how to treat it.
- Resistant starch should be taken with something like metamucil to make sure it makes it down to the colon
- Inulin is very good, and some foods that contain it or onions, garlic (dave doesn't like garlic), and something called sunchips? sunchokes? I couldn't quite get it. And then chicory.
- Dave has his regimen which includes, Prescript Assist, Garden of Life, AOR Probiotic 3, and Align GI Probiotic... though I'm not sure what resistant starch he uses
- Dave also present some research showing that collagen is good for gut bacteria...
Can anyone else out there help me with this stuff?
What do you think are the best sources of inulin? Anyway I can just take it in a pill? Or should I be downing sunchips....