Best Portable Blender For Bp Coffee?

Work on the road a lot, so just getting the proper supplies together.

What's the most reliable/ least leaky for making BPC?

Comments

• Work on the road a lot, so just getting the proper supplies together.

I think the Nutribullet is the best blender for the $ and functionality out there...

Use the flatblade for grinding my coffee / mixing Bulletproof... and the extraction blade is amazing for juicing / smoothies...

And SO easy to clean... no nonsense.

My only warning would be to follow the directions and don't over-fill.

I absolutely love it.
  • Actually I went ahead and ordered this, since I'm usually "grab n go."

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51108-Stainless-Blender/dp/B005NIXSHQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

It's a smaller blender with an integrated drinking cup, all stainless. Figured I'd give it a shot-- with the integrated cup, it's a nice large enough cup to not have to deal with a separate one. Probably not for carrots and celery, but in our case should work fine for butter and coffee so long as it doesn't leak.
  • I use a milk frother.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭
    Hand burr grinder.
  • jondjond
    edited November 2012
    Frothing pitcher and immersion blender -- Doesn't leak...ever.

In my experience, all the magic bullet - type blenders leak after a while.

I've also used a milk frother like this one at work, which is effective but you have to wait for the butter to melt all the way.
  • I just put mine in a blender bottle (like for protein shakes) and it works fine. The cold butter and oil cools down the coffee a bit, but I still get a nice head and its delicious. I just dump it all in and shake it real hard.
  • Dusty, Do you wait for the butter to melt before shaking? I would think you have to.

I just put mine in a blender bottle (like for protein shakes) and it works fine. The cold butter and oil cools down the coffee a bit, but I still get a nice head and its delicious. I just dump it all in and shake it real hard.

• I just put mine in a blender bottle (like for protein shakes) and it works fine. The cold butter and oil cools down the coffee a bit, but I still get a nice head and its delicious. I just dump it all in and shake it real hard.

'Antonios wrote:

Dusty, Do you wait for the butter to melt before shaking? I would think you have to.

I would also be careful about the plastics leaching harmful stuff if you're adding 200 degree coffee to them...
  • 'lintwalk' wrote:

I think the Nutribullet is the best blender for the $ and functionality out there...

Use the flatblade for grinding my coffee / mixing Bulletproof... and the extraction blade is amazing for juicing / smoothies...

And SO easy to clean... no nonsense.

My only warning would be to follow the directions and don't over-fill.

I absolutely love it.

I got a nutribullet, works well for cold smoothies but I've found it's easy to scald myself when mixing hot liquids. Pressure builds up.

• Actually I went ahead and ordered this, since I'm usually "grab n go."

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51108-Stainless-Blender/dp/B005NIXSHQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

It's a smaller blender with an integrated drinking cup, all stainless. Figured I'd give it a shot-- with the integrated cup, it's a nice large enough cup to not have to deal with a separate one. Probably not for carrots and celery, but in our case should work fine for butter and coffee so long as it doesn't leak.

On the road for a couple of weeks and this is doing the trick for me, just to report and follow up. Its not thick stainless and therefore loses some heat, but its the right size and convenient.
  • GNC blender, 20$ and it does great
  • Has anyone tried making BP coffee with one of these??

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/NinjaMasterPrep.shtml?tabID=detailsCont
  • I take it back. DO NOT PUT HOT DRINKS IN THE NUTRIBULLET, YOU WILL SCALD YOURSELF.

• BUMP:

Just came across this item that is due for release next week:

http://www.breville.co.uk/vbl062-blend-active.html

I'm intrigued but thinking maybe wait for some reviews, ideally from this community!

• Mines pretty much like that with a shaker lid top. Hardly portable.

Katolotus

MMA Fighter

SUCCESS: A lot of little things done well

• JustsoJustso
    edited September 2013

I reluctantly second the Nutri Bullet. On most scores, it's an amazing machine. I use the milling blade to grind my beans, the mixing blade to make my coffee. It is an immensely powerful unit that will rock anything you put in it, but it has some draw backs for long term use with BP Coffee.

Since the Bullet cups are BPA free, they're not tolerant to high temps that you're going to get with making BPC. Like the Vitamax, the Nutri Bullet creates friction and will build pressure very fast in the cup. MCT oil is also rough on BPA free plastic. 

My first bullet cup I had cracked at the ribs within 4 months and began letting liquid seep through when I'd blend and spray coffee all over the place. Then I had to go through the harang of dealing with Nutri Bullet's customer service. I can't emphasize this enough - if you buy a Nutri Bullet, register it and jump through all the hoops from day 1 when you get it, because if you don't and you wait until something goes wrong, it's a MINIMUM of two weeks after submitting your documentation before you'll be able to order a replacement part for it, which does you no good if you have a broken cup or a shredded gasket. Then on top of that, if you let them use FedEx smart post to send the replacement, you're at 5-7 days for shipping on top of it. Of course, they'll upgrade you to 2-day air shipping for $30. They love dragging their feet on the registration process, and to my mind, it's unacceptable that the process moves this slow there. Getting to the point where all my documentation cleared and was able to place a replacement order was a frustrating, excessively time consuming pain in the ass.

When it is all functioning, the Nutri Bullet is pretty freaking awesome. But just understand that if you're using as a daily BPC making machine, you're going to break stuff down and will at some point have to order replacement parts.

I want a Vitamix really bad, but it's just not in the budget right now.

• I'm partial to find anyway possible to avoid contact of hot liquids (especially containing fats) with plastic.

Sure, everyone is exposed to these sorts of xenoestrogens or phytoestrogens on a daily basis regardless, but I'll I take all measures to avoid them!

The science shows that there are many differed biphenols and biphenol-A is only one of them, if fact, the others may even be more dangerous. Different plastics have different dangers, but it seems that all plastics have some sort of dangers, especially when involving hot, acidic, fatty, liquids being emulsified in a high speed vortex ;-)

To remedy this problem, I use a ceramic drip and to blend I use wither a stronger milk frothed (be careful not to bend!) (which is useful - but does not make the real deal BP coffee) or a glass Oster blender (not portable) at home.

It seems that a basic immersion blender and stainless steel frothing pitcher would be a great travel combo (as mentioned by jond above). I just found one on craigslist for $10!

• I use the 15 dollar Hamilton Beach Personal Blenderr from Amazon for travel and every morning. Just remember to cover the top with a paper towel to avoid hot squirts the first 2-3 seconds of blending.

. Every evening, l place butter and high octane in the stainless steel container, cover it and set it aside. In the morning, I make my coffee in a French press, then pour it into the jar, seal, cover with a sheet of paper toweling and grind for 5 seconds. Amazingly easy.

. Perfect and easy clean
  • I took a stainless steel wire ball from a protein shaker and put in my travel coffee cup (also stainless), drop in butter, MCT, and stevia. I use an Aeropress, so just put it on top of the travel cup and push down. The coffee is hot coming out of the Aeropress, melts the butter Tightly screw on lid and shake. Easy to make, easy clean up
  • Vortex Mixer is great

• How well does this work?  Looks really convenient and it's great that it's not a plastic cup.

Actually I went ahead and ordered this, since I'm usually "grab n go."

• I realize I'm late to the conversation here. Just joined the BP family. This morning I just experienced failure with my nutribullet blender. After a few weeks of making BP coffee in it it finally develops a crack. I wouldn't recommend the nutribullet for BP coffee. Love the suggestions others gave here. Will have to try them. Anyone try the instamixes?
  • fixerforhirefixerforhire Mr. Not Sure.
    edited June 2016

immersion blender and a larger non plastic container of a size to accommodate the immersion blender head.

you can clean or rinse onsite or wipe down and store in a bag to clean at home.

I have the immersion blender and aeropress at home and a full size blender and ceramic drip at work.

I rarely make BP coffee at work lately because I hate cleaning the blender.

this also works out well because I do much better with 5+ hours between my BP coffee and lunch. This took me 2 years to dial in. I just started doing it this year regularly.

I noticed in the past that it felt better, but I made the diet conform to my work + lunch hours. 

when I do BP IF i'd stretch my lunch out to 2-3pm rather than noon.

"normal" lunch hours are a pain in the butt. between peer pressure to eat crap, crowds, general timing inconveniences, I loathe lunchtime when i'm dropping weight.

at home I boil the water in a medium sized pot, grind my coffee, ready the aeropress, brew a cup, then transfer back to the pot, add butter and oil,  and apply the immersion blender.

the blender and pot rinse and clean easily and quickly.

edit* sometimes the details get lost in the process. I do things and forget all of the reasons for why i'm doing it a certain way.

I don't know if it's still a valid reason, but blending is supposed to create micelles that optimize absorption.

• I just use a 20 oz double walled KleanKanteen and shake the hell out of it. Works well for me. No cleanup, and I just throw it in my bag and it is ready for work. I do this even when I'm not traveling. I tried putting a shaker ball in it, but it was noisy and didn't really seem to beneficial.

• It's very simple . A electric milk frother is just perfect. Light, compact and no fuss. It blends perfectly.

• edited September 2016

Mason Jar plus immersion blender. No plastic, all glass and you can make the "get some ice cream" with these jars and blender.

Step 1: Pour coffee into Jar

Step 2: Add Butter and Mcts

Step 3: Blend!

The head of the hand-blender fits perfectly into the jar. The jar itself is tall enough to prevent spillage.  As a bonus, the immersion blender is quieter than a regular blender.

• @astronmr20 said:

I use the nespresso milk frother. Limited in capacity -- you can't make more than a cup, but it essentially blends in the butter and oil, and keeps the coffee warm at the same time. A bit pricey at almost $100 for the sole purpose of making BPC, but it works for me.

• valanavalana
    edited October 31

@Hoc how do you use the nespresso frother? cream, oil and butter in the frother all at once? hope you can reply.