Bulletproof Tea Ideas

I have a bad reaction to coffee so doing Bulletproof Coffee longterm is unrealistic for me.

Since Dave Asprey apparently got the inspiration for BC from Tibetan butter tea, surely there are tea-based alternatives?

Currently, I am thinking something along the lines of:

* Green Tea (matcha? sencha? jasmine)

* 4tbs Grassfed butter

* 2tbs MCT oil

* Not sure the taste will be good, so some spices to mask it? (cinnamon? ginger?)

* Salt? (traditional Tibetan butter tea has it)

* Mix it all in a blender. Profit.

Thanks for your input.

Tagged:

Comments

• that sounds great man do it up

• I drink Guayusa tea http://www.guayusatea.com/health-benefits/  . This tea de-calcifies (heals) the pineal gland along with other benefits as seen in the link. It also gives dreams! It gave me really lucid dreams and gave my mom dreams and she very, very rarely has dreams. 

( i drink it 3 ways, one- plain, 2-with coco oil and butter, 3- throw it in my  coffee blender, half coffeee, half tea and run it thru coffee filter, then mct, butter, drink.)

An indian woman told me that this plant is the little brother to ayahuasca(hallucinogen found in amazon basin)

I also suggest making ginger tea from ginger root before 12 and cinamon tea from sticks for after 12.(chinese herbalist recomendation.)

• Mike, that sounds amazing! Combine that tea with Skate Liver Oil - known to decalcify the Pineal - a one, two punch.

My current Bulletproof Tea recipe is:

2 cups Chaga

2tbsp butter

1tbsp coconut oil

3tbsp Brain Octane

1/4tsp Maca (raw gelatinized)

1/2tsp He Shou Wu

1/2tsp Upgraded Vanilla

-blend-

2tbsp collagen

• bulletproof_alexbulletproof_alex Bulletproof Team Member

Here's a recipe I did earlier today:

about 1.5 cup brewed Bulletproof Cacao Tea

+ .5 cup coconut milk

+ 1 dropper of stevia

Put in travel mug and shake.

= Deliciousness :)

Marketing Communications Coordinator | Bulletproof

• Anyone do yerba mate? I just trief it bp style with a slash of vanilla. Delish
  • I've been doing chaga and tulsi (holy basil) together. Really good!

Chaga/he shou wou sounds great too.

And maybe it's my middle-eastern fusion self, but I love me some green tea with cardamom and the oils.

I keep meaning to try mate' again because it's supposed to be so good, but it always makes me pee like a racehorse (more than coffee) so I find some subconscious resistance to it.

• I love mate myself. It gives a lot of people an upset stomach, especially if they drink it fast or have a whole cup - but it doesn't ever cause me any problems. Personally mate with butter is delicious, and I also like mate with any chai-type spices I happen to have on hand and then butter+coconut cream. Yeah, that's the best chai ever! 

I find mate or green tea (also delicious with butter and a bit of pink salt sprinkled on top) to work much better for my system than coffee - but I have never been a coffee drinker to begin with and it just seems like its too much caffeine all at once for me. 

• edited March 2015

I prefer Guayusa to Mate (or even to BP coffee). It contains caffein, theobromine, theophylline, and theanine so it has all the benefits of coffee, chococalte and tea combined. It feels awesome and tastes great. If you like mate you will love this as it tastes much better.

http://www.guayusatea.com/health-benefits/

Edit: Oops I didn't notice that someone else posted this idea already.

Also try Jiaogulan

http://www.healthline.com/health/is-jiaogulan-the-new-ginseng#2

Do not take anything I say here as medical advice.

• I have a bad reaction to coffee so doing Bulletproof Coffee longterm is unrealistic for me.

Since Dave Asprey apparently got the inspiration for BC from Tibetan butter tea, surely there are tea-based alternatives?

Currently, I am thinking something along the lines of:

* Green Tea (matcha? sencha? jasmine)

* 4tbs Grassfed butter

* 2tbs MCT oil

* Not sure the taste will be good, so some spices to mask it? (cinnamon? ginger?)

* Salt? (traditional Tibetan butter tea has it)

* Mix it all in a blender. Profit.

Thanks for your input.

I make this all the time. It's pretty awesome. Matcha has a grassy taste that some don't like.

I'm use to butter tea so the salt doesn't bother me but some people don't like it. Butter tea is more like a soup than a tea.

• sparefilmssparefilms Post-human Construct ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

I drink Guayusa tea http://www.guayusatea.com/health-benefits/  . This tea de-calcifies (heals) the pineal gland along with other benefits as seen in the link.

How did you know your pineal gland was calcified? Why is your pineal gland calcified? How does the guayusa tea de-calcify the pineal gland? 

I am a huge fan of Runa's guayusa teas and sparkling beverages and have never heard of guayusa having anything to do with the pineal gland.

• edited March 2015

How did you know your pineal gland was calcified? Why is your pineal gland calcified? How does the guayusa tea de-calcify the pineal gland? 

I am a huge fan of Runa's guayusa teas and sparkling beverages and have never heard of guayusa having anything to do with the pineal gland.

Yeah. I found nothing much about this besides  anecdotal stuff. I wish someone would post some journal article on this if it exists.

Most peoples pineal glands are calcified to some exent. It occurs with normal aging.I'm not sure if it would be good or bad to decalcify the pineal gland as pineal secretions inhibit sex hormones ( http://www.theodora.com/anatomy/the_pineal_body.html). However, increased calcification is associated with alzheimers ( http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0197458006003629).

As for pineal calcification being detected...you can see it on CT scan. See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora_arenacea

As for pineal calcification being detected...you can see it on CT scan. See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora_arenacea

Exactly, but the extent would depend on age, as far as I can tell. Knowing how he came to understand that his pineal gland was severely calcified and how he could tell the calcification was reversed might shed some light on this. 

• My pineal gland is probably pretty healthy as I'm 22 years old and have fairly healthy habits, and am somewhat of a spiritual person. I have no evidence whatsoever I was just told this by an old Indian woman so you could say this is Native American 'lore' or knowledge. I know nothing about the calcification of the pineal gland.

It did enhance the lucidity of my dreams, some say the pineal gland is involved with the dreaming process so maybe there is something to it, this is just based on my experience and is my theory.

Perhaps it is something scientists could look into.

My pineal gland is probably pretty healthy as I'm 22 years old and have fairly healthy habits, and am somewhat of a spiritual person. 

I fail to see how being a certain percentage 'spiritual' relates to the age-dependent calcification of the pineal gland. Could you shed some light on this? Also, what is the difference between a 'somewhat spiritual' person and a not-somewhat-spiritual' person?

I have no evidence whatsoever I was just told this by an old Indian woman so you could say this is Native American 'lore' or knowledge. I know nothing about the calcification of the pineal gland.

It did enhance the lucidity of my dreams, some say the pineal gland is involved with the dreaming process so maybe there is something to it, this is just based on my experience and is my theory.

This is odd considering what you said earlier about guayusa tea healing the pineal gland, that seemed like you were quite certain. I'd be interested in an actual connection between beverages and pineal function, and unfounded claims can detract from pertinent areas of inquiry.

• so your saying the calcification of the pineal gland is age dependent.... I see.

I'll do my best for you on this spiritual question you asked, a somewhat spiritual person from my point of you is someone who perhaps meditates everyday, someone who has a connection with the earth. There are many things that are spiritual. To speak of just myself things that are the most spiritual things that I do in my life are yoga, meditation, gardening, being in nature, prayer, cannabis, magic mushrooms(alone in silent darkness. ) even being as nice and kind as you can is spiritual.

A not spiritual person is tougher bro and I'd rather not go there but for the sake of the perfect contrast see 'dick Cheney.'

As to your second part I'd be interested too bro, an Indian lady told me this, I said it from the beginning of this thread, she said guayusa is the brother of ayahuasca and that it decalcifies your pineal gland, true? I don't know bro.