Bodybuilding For Muscle Mass Gain

2»

Comments

• If hypertrophy is your concern, http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2015/07/are-bigger-muscles-better-antioxidants-and-the-response-to-exercise/

The bias of the article is against hypertrophy, but you can still reverse engineer its conclusion for your own muscle gains. Building muscles that are both large and healthy is difficult. Your body would prefer muscle efficiency as opposed to sheer size. 

Selected threads from the BP forum (Use your own signature to highlight threads that you think are important or significant)

• Q4) My bad. If its my strength phase, 3´d mesocycle, deload week, should I still eat maintenance calories or gradually increase them, so by the end of the week I´m back to +500 and can start my next massing cycle. Or it just doesn't matter a lot?

Thanks!

• The #1 rule of bodybuilding is to take the time to know your body. Experiment with different exercises, positions, and ranges of motion.

Don't get super caught up in how much weight you can lift. If your goal is to look good for muscle mass and muscle density, train with high volume, and try to get as much blood rushing into the muscles as possible. Go for the pump and the burn.

#2 rule of bodybuilding: You need to be eating enough CALORIES. Even if you're eating 300 grams of protein a day, f you aren't getting enough calories, you won't grow. Period.

I've trained like that for the past year and have gotten incredible results. Although I am not as strong as some of my friends and can't lift as much weight as they can (because they train heavier), visually I look a lot better because of my training style, and that's how I like it.

• I'm new here and I don't really know all of the terminology used...However, I trained with weights for over 35 years and competed in bodybuilding competition for many years. I know what works for me now at my current age and how that has changed with each decade I've trained and how I train with lighter weights and much higher reps. As an example 20 years ago I would leg press with 1200 lbs for 5 or 6 reps...now I top out at 800 but do 20 reps. And I would be in the gym up to 2 hours a day (dumb) and the past 10 years I'm never in a workout for more than 45 minutes. I believe the real secret to progress is consistency and I was very fortunate to go to work in 1980 for Larry Scott...He won Mr America, Mr Universe and the first 2 Mr . Olympia contest. So I had a very good mentor early on.
  • DespDesp

I'm new here and I don't really know all of the terminology used...However, I trained with weights for over 35 years and competed in bodybuilding competition for many years. I know what works for me now at my current age and how that has changed with each decade I've trained and how I train with lighter weights and much higher reps. As an example 20 years ago I would leg press with 1200 lbs for 5 or 6 reps...now I top out at 800 but do 20 reps. And I would be in the gym up to 2 hours a day (dumb) and the past 10 years I'm never in a workout for more than 45 minutes. I believe the real secret to progress is consistency and I was very fortunate to go to work in 1980 for Larry Scott...He won Mr America, Mr Universe and the first 2 Mr . Olympia contest. So I had a very good mentor early on.

Isn't advising people on how to lift without including the most important dietary recommendation - steroids - a bit irresponsible?

• Isn't advising people on how to lift without including the most important dietary recommendation - steroids - a bit irresponsible?

First...I haven't given recommendations on how to lift or any advise on diet...I gave an example of what has worked for myself only...In addition giving anyone, particularly a novice advise to use steroids is completely irresponsible.
  • What does your diet and training routine look like?

• Who are you asking?

Sorry I forgot to quote, I was asking barks.
  • Hey Jason...here's a few sites that I've given more details about my training...neither one is selling anything.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/bodybuilders/jeffb.htm

http://www.getnarked.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-1003.html