11 O´clock Crash And Other Issues

Hello ladies,

I´m drinking bulletproof coffee (10-20g kerrygold butter w/ 20g Brain Octane Oil or MCT) at 7 a.m. and always at around 11 o´clock I feel very uncomfortabe, dizzy and sick. If I take activated charcoal the feeling is not so bad.

Could this be a herxheimer reaction due to a candida die off?

I know the basics of the bulletproof diet but have a lot of problems to make it work for me:

- water retention if I consume salt

- often bloating

- can´t to IF for more then 4 hours without mood swings and hunger (even with more butter in my bpc)

- don´t know what to eat in my break at school that doesn´t smell bad (no eggs, no sardines,...) and isn´t liquid (no protein shake, no soup with collagen)

- very slow digestion, if I eat a normal meal in the evening with veggies, protein and fat it is still in my stomach the next morning (betaine hcl and digestive enzymes doesn´t help)

- don´t feel satiated and satisfied with much fat and less carbs

- if I eat to less carbs I can´t sleep (collagen+mct+honey helps a bit)

- if I eat to less carbs I have no period

- if I eat to less carbs i feel depressive and got no energy

- if i eat much carbs I get very tired and hungry soon

My staple foods are:

eggs, collagen/gelatine, whey, sardines, salmon, lamb/beef(rarely grass fed), chicken

kerrygold butter, homemade ghee from kerrygold, coconut oil/cream/milk, avocado, olives, boo&mct

carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, white rice, honey, coconut sugar, bananas

broccoli, cauliflour, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, zucchini

vanilla, chocolate powder, erythritol, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, pink himalayan salt, frozen herbs, turmeric

vitamin c, vitamin d, vitamin b1,b2,b5,b6,b12, vitamin k2, zinc, magnesium, potassium, calcium, choline

probiotic (Bifidobacterium Breve, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Lactobacillus Helveticus, Lactococcus Lactis)

sometimes fermented cod liver oil, maca, 5-htp and l-theanine

Any ideas appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• DManDMan Master of Arts ✭✭✭

What else do you have besides that coffee?

Feeling crappy around this time comes from your natural cortisol. If your cortisol is messed up you will feel bad. Maybe check into adrenal fatigue.

The second thing might be that you are somewhat low carb but not low enough to enter ketosis and feeling crappy and maybe depressed and what not may be the stage when your body realises he has not enough carbs to maintain enrgy levels. If you want to enter ketosis and benefit from that you can't eat suger. Just wait a little and you will enter it. If you crave carbs have more fat.

You have to heat less carbs for 2 days or so until you enter ketosis for the first time and eating like a whole sweet potato int the evening can make you fall out. this way you will enter a vicious cycle because you will feel crappy again the next day when your body has not enough carbs. Most of your symptoms come from that I suggest....

And if you workout more often then you should go check out the thread in my sig (How much to eat).

Feeling tired after much carbs is normal. It's the so called sugar coma. Feeling tired from food is also a sign of inflammation but normal to some degree. Feeling very tired means you eat something bad for your body or too much...

Same goes for bloating. A little fart here and there is normal. But farting the entire day probably bad....(Allergy/sensitivity). For example I know many people can't eat steamed kale and such but I can eat cruciferous veggies all day long without any bloating. But if I eat some legumes (one bowl of chili con carne) I have to fart the entire next day....

May you be well, may you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be loved.

How much to eat:
    advanced | How to train: bulletproof training | HRV: HRV FOR TRAINING HRV BASICS What Affects HRV | Brain  & Memory dual n back training advanced training

• Sorry to hear about your discomfort! I'm not sure about the herxheimer reaction, but as for the bloating, I can suggest something. Experiment with a strict low FODMAP diet for a week or two. I was always bloated until I started limiting certain foods like honey, avocado, sweet potatoes, cruciferous veggies and all sugar alcohols (I personally cannot do erythritol -- my only sweetener is stevia). There is a lot of contradicting info out there about which foods are FODMAP friendly, so it might be confusing. I went with Aglaee Jacob's information. I hope it's ok to post a link? http://radicatamedicine.com/2014/06/03/paleo-low-fodmap-diet-food-list/