Recommend A Bcaa Supplement For Me That Doesn't Taste Terrible

Hi, I'm experimenting with the Bulletproof rapid fast fat loss protocol, and have added BCAAs to my diet. I purchased the powder from Now, and it's hor-ri-BLE!

What are others using? I read about Scivation Xtend (Watermelon) on some body building sites and that is generally well reviewed, but it's not a pure BCAA as far as I can tell. Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks!

- Steve

Comments

• I just put in mouth, chase it down with water then go eat/drink something better tasting.

• I just put in mouth, chase it down with water then go eat/drink something better tasting.

I've been doing that, and I can definitely gut through it, but there's gotta be a better way! LOL.
  • 'Jason wrote:

mix it into a grass fed protein powder.

Hmm, thanks. I'll have to try that when I transition away from the rapid fat loss protocol.
  • suntouchersuntoucher Uninspired Potential ✭✭✭
    Or just get it in pill form.

• Or just get it in pill form.

Sure, I will consider that. I'm trying the Scivation Xtend today when it arrives so I'll report back.
  • Jarrow Coconut Oil Caps, cheap
  • 'leetx' wrote:

Jarrow Coconut Oil Caps, cheap

Coconut Oil Caps = branch chain amino acids?
  • Okay trying the Watermelon Scivation Xtend, and it's ... super tasty. Unfortunately extra stuff in it (artificial flavor, soy lecithin, sucraloese, Ace-K and food coloring) so it's probably not bulletproof, but way better than the Now plain BCAA powder. This stuff tastes like cool aid--there is the bitter BCAA in there, but it's masked by the citric flavor.
  • edited November 2012
    No BCAAs in coconut oil capsules. He must be confused with medium chain triglycerides.
  • edited November 2012
    I buy veggie caps from whole foods and put the BCAA powder into them...down 10-20 capsules before and/or after workouts. Stuff to make 24 capsules at a time is cheap and easy to use. I simply could not bear the taste at all, so I hide it in the capsules and all is well. They sell capsules of BCAA but they are far more expensive than the powder.
  • 'Reis' wrote:

I buy veggie caps from whole foods and put the BCAA powder into them...down 10-20 capsules before and/or after workouts. Stuff to make 24 capsules at a time is cheap and easy to use. I simply could not bear the taste at all, so I hide it in the capsules and all is well. They sell capsules of BCAA but they are far more expensive than the powder.

That's an interesting idea, thanks!
    'Reis' wrote:

Yeah that's the way to go. You can also cap certain vitamins, aminos and other stuff to save like 50% (!).

Don't get the 0 version. Get the 000 version (largest). You'll need less caps and less labor.

I have the Cap-M-Quik (00) and it can do 50 caps per round w/ around ~600-700mg of powder per cap. The 000's are around 1.2g I believe.
    edited December 2012
    On the same note... if you are downing BCAAs for training, then you might consider a more cost effective way which is to simply... drink more whey. It includes plenty of BCAAs, and at, say, 50g of whey protein you get a lot of different aminos.

50g of whey would have +/-: 4.5g ieucine; 2.5g isoleucine; 2g Valine. Close to the "Ideal" 2:1:1 ratio too - who woulda thunk it image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Unless you are in elite athletics, BCAAs are likely to be overrated. If you are concerned with amino availability, you can just take some whey pre-.